revamped: part 4

"Did you check her pockets?" Tim asked the man while looking back at the two. "The fuck is on her hands?"
"Yeah, (Y/N). What the fuck is on your hands, huh?" The two men barked at her but she said nothing. She stared at the gray ceiling of the car she was bound in. Truthfully, she feared for her mother. They were never close but to think her house would go up in flames was not unreasonable. Her mother always had a bad habit of smoking in the house and leaving the gas on. Maybe the fire wasn't as bad as it looked in retrospect. Maybe she wasn't even home when it happened. She paid no attention to the man yelling in her face, her mind was elsewhere. It was only until he dumped water onto her face did she cuss in retaliation. "Now you're talking," The hooded man said. "I didn't want to have to get violent now."
"I'm sure your friend can't say the same." The car filled with an awkward silence. Suddenly he stopped the car at the side of the street, waving to his friend to drive instead.

"Alright. You wanna act tough? Be my guest." He grabbed her tied hands forcefully and pushed them into her face. "I'm violent? I'm violent, (Y/N)? What the fuck is this then?" She bit her tongue in shame and closed her eyes. She had no idea what happened. There was nothing she could tell him, even if she wanted to. She felt the car begin to speed down the street again and make a sharp left turn. It would be great if either of the two learned how to drive, she thought. Tim pulled out what looked to be an old burner phone, searching its contents momentarily. "You were a mile or so away from a house that got robbed. The lady's face was beat 'till she was unrecognizable. That sound familiar to you?" He asked her. She could barely see his eyes behind his mask but she could tell they were locked into her soul. "I said does that sound fucking familiar to you?" The tough act the two put on did not scare her. If anything, it felt pathetic. "How about we drop you off at the station, a mile from where we found you? Hands covered in fuckin' blood?" He let her hands fall back onto her chest.

"How about if you do that, I show them the tape of you two bashing that guy's skull in."

He looked silently at her. "She's bluffing," Brian said. "What fucking tape, now that your house was burned down?" Tim noticed the slight smirk on her face. Without notice, he began to search her pockets. He held her tied wrists above her head as he searched through the contents of her pants, her front pockets and then her back pockets. She felt his hand touch her bottom side and suddenly remembered the note she received.
"Get the fuck off me!" Her knees jerked in retaliation but he held them down with the weight of his legs.
"Calm the fuck down," he hissed. "If you made this any easier maybe you wouldn't be in this position. You think about that?" She felt his hand dig around in her back pockets and an uncomfortable silence took place. She stared shamefully at the seat beside her as he tried to make the process as quick as possible. Brian took a double take looking back at the two. "Hey, I thought I was supposed to do that." He chuckled but Tim stayed quiet.
"Just keep driving, jack-ass."

He went through the contents of her jacket. Pepper spray, a taser, a switchblade, several stolen items from Ms. Bridge's house and finally a folded up sheet of paper. But no tape. "Don't fucking touch that," she demanded, struggling in her ropes. "Don't touch it!" The two men looked at each other momentarily before he unfolded it. It was a few of Sam's drawings she'd taken from Ms. Bridge's house. Now the car was tense. Tim tilted his head to the side to insinuate leaving the car. "Alright baby face, cigarette break." Brian said as the two peeled out of the car. "Wait! Are you gonna fucking untie me?" She yelled as Tim stood outside of the car door. He looked at Brian and they both laughed, slamming the door on her. Cunts.

She eyed the knife hidden neatly in her leather boot. As the two talked outside, she saw Tim's mask shift to the side to smoke. She struggled to reach her tied-hands to her shoes. On her second attempt, Brian banged on the window. She jumped in shock and glared at him. He turned back around and pulled his ski mask up to accept the offered cigarette. She noticed his jawline... Never mind. She continued to try to reach for her knife, just barely grabbing it. Desperately she cut the ties around her wrist, carefully watching the two talk as she did so. When she broke out of the tie, she stabbed at the ropes around her ankles. Realizing once again there were no handles in the backseat, she rushed to the front seat, falling out of the car door. The car started to make an annoying noise signaling the door was open, no shit car, she was trying to escape. "Hey, what the fuck!" Brian yelled. She was already running as he yelled.
"Get the car!" Tim yelled. She looked behind her, knife in hand as she ran from him. He was catching up on her quickly. She wasn't very strong however she was fast, yet so was he. Her legs burned in an itching rage of freedom and before she could run into the woods and escape the two, she felt two strong arms wrap around her body, taking her down into the road. Her knife flew out of her hand and she heard a car pull up beside them.

