revamped: part 5

She did not fear the men when they attempted to intimidate her. Although it was a bit overwhelming, nothing compared to the dissociating feeling of hearing them laugh and talk normally. It seemed every time she heard Tim's low chuckle, she saw him hurting the man in the video. It was hard to fathom that he was a person beyond the tape she watched.

She thought back to when he untied her. His seemingly gentle nature, covered with a milk white mask, hidden underneath a bloodied crow bar. "(Y/N), no bullshit," he assured, his arms crossed. She could barely make out his squinting eyes underneath the mask. His voice was stern but had a tenderness to it. Brian seemed to disagree with his idea.

"For fucks' sake, you're untying little psycho over here?" He said, hands on his hips. "Y'know I'm only joking. But seriously, you're gonna untie her?"

Tim did not bother to answer him. "No bullshit, right?" She nodded.
"Right. And when she runs off again with a fuckin' knife she pulled out of her ass, you go catch her again, big guy." He remarked in a perky tone, patting Tim on the shoulder. "A big fuckin' bouncer you are, Masky!" He said, holding out his hands in amazement. He dropped them dramatically, laughing to himself, proceeding to trail off to smoke a cigarette. She watched Tim pull out her own knife that she was planning to use on either of them. He flicked it open, cutting the zip ties off of her ankles. He did it hesitantly and placed his open palm on her lower leg to reach for her hands. He looked at her, she could now see his black looking eyes through his mask, the dim yellow light shining onto his black hair. Tim-idly (haha) she lifted her wrists. He grabbed one of her wrists and proceeded to cut off the plastic restraint. His grip was gentle but firm, like a doctor trying to check your pulse. "Do you have any more knives on you?" He asked. She said nothing. "Is that a yes?" He looked at her with an expectant glance.

"No." She replied with. She held his eyes on her own, waiting for the silence to cure itself. This was the most eye contact they'd ever made. She didn't like making eye contact but she knew not to look away first with certain kinds of people in certain situations. This was one. It was a dominating move, not breaking eye contact with someone you know could hurt you more than you'd hurt them.

"I'll hold onto this for now." Breaking eye contact swiftly, he slipped it back into his tan jacket. She dared not to move her limbs until he looked away from her. She stretched her knees and rubbed her wrists. The air was tense. "Why are you wearing a mask?" She asked in a voice that he barely heard. "I know what you two look like." He nodded, looking out of the opened car door. "Don't know," He shrugged. "Maybe it's better that way."

The seemingly quiet nature of the man gave her whiplash. All she could see was his bloodied hands and crowbar.

Brian slinked back into the car with a deviance. He hopped in the passenger's seat and turned to (Y/N). He lifted his mask with a grin. "Truce?" He held out his fist. She stared at his ungloved hands, revealing bruised knuckles. "Truce." She bumped her fist with his own.
"C'mon you freak," Brian said to Tim. "Take the fuckin' mask off. You're scaring company." He pulled the mask off, revealing his serious expression. His eyebrows were thick and knitted as if he was constantly worried. His eyes had dark bags that somehow complimented his pale skin. He had freshly grown sideburns, as if he'd cut them recently. He glanced at the girl who'd been staring at him since he took off his mask. His face crossed in irritation. "What?" Brian chuckled, turning back to face the windshield.

The deal the trio came to was that (Y/N) would give up the tape (that after two hours of interrogation did she finally admit she still had) in exchange for the two men to not give (Y/N) up to the police. For robbing Ms. Bridges, of course. After finding her jewelry and (Y/N)'s hands covered in blood, there was no mistake it was her. She even admitted to it after a while of their prying but did not recall beating her.

It was five in the morning. They pulled up a few houses down from her own. It was crumbling to ash. She felt her chest tighten and beat in anxiety. She wanted to run out and see if her family was okay, even though she knew they weren't there. If they were, they were dead. "It's not here," she said quickly. "Down the street." They pulled into a quiet park with two playsets set far away from one another. A large patch of trees covered the area. She got out of the car quickly and the two followed. Brian grabbed her wrist and pulled her body towards him. "No funny shit, okay?" She pulled her wrist away from him, glaring into his eyes. "I'm only joking. But don't forget how Masky body slammed you last time you ran off." He laughed to himself, his smile sickeningly the most attractive thing about him.

She didn't like how she found Brian attractive. She thought it was a sick joke. His sandy colored hair, his jawline, his grin. He was funny at times, even when he shouldn't have been. She ignored it, mostly. At times when he looked back at her, expecting to laugh at something dumb he said, she couldn't help but feeling put on the spot. It was harder to maintain eye contact with him, she noticed; although she did not have any sort of feelings, she thought he was mostly crude and impolite.

"I have an idea," Brian said. "For the time being, we should put a leash on (Y/N). So she won't try to escape again."
"Are you ever gonna let that go?" She asked. She led them into the woods she visited at times. He laughed. He then pulled Tim to his side, whispering something in his ear. She looked back at the two. As Brian whispered to him, he glanced up at her. She stopped walking.
"What? Are you trying to run away again? Keep walking!" Brian commanded with a finger. Her glare intensified, only making his grin larger. "The hell are you whispering about?" She asked.
"Worry about walking," Tim replied. She rolled her eyes.
"Don't be crass, Masky. He was just telling me he'd like to see you in a collar." Tim elbowed him in the stomach earning a huff of pain from Brian.
"No we weren't." She shook her head.
"Whatever." She replied. She kept walking but heard the irritated sigh of Tim. "Let's just get this over with," he said impatiently. He seemed anxious. He consistently looked around in paranoia. She stopped at a small tunnel draining water into a creak. She steadily walked around the water, pulling a black plastic bag out of the bushes. She gripped it tightly as she walked back onto the trail.

She held it out towards Tim. "So, here. This is it I guess. I never have to see you guys again, right?" She asked.
"Don't sound so excited now," Tim replied. "We still have something to go over with you." She dropped her hand that held the tape. He could sense the fear in her face. "What else do you want?"

Tim groaned. "Let's not talk about it here."
"Then forget the tape," she said. She pushed it in her pocket and stepped back. "Hey, don't be like that," Brian replied. "You don't gotta do nothin' but answer a few questions." She stepped back once more and Tim followed her. "Not here," he remarked, grabbing her wrist. In the woods she heard rustling of twigs and a woman with her dog walked by. She didn't make eye contact with her but Tim let her go. "Fine."

Tim wanted nothing more than to escape the exhausting pressure of the woods. He lit a cigarette as he walked, humming in a low tone. "Tim's superstitious, you see," Brian said, walking behind the man. "Smoke protects you, a little song shines a barrier on you, whatever." He talked a lot with his hands, her eyes were drawn to every sudden movement he made with his face and body. "I don't know what you mean," she replied. "What's there to be superstitious about?" He only smiled at her in response. "You know." He replied. She turned her head slightly. A feeling of paranoia washed over her as his smile did not fade. It never did, even when he was seemingly angry. "Hoodie," Tim said in a tone that sounded more like a warning. "Relax, my friend. Just giving an intro." Tim's thick black eyebrows were knitted into a scowl as they moved. "What's with the names?" The girl asked, her arms crossed defensively across her chest. She promised 'Hoodie' no funny shit but her eyes constantly searched the ground for large rocks to defend herself. "You and all these questions. What are you, a cop?" Tim asked, walking steps ahead of the two now. His head constantly turned in what she assumed to be paranoia. "What are you two? Some gangbangers?" She asked, eyes focused on the ground. "Why? You interested in our services?" Brian asked. Tim scoffed. "You really are a fuckin' perv."