CHAPTER 25

"So, you gotta tell me all about this thing," the hyper Indian man, Rasheed, demanded s he practically bounced in his seat. "What's it look like?"
"You haven't heard?" The girl asked. Rasheed tilted his head, sitting on the opposite side of the couch from her. "Mother fucker has no face. Tall as shit- I hate talking about it, it makes me sick," she said.
"Holy fucking shit," Rasheed said, biting his lip. "I've been following the cases for a while. It started by missing kids, then missing men-"
"Usually suffering form mental illness, I know," she said. "I was on the cases, too."
"Really? I thought I was the only one!" He exclaimed, sighing. "I can't believe it's some.. creature, or whatever the fuck. I thought it was some gang."
"No, the cops would've had them dead already- in my town, they didn't do shit. I decided to take it on my own, get to the bottom of whatever the fuck was going on. And then, I met these two idiots," she said, ruffling Brian's hair. He bit her hand, and she slapped him. Rasheed laughed, but it quickly dissipated.
"I hate to be the stereotypical Indian guy and come up with some stories.. but.. I can't help but notice something," he said. "I-it's stupid, never-"
"Just spit it out you geek," Brian said, playing with the girl's hair. Moman was unpacking and setting up, and Tim and Will were discussing plans later that night.
"I lived on a reservation for most of my life. I left, that shit was depressing- but there was something my mom would tell me about. she'd tell me about this tall dude. No face, a suit, white- extremely fucking tall. Maybe it's not the same guy, but he didn't have a face, and he had these black, long tendrils." He leaned in, looking around. "It's bad to just talk about him. But he invades your mind- my mom died when I was little. She killed herself. But she would tell me he'd have his own little world, or something- only place you could really actually touch him. It's crazy."
The girl's heart began to quicken. "Yeah, fucking crazy. I'm sorry that she passed,"
"It's alright." he said.
"What did she say about the- place?" She asked.
"I mean, she was crazy, it's probably nothing-"
"She wasn't crazy, Rasheed," she argued. "This is happening to me, too. I think I've been there. I think-" she looked at Brian, nodding- "I think we've all been there." Brian nodded in agreement, not really paying attention to the conversation at hand.
Rasheed's eyebrow went up in concern as he pried. "W-wait, are you for real? Like, how?"
"When it touches you," she said. "You're taken somewhere... cold, and damp. It's really hard to explain, but it's always in a wooded area, or somewhere abandoned."
"Which of you have been there most recently?" He asked.
"That would be me," she said. "It's funny- he didn't even touch me- I don't think.. But I was there for hours. It was hell."
"Holy shit," Rasheed said. "That's... fucked up."
"Yeah," Brian said. "I've been there. Once or twice. I was being chased, and I had to collect these weird fucking papers," Brian shook his head. "I thought I was just high. Nope."

Several bangs against the door were heard and everyone in the house felt it, shaking the door, almost as if it were to fall down any second. Rasheed's eyes went wide as he muttered something, standing up form the couch he went to answer the door.
When he opened the door, two figures made their way in on their own.
"Yo!" A familiar male voice yelled.
"H-hey, yo-you can't just walk into my house li-like tha-" Rasheed was cut off by a Latina girl with flat ironed, long black hair that stopped at her mid torso. Her eyeliner was as sharp as knives that could cut into the souls of the damned, and she had an attitude for days.
She took notice of the Latina girl and smiled at her. "Hey, Daya," Daya gave her a look, but then soon dropped it. Smiling, she greeted her back.
"Hey," she said. "So what bad guys are we like, shooting up?" She said.
CJ wrapped an arm around his girlfriend and told her not to worry about it, which soon brought up a muffled argument between the two.
Moman walked down the stairs and stood beside (Y/N). "Who are those two?" He asked quietly.
"The guy is one of my old friends, CJ. That's his girlfriend, Daya." He nodded, understandingly.
"Where's Will?"
"Right here," he said, walking behind Moman. He wrapped an arm around him and the girl, much smaller than them, giggled. Will plucked her on her head, and Tim glared at him.
"Don't." He affirmed. Will gave him a nervous chuckle, and Tim pushed past the gay couple and went to CJ.
"Hey, CJ. Who's the chick?" Brian asked, standing at the door frame next to Tim.
"This is D-"
"I'm his girlfriend, and who the fuck are you?" Brian raised his hands in defense and let out a loud, maniacal laugh.
"Jeez, what crawled up your pussy and fucking died?" He asked.
"My sanity," CJ mumbled. His girlfriend questioned him, but (Y/N) soon intervened.
"This is Daya, guys. Stop being pricks."
"So, (Y/N)," Daya asked. She leaned over into her ear and whispered a question. "Which one are you screwing?" Embarrassed she awkwardly laughed the question off.
"What are you guys whispering about?" Moman asked.
"What's it to you?" Daya asked.
"That's Moman, he's cool. And that, the white boy next to him, is Will. That's his boyfriend." Everyone in the room looked over to the two in shock and Will scoffed.
"Wait, Will, you're gay?" Rasheed asked.
"Guys, how the fuck did you not know this?" Will responded. Rasheed looked into the air in confusion, unaware that his childhood friend was in fact gay. Whatever.
"Moving on," Tim said, trying to get down to business. "What's going on tonight? Who's going?" Tim asked.
"And where are we going?" (Y/N) asked.
"Well, we need to find the address on this one guy. He's a gang leader- he knows me, so, I have to be careful." CJ said.
"You don't know where he lives?" Brian asked. "Do you know where one of the hideouts are?"
"I do. Who's going? We're gonna torch the fucking place," he said, angrily.
"Wait, what?" She asked. "And what's that gonna do?"
"It's payback, duh," he responded with.
"CJ, that's dumb shit. We need a plan. Something strategic, to get more done."
"She's right," said Will. "Going in and just fucking shit up isn't the way to do it."
"I think it's good!" Brian said. (Y/N) elbowed him in his stomach and he fake threw up all over her arm.
"Well what ideas do you have?" CJ asked her.