chapter 15: The final understanding

Chapter 15: The Final Understanding

The supreme alpha is finally out as Xavier's wolf took full control over his human side and howled into the sky. His cry could be heard from miles away, cutting the space and blowing the minds. He was the supreme for a reason. The ruler of every wolf and every creature this earth's had. When he landed all on four, the guards and the people who were there bowed in submission at the first glance. He landed majestically with his black fur dancing with the breeze. He was unique a rare species his built and shape was so beautiful that eyes got lured, hypnotized by its shines.

He was huge, so huge compared to others. In fact, he was the largest ever seen, when he stood beside a human body he was definitely compared to medium sized house. The blackish color that only the alpha of alphas have, had shun brightly mixed with the runaway sunlight. The crowd didn't need to be informed of who he was, they didn't need to know whom he was, as the power he had and the aura he released can tell all.

He took careful and proud steps, baby steps, while he observed his surroundings; scanning and registering the people around him. He smelled the air disgusted at the different, unclean scents shaking his head as a result to relive himself. The impureness, the darkness even he believed they executed the rotten smell of decaying bodies. He felt them to be polluted, corrupted, and nauseous. Abhorrent by the smell of dirtiness and lewdness he felt from them. His eyes went through the faces noticing every detail they had; their wrinkles, their uncomfortableness, especially their anxiety. Everywhere he went, he will always get the same reaction. The little drops of sweats the fragrance of terror.

But who can blame them he was indeed a monster, a blood seeking killer.

He lifted his head high facing the sky that started to get imprinted by the yellowy color of the rising Aelius. Howling again screaming at the Gods, showing his dissatisfaction towards the world. Growling menacingly at the crowd, shaking their halo as he loudly called for challenge. Yes he was asking to be challenged as he walked through the men sniffing and digging the earth beneath him. His actions were daring clearly an open invitation for those who were worthy enough to stand and face him. He desired a fight to let his anger and displeasure out, luring the rebelling spirits of dormant souls to take some risks and accept his call. However, his expectations were doomed, the further he stimulated the further they cowered back. He can sense it; the denial and acceptance of him as the stronger being.

Disappointed he shook his head, as he ended up losing his will. He glanced in mockery and revulsion, springing towards the forest. Leaving a trail of dust and gasps of relief from behind. However, the gasps of pain and the moans of hurt from upstairs were loud and clear. The body laid there unable to move as his hands tried for couple of times to rise and failed. He was at the verge of crying, when he held his head hiding his eyes form the lurking sun light. It was already morning, he concluded whipping the dust and sweat along with the few droplet of tears that had escaped his will. "It hurts" he mumbled "It hurts a lot" he confirmed. "Just what did I do wrong" he wondered.

A series of thoughts rammed his brain when a hand stretched out to help him out from under the debris. "You okay?" he asked in concerns. "Yep all good, report to me soldier" he demanded trying with all his power to show his confidence and tenacity.

The man stood awkwardly, not able to find words that can describe what he saw or seen "ahhh, I think the king went for a run" he declared honestly with the minimum words that could or can lead to trouble later. At the end he was a mere soldier who followed orders, they tell him do that and he will do it as simple as that. How was he supposed to know and report? What would he know at the first place to report? He almost screamed, feeling his souls leaving his almost empty body.

"I meant, did anyone die, how many casualties, tell me the scale of losses" he further explained. Rolling his eyes for his stupidity, forgetting in a bit his early humiliation.

"No one died" he answered.

"No one, no one," Jace still insisted.

"Yes no one, sir" the young soldier confirmed hesitantly.

Jace's eyes narrowed, taking a good breath and falling back again into the debris, ignoring the yelling of the soldier and the rushes of footsteps.

"Sir, you okay" the man asked hurriedly checking for any injuries.

"I'm not okay" he replied "this time I'm definitely not okay" added in mockery directly while he tore rivers.

Choked the young man stood still not able to move, than he rushed to stand up speaking hurriedly " I will bring the doctor don't worry sir everything will be okay" and he turned to leave. But he soon stopped when a whisper reached his ears.

"I don't need a doctor I need to write my will because soon we all going to die"

"sir" he wavered, his boss wasn't at his right mind at all; did the fall brock his brain he wondered? Gazing again at his head searching for any injury but finding none. Or could it be concussion he double checked?

"No one died" jace repeated.

"Isn't this a good thing" the soldier probed again.

"It can't be a good thing, boy"

Becoming more confused he asked "what, but why" what has nobody dying do with his situation.

"Boy, if no one from their side had died, it means that one of ours will or worst case scenario we all; them and us are going die"

Their faces become paler with a second, yes it seems the results were confirmed, they were going to die soon.

Finally he understood.