Chapter 52: The rustle of the door

The pack had been turned upside down since the moment Xavier set foot on their land. It has been three days already and the pack seems to be an abandoned one losing its past glory and splendor. Most of their houses and mansions had been destroyed on the soldiers search mission. Chairs windows doors, tables and clothes were thrown everywhere. Nothing was like before, the majority were broken and ruined every time a fight was started. Bodies and the remains of many corps spread through the pack like some drops of rain. Like a piece of wood an arm or a leg can be found lying down on the street or through a window, worst of the worst you can find a head plunged like a weathered follower drowned in a pool of blood.

The people were gathered and kept sited in front of the pack house like a herd of cows under a fool watch of the soldiers. They hadn't tasted food nor drink since the day of the party. The kids had cried from fear and hunger until they surrendered to sleep. Three consecutive days had turned their lives into hell, seeing the most tortured and horrified things. Especially their alpha the one who set have dead dew to the excessive beating he had faced. They had asked him thousand questions ninety nine percent of them had hit home exposing all his bad deed.

It wasn't easy to evade them, in a way they knew he was lying the same way he knew they knew he had lied. No matter what he said or begged they threw him a duff ear. He have been investigated in front of his mate and family along with the whole pack. Following their shocked and disappointed looks he understood that the days of their respect had been washed away by the destructive wind that Xavier had brought. He had lost everything, his life and his position; his power in a nick of time had vanished. He had lost everything, everything and the people who pushed into this will never help him. At the most they will try to kill him as soon as possible to silence him off.

"Sir, how much further will we be staying here?" a man that wore a dark uniform stood behind the captain asking him eloquently while the stood at the roof top of the pack house. They were summoned not too long ago as a reinforcement, however when they arrived he didn't see why they were dispatched. He looked at all the men who stood presenting the glory of the royal soldiers, wondering why on hell's name would they need all of them to contain this small and weak pack. All of this force brought to this unknown land to stand still for three days doing nothing. He almost lost himself missing his drinking days and his vacation that had to be annulled due to this mission.

"No idea and stop asking we only follow orders, do you understand" his captain answered professionally while his eyes kept closed. His words were precise hiding his sigh deep down and his full regret. Even though he didn't say anything yet, he also had the same thoughts as his man. Orders had come calling for them without any further explanation. Despite the briefing with the higher up but no words were caught. However he heard some whispers that the king where here with them so it must be something big. "We better stay alert, you don't know what can happen" he tried to advice feeling something was coming"

The other man brushed his advice and laughed ironically "what can happen in a place like this? I am afraid the ghosts of boredom will rise and ask for a fight" he laughed as if there was nothing ignorant at what was happening behind those closed doors. His carefree stat was envied by the search team leader who stood in front of Xavier's room. His sweat had flooded his back and forehead like a fallen dam. His limbs quivered as the sound of the table hitting the wall and shattering under the force. He simply wanted to cry, he wanted to cry and wipe through his sorrow hatting the times when he was a kid dreaming about the idea of being a trekker.

Mastering all his power he pulled himself together and stood firmly this time, trying all his best not to sound afraid or shaken "I am sorry sir to interrupt" he started using all his hearing to sense anything from the other side "I came here to report" he continued hesitant "it is urgent my Lord" he finished, knowing that to day he may not stay alive. Regretting not spending enough time with his family or visiting his mother before he went out this time.

It started with some moving things from inside the room. Than it become a rustle of the door handle before it was flung open thrown into the side until it fell.