CHAPTER 15

The girl sat at the back of the hotel's steps, a cigarette in her mouth as Moman stood at the bottom step, next to her. He sobbed, his breathing erratic and sobs uncontrollable. The image was haunting. . . She knew who did it. They all did, except for Moman.
She took a deep sigh, shutting her eyes, the stench of the cigarettes making her lungs burn.
"Moman, there's something you need to know."
She needed him to know. Everything.
He looked up, a questioning look in his black eyes. She put an arm around his shoulder, sighing.
"...I'm sorry, I don't swing that way, you know-"
She cut him off. "Jesus Christ Moman I'm well aware." He nodded, wiping away the salty tears.
"The thing that did that to your kid.. it. . It wasn't human, Moman."
He nodded. "I-I know, the inhumanity-"
"No, that's.. that's not where I'm going at." She sighed. "Tim. Tim has been followed by this.. man. But it's not a man. It's far from human. It- it has destroyed lives mercilessly. Your kid being one of them." Moman sat silently. "I'm on the run. From it. The three of us are... That's why I left, Moman. I wasn't being completely honest with yu when I said why I left. I left because I knew I was infected, and now, you are, too." He sat there, silently staring at the ground.
"Will I die?" He asked.
"Oh, Moman," she said, his innocence making her heart clench. "You learn that the hard way."
He began to breathe in, and out, slowly. "What can I do? I'm infected- by- whatever this thing is. How can I leave? I've got nowhere to go," he said, tears falling down his face.
"We think we found you a way. Please, Moman, be strong. Be as strong as you possibly can. But everything comes to an end, inevitably. People die. And that's the most humane part of life- death." She Pat him on the back, and stood up. "We have to leave. The cops will be here soon. Do you have your stuff?" She asked. The clock read 3:46 AM.
"Yeah. Well, enough of it, at least." He pat a black and white bag on his back. She nodded.
"You'll be driving with us for a little, alright?" She could hear sirens in the distance and mentally cursed. "Let's go."

They ran to the parking lot, Tim and Brian waiting by the car. "I'll drive," she said, dragging her black bag with her. She tossed it to Tim, as she walked to the front. He walked by her, slipping into the seat behind her, Moman sat in the back and Brian next to her.
She out the car into reverse as she began to drive, exiting the parking lot. Brian turned on a station, to a random station.
"OH SHIT, I KNOW THIS SONG," Brian cried.
"OH SHIT, SO DO I," she yelled back.
"OH SHIT, I don't." Tim deadpanned, and it went quiet. They all started to crack up after that.
It was Woah by Earl Sweatshirt and Tyler the Creator. She cranked the music up, as they sang the chorus. (Y'all should listen to it, it's my shit)))
"Bitches know that it's the G. O. L . F. DUB, A. N. G.,"
"WOOOOOAAHH WOLFGANG BITCH, FUCK OUTTA HERE," Brian screamed, as the girl laughed, keeping her eyes on the road as she laughed.
"POST BITCHES TRY N DISRESPECT, GET A FUCKING THUNDER TO HIS NECK,"
She yelled.
"CAUSE ITS THE G O L F DUB A N G, G O L F DUB A N G,"
They all yelled together. They laughed, and she attempted to drive straight and not get overly distracted. Still singing along, she kept notice of the police lights farther behind their car, back at the hotel. And then, like a bomb falling onto them, it started to scratch out. Static. The trio felt uncomfortable, feeling their hearts drop. Static was never a good sign.
Moman still happily sang along, unaware of their uneasiness.
"Damn, too bad. That was a good song." She saw something by the heavily populated sidewalk. A man. It was tall.
Quickly she flipped through the stations, and held back her urges to cough. Another good, catchy rap song came along, and they all rapped to it, but the uneasiness was still there. It even felt a little forced.
They all laughed, mindfully, trying to fill the melancholy and guilt they were all feeling. No matter how good Earl Sweatshirt was, and no matter how fucking wild Tyler was, a kid was still dead. (Y/N) was still considered missing, and now Moman was going to be, too.

Pulling into the parking lot of an old, rundown diner, which was just closed, she parked in front of another car.
On the car, William leaned against it, looking up at the sky. The girl's mind was flooded with memories when she saw him. He looked.. different. The last time she saw him, he was half naked with a purple tie wrapped around his neck- not even tied correctly. His pants were out of that picture.
But he was different. She noticed the dark bags under his eyes; his once greasy hair was now a little longer, and cleaner looking. He wore a white button up and jeans, Timbs and a brown leather jacket. In all honesty, he looked good.
They all got out of the car, and Brian exchanged a handshake with Will, then Tim. Moman stood by their car, awkwardly staring at the attractive boy under the stars.
(Y/N) smiled, hugging the boy. "Will, it feels like it was only yesterday when you were crying to me on your bed, half passed out from the alcohol and calling me a slut," she fumed. "It is SO nice to see you." Will awkwardly chuckled, scratching the back of his head.
"Well (Y/N), it's nice to see you too. Sorry about that, just by the way." He looked around the three. "So?.."
"Oh, right," Tim said. "That's Moman. Moman, this is William."
They nodded to each other, and Will gave him a warm smile. Moman looked to the ground.
"So basically, three isn't really company at all- and four will not be an option. Will needs his own Partner In Crime, and eventfully so does our guy Moman here!" Brian exclaimed, pulling his hands up. The girl chuckled, and Brian put his arm onto her shoulder without effort.
"O-Oh," Moman stuttered. The girl winked at him, and gave him a smile. He gulped.
Will put his hand out, offering to shake it. Moman hesitated, but held it out, shaking it. "Nice to meet you."
"Okay, now! Time to trade cars! Pretty, pretty, pretty car-"
"Hold on a second, Brian. It can wait, can't it?" Tim said, holding his temptation back.
"Moman, let me talk to you for a second," the girl said, before dragging him to the side.
He stared at her, sighing.
"You didn't tell me you were sending me off."
"I'm sorry, Moman, but it's for the best, alright?" He nodded, looking to the ground. He cracked a smile.
"Well. At least he's cute." They both laughed together, and the laughter filled the empty parking lot.
"I wonder what they're talking about," Will said. Brian and Tim looked at each other and smirked, chosing to stay silent.

They switched cars, to keep suspicion low. Tim now drove a grey Lexus, and Moman and Will got the other car.
Giving their goodbyes, they hugged (mostly just Moman and (Y/N) ) and went on their way.
The trio pulled out of the parking lot, as the two were left in their car.
"I heard about what happened. Your brother-"
"yeah. I don't really want to talk about it, though. I'm sorry." Will gulped, nervous. Did he fuck up already?!
"Hey, don't sweat it!"

Will didn't really tell them that he was actually gay.