Chapter17: The Scent

Don't forget to vote and comment, thank you.

Chapter 17: the scent

The wolf stood stretching his figure out, shaking his fur playfully along with the sunlight. His reddish irises followed the little dust shapes teasingly hitting them with his big paws. He sat there for some time, moving his sensitive ears listening to nature's speech. He moved his little mustache with the breeze, his tail dancing joyfully as he started to lay down and close his eyes forgetting all his worries and troubles.

The day was so astonishing, amazing and breathe taking. His heart flattered even though he was as cold as ice. He was warm even though he was surrounded by snow. His heart and figure were comfortable, happy and joyful shaking the frost out of his frizzing core. Just like that, time flue by passing slowly and hurriedly in the same time. Time was abstract as he; set and run, played and dreamt, as he thought and sighed. He distracted himself with everything, he pushed himself high and low to not think and cross into those damn thoughts. Yet, his efforts were useless, because even though he tried hard, those distressful emotions and those desperate feelings still came.

They kept coming undercover through the shadows of his soul. They kept coming undiscovered through the barriers of his mind. They simply kept coming and hitting his weak spots; destroying the little bit of power he had.

He howled, he howled strongly and mighty into the air, breaking the wall of sound. He yelled miserably presenting his wretched and disheartened being. But at his lowest moment, he never thought that the heaven and earth were guiding him soundlessly into his fate. He didn't feel it, he wasn't aware of it, yet his big and shaky paws followed his destined path blindly. His head was spinning, his soul was wavering. Trapped inside a war, cornered inside a battle, helplessly puled somewhere. Divided under his yearning and his regret into thousand pieces unable to be resembled.

He stopped for a second, his eyes blurred as his steps become heavier and hefty. His conscience was weighty unfocused he seemed. His strong paws moved clumsily through the dirty path, lead mindlessly through the trees. Like a hypnotized man he followed the cleared road. Like a cursed man he followed the invisible hand to walk his trail. He was a soulless man; a man in a haze until it hit him hard.

The scent.

Like tsunami wave it hit his shores drifting his unclear anchor. His controlled body, like it was hit by a meteor shook heavily, starting to find it hard to stand. The scent was forceful, the smell of Sinnamon and strawberries were intoxicating to the point of losing breathe. He shook as the wave kept moving him left and right breaking his conscience or whatever left of it and destroying his will power to the ground. However his feet never for a second stopped moving he kept going under the pressure, and he kept following the yellowy path impulsively. Like a robot he walked, like a overseen entity he followed.

Xavier noticed the scenery, the place that started to become more and more as the one of his dreams his eyes circled around flicking through his surroundings. Was he inside a dream? Did he fell a sleep earlier? The same rock, the same trees, the same everything. Where was he?

The wolf didn't stop, even though his mind couldn't believe what he was seeing. The sweet smell kept hitting every part of him knocking him down softly. The powerful pulling that called his soul along with the undeniable feelings, turned his world and broke his logic. It was way too forceful, simply too forceful.

He rushed over seeking the comfort of this feeling. He was happy, joyful and excited as his legs trembled and heart raced so fast that it could be heard from miles away. His enthusiasm intensified jumping into the next level.

Xavier transferred into his human form again, taking back his control as the sound of bones breaking filled the area. The transformation was painful. The pain of smashing every cell and every bone you had and changing their shape wasn't an easy task yet it was so worth it. Especially for wolves who got thrilled to reach that epic moment and the feel of freedom it came with. He took back the control scanning the place judging his circumstances carefully. At the end of the day he wasn't stupid. Deep inside he knew that this phenomena was the matting call, he can feel it strongly with every instinct he had, that this hypnotizing smell was the sign of his mate. Nevertheless, the past disappointment taught him to end his belief. He was way too young that the lesson engraved onto his soul's walls. It was a lesson he had to learn by heart; where he had to close his heart and switch off the lights and put down the fire of his hops.

It was hard, so hard how could he expect more of himself and his fate? It was so hard that clearing the thick layers of dust that accumulated over time, over that big corner where the moon stopped rising way too long ago, was an impossible mission. But the impossible thing was to stop the little buds from blossoming.