Brian exited the front seat, opening the back door for Tim. She struggled against his grasp, groaning and crying. He shoved her in the backseat. "Where are the fucking zip ties?" Tim asked.
"The trunk."
"Pop the trunk and come hold her down." She heard the beeping of the trunk slide open followed by Brian switching spots with Tim. As they exchanged positions, she attempted to kick Brian in the groin. He swiftly caught her leg, then forwarded to her arms, holding her down. His weight muted the fight of the lower half of her body.
"Not this time, buttercup." He saw tears form in her eyes from exhaustion. "Crying? I didn't even hit you." Tim slammed the trunk and took a seat in the front. He threw a bag of zip ties at his companion and began driving.
"What do you want from me? I have nothing for you."
"Oh but you do Ms. (L/N)," he said with what sounded like a smile. She got the feeling he enjoyed doing this to her. He took a zip tie out of the bag and re-tied her hands and ankles, this time far tighter. "So, where were you hiding the knife, huh?" He asked as she laid bound. She made no response. "You hear me?" He asked. She rolled her eyes. He took out the knife she had in her boot, tracing it down her leg. "Could it be.. Your boot? Makes most sense to me. But if you won't talk, maybe I have to force it out of you."
"Brian," Tim said sternly, in an aggravated tone. "Stop."
"Stop what?"
"Stop fucking talking," He said. She saw his hands grip the wheel tighter.
"I'm sorry Tim, did I offend you?" He asked sarcastically.
"No, you're fuckin' annoying me. I said shut the fuck up."

The car sped faster as the two talked.

"How am I annoying you? By talking to her?" Brian asked, putting a gloved hand on her neck. "Because if I put her out right now, Tim, it'll only be you and me, like always, chatting it up, for the rest of our fucking lives." His grip on her throat intensified. She supposed not everything at home for the happy couple was sunshine and rainbows. She felt like she was eight years old again, in the middle of her parent's arguments.

"We're supposed to find out where the fucking tape is, not fucking torture the girl!" He slammed his fist on the wheel, screaming.
"The tape is fucking gone in that fire. How the fuck are we supposed to find it?" Brian looked over at the girl, pulling up his mask. "Hey, look at me. LOOK at me. The tape. Hello? Do you hear me?" He gently tapped her face as if to wake her up. "Where the fuck is it? Is it burnt to a crisp in that shitty-ass house of yours or is it somewhere else? Dead like your fuckin' boyfriend Sam?" She stared blankly at him, saying nothing. "Is this bitch fuckin' deaf?"
"(Y/N)," Tim screamed. "WHERE THE FUCK IS THE FUCKING TAPE?" She said nothing in the echo of his angry voice. "Fuck this," He said to himself as he made a U-turn.

"Where we goin' pal?" Brian asked. Brian kept his gloved hand around the girl's neck as if it were like they were holding hands. She'd only let out a few sobs earlier. Her face was as blank as ever now, her expression devoid of any revealing information. He felt his thumb slide against her jugular. "Right here," he replied. He opened the backseat door after he exited his own, letting Brian out. It was dark outside, almost pitch black, but the headlights gave her a clear view of what was ahead of her. They were on top of a bridge.

"Alright, (Y/N), you've had your fun." Tim grabbed her ankles, pulling her out of the car and throwing her over his shoulder with ease. The three walked to the edge of the bridge, the metal surrounding it not enough to protect her from falling. "Tell us where the fucking tape is." Tim demanded, holding her face off of the bridge.

Underneath she smelled cool waves brushing past one another. How she wished she was a wave, silently marching through the sea, the salt devouring her body as she swam lifelessly with fish. Her blood covered hands now wiped away the misery that ensued her life. Her psychotic ramblings come to an end. The constant headache to finally fade.

Minutes might've gone by, she had no idea. "(Y/N), I swear to fucking God, I will throw your body off of this bridge and let you break your neck on the fall. I will let you die miserably under there. Tell me where the fucking tape is. Do not make me do this. Don't fucking make me do this, (Y/N). Where is the fucking tape?" After receiving her deafening silence he shouted an obscenity to himself.

"How long has that thing been following you for, babe?" Brian asked. His mask was up and he had a defeated smile on his face. "How long have you spent nights awake feeling like your life was coming to an end? How long has it been since you lost Sam?" She said nothing but it didn't matter. Tears rolled down her face as she shut her eyes. He grabbed her face. "Open your eyes, girl. Look at me. Tell me how long he's been gone for. Gone to everyone. Vanished from thin air."
She opened her eyes and stared at his empty brown ones. "I couldn't tell you. I don't know anything anymore." Tim shifted her body in his arms, her face still facing the wavering sea beneath her.

"Well then, let's make a deal."