Chapter 28: the labyrinth

Chapter 28: The Labyrinth

She pretended not to know, she thought that covering her sense of guilt will make things easy for her. The longer she stayed the more her heart ached in a devastating pain. She felt her soul being torn into shreds being pulled backwards were her feet's kept going ahead. Why would she feel this intense regret? Why would she keep seeing her wrongdoing and remorse? As soon as he entered the hole, she gave him the same look, the same uncaring mood she kept sending. It was a thing unsought of but more of a habit; the same face yet deep down she carried pain. A habit she gained to pull miles between her and everybody else. A practice that was a self-taught to insure her safety the most she can, and like that she left knowing that this time will be the final time.

Xavier kept following her steadily all this time boiling with rage at her desperate need to stay away from him. His head racked around with all kinds of emotions and thoughts but one thing for sure he wanted revenge. Revenge is what he needed and revenge is what he wanted. He followed carefully from behind noting the things he can do to teach his stubborn mate the rules that he had. He didn't see red, he saw hell break loose presenting his wrath that can't be held anymore. He followed her through the forest all the way into the edge of the mountain.

It was a flat land that was cleared from anything and everything; not a single tree or an herb can be seen. The place was deserted not a single soul can be felt to roam around in the area. Like a ghost graveyard the yellowish ground covered the barren land until it reached the foot of the high raised mountain. It was ominous, giving a forbidden feelings by the time Xavier reached the place. Like a cursed grave the threatening, dire and doomy vibes spread into the place like a burned flesh. It was repulsive enough that it made him hold his nose from the rotten smell that couldn't be washed away. He ignored those signs, and looked up where he was able to still see her silhouette struggling yet swiftly hiking the hills, going up the mountain as it seemed to hold a higher cave with a dark opening; was she going there? But why?

He took a step to follow her lead however when his right foot stepped into the grim edge a spell were activated trapping him inside. Like a forbidden array a red aura manifested onto the barren range frizzing Xavier into his place. The air turned cold and freezing sending a petrifying chill into his body. Similar to a pack of ants crawling silently through his bones as a sign of dangerous and ominous mood spreading into his way. It started as a warning, calling his courageous heart to take cautious steps and avoid the upcoming darts. When he felt the spell surrounding his body bit by bit swallowing his will and piercing his core.

As a sequence of events one followed the other at a designated speed. As soon as the red aura fell into the place, an illustrated labyrinth flew out of the ground like a banshee's soul, wailing sinfully towards the waiting hole. Inch by inch it broke through the decaying dirt and created thousand layer of iron rocks to reach and touch the bluish sky and reassert. One by one they landed perfectly onto each other, building sky high mountains of cursed walls. Coming from here going to there, facing the west cutting the south; shaping the edge from all directions and every possible way. It was a labyrinth of wickedness, a gate where no end can be found; opening a hallway of never ending path, for miles it stretched and for million miles more it went. A bunch of rooms that were filled with mist, a white thin substance busted through the greenish muddy and stifling walls. Covering the space and blinding the sights. Waking up the trapped souls, that were lost for eternity inside that frosty prison.

One by one they rose up from their slumber wailing angrily at their retched fate. Yelling at their stupid luck and roaring at the new comers for waken their wrath. They sobbed; crying rivers, they howled begging for peace and they shrieked from the never ending emptiness beside their racked corps. They stood like a field of mushroom lost in space and absent minded like fools. They were souls not people with minds anymore. They were wondering souls trapped inside that labyrinth unable to meet their God. They were imprisoned to wait forever and moan at their awful death and horrible afterlife. Building their anger and forwarding it towards the soul living human that stood between themselves. They howled in unison calling for each other, sending a summons to every ghost to reach the entrance of their grumbling home. Their cries were powerful, strong and forceful; shaking the ground that pushed the humongous walls. Like a cannonball that had been fired by the empire's army announcing their wining cry and their ruthless judgment day.