CHAPTER 12

The man lay unconscious on the ground before the trio, as they panicked.
"What do we go with him?!" Brian asked. Brian and the girl stared at Tim for answers. He glared at them in confusion.
"Tch, as if I'd know what to do with him!" He shot back. "I don't know why you rely on me for these things."
The girl looked around the restaurant, making sure no one was coming in, or out. She frantically searched for an idea in her head.
"Maybe we could bribe him?" She asked them. They looked at each other, but Brian shook his head.
"How? He's knocked out cold," Brian stated. "We don't know jackshit about this asshole, anyways!"
"What's something everyone wants?" She asked. "Money."
"True," Tim said. "But how the hell do we bribe him like that? We need the money for than anything."
"I got an idea," she said. "This guy's a drinker, I can tell by the way his breath smelled. And he was drinking a lot. I asn't sure at first, but when he had me against the door, I knew for sure."
"And?" Tim asked, impatiently. She glared at him.
"And, we can make this look like his fault. We need to find the booze, first."

Frantically, they searched the backrooms for any kind of alcohol. Sooner or later, Tim stumbled upon a case of Budweiser's and Jack daniels.
They dragged him to the backroom, where employees were only aloud. (Y/N) took a can, opening it, and then pouring the can out. Then another, then another. On the four, she drizzled some on the ground, poured some on his shirt, and messed with his clothes. She positioned him onto the ground, as if he had passed out due to drinking.
"Good thinking, (Y/N)," Tim said under his breath. She turned her head.
"What was that?" She asked. He shook his head, and she raised an eyebrow.
"C'mon, we're almost finished. Frankly, I don't want to be caught doing this. Although, it's not the weirdest I've been found doing..." He admitted, "alright, nevermind. Let's get back to work before someone gets here."
They staged the restaurant to look as if he'd been slacking off and drinking the whole night. For all they knew, he could've been alone, tending to this place by himself.
As they planned things out next to each other, a reporter's voice caught their attention. An implanted T.V over one of the booths was playing, but when they said (Y/N)'s full name, their attention was drawn.
"In more news about the missing girl's case, it's been discovered that she packed a bag full of items, concluding that this was indeed a run away's case. Here's an inside look of the home.
'She was an idiot." The T.V blared. She recognised the voice; it was of her brother's.
"Did you think she ran away when it became a possibility?" The female reporter asked. " 'Hmm.. yeah. I mean, maybe. Thats always a possibility, right?" He informed them. He didn't sound even slightly worried. She sat down at a booth. Is that how she was really viewed? An outsider? Some run away?
"If there was one thing you could tell her, what would it be?" The reported asked.
"Like, advice?" He asked. The reporter nodded. "Don't do anything I would. And make sure you always eat your greens." The last part was a joke. She scoffed, feeling mixed feelings. Brian sat next to her as Tim continued to work.
"Wow, you must come from a loving family, huh?" He asked, draping an arm around her. She smirked.
"Yeah, well. I'm glad they're worried."
The news report continued to show missing flyers of the girl's recent photos, her home, her school, and other interviews from kids at her school. All things she would predict; they were crying, for one. People cared about her, yeah, but she was sure things would move on from here. Some of her friends spoke out. It was hard to say how she was feeling. Should she feel guilty, at all? Bad? She wasn't sure.
"You must've been important," Brian said.
"Hmm... I guess," she admitted. "But we have a problem now."
"And what would that be?" He asked.
"Now people know who I am. They know what I look like. That's why I was called out by that douche of an employee."
Tim chimed in. "We need to change some physical things about you, I guess. I mean, we could cut your hair, get you some sunglasses," he suggested.
"I'll cut it!" Brian piped in.
"No!" She yelled. "Brian, not you. You are not cutting my hair."
"And you're gonna let Timothy cut it, instead?"
"Yeah, she will-"
"-No, she won't!" She argued. "I'll do it myself." They both stared at her and shrugged; they didn't really care about it. In all honesty, Tim just wanted her to cut it so she wouldn't be identified. Brian wanted her to cut it so he would have strips of her hair to tease Tim with. As we all know, Brian concerns all us of to a certain extent sometimes.
They stared at the news report as it switched to a clip of her sisters crying. She felt a pang of sadness and guilt go over her as the youngest child's cheeks were drenched with salty tears of her lack of being there. She sighed, leaning back. They both sat next to her and stared.
The hardest part about loving is leaving. She knew that.
"Hey, guys?" Brian said. "I think it's time to dip," while focused, they started to hear faint sirens. Having an 'oh fuck' moment, they fled to the car.
She slid into the backseat as the men returned to the front. Tim, as always, in the driver's seat and Brian seated happily next to him.
"So, where are we going now?" She asked, seated in the middle.
"To another musty, run down hotel. No different from the others."
She stared out the windshield in front of her, watching rain start to hit the glass. She sighed, and nodded. To her right, she saw a post, with her face on it. It read "MISSING". She felt her heart sink as she scooted down, Brian taking notice of it after her. He stayed quiet and watched the rain drizzle and hit their new car.