revamped part 8

Tim watched the girl walk off, hands digging deep into her pockets, probably holding onto dear life for that fucking tape.

She had him fired up alright.

That incident was from the other day but Tim still hadn't let it go.

He felt a hot pressure under his face, his hands twitched and his body shook slightly. He hit the steering wheel, jerking Brian rudely out of his half asleep state.

"She's got you all worked up, huh?" Brian groaned, pissed his day dream was interrupted.

"Why the fuck does she have to be like that," Tim muttered. "We made an agreement. Does she want to go to fucking jail?"

Brian rolled his eyes, as Tim hadn't stopped talking about the incident since it had happened. "Turn her in? We're really doing that? I thought it was just to scare her." Brian shifted in his seat and yawned. "Look, what do you think she's holding onto the tape for anyways?"

"What do you mean?" Tim asked his companion.

"I don't know, think about it. She wants leverage over us. Some kind of power. She's scared of us and what we might do to her."

"But we haven't done shit to her!" Tim exclaimed, raising his hands in frustration.

"You held her body off the railing of a bridge and told her you'd let her die under there, I think you've done at least something to that bitch." Brian chuckled. Brian's response made Tim look ashamed, staring at the ground with a blank expression. "Hey, don't beat yourself up over it. That girl was hot and all Tim, but.."

"I don't want to have to hurt this fucking girl," Tim remarked to Brian. "It's not the way I was raised. She's a young girl, Brian. She's in fuckin' college. Remember when we were in college?" Tim shook his head. "She has no idea what life is going to be like for her and I-" Tim dropped what he was saying and looked for his cigarettes as he drove. Brian tossed him a lighter.

"You what?" Brian asked.

"I don't know why," Tim replied. "It sounds fucking dumb."

Brian's face contorted to confusion. "What, man? You going soft on me?" He asked. "She's a pretty girl, I know that. But think about how much harder life is going to be if we have that tape catch up with us after all this time."

"I know, I know," Tim repeated, now anxiously smoking his cigarette as he drove.

"How about this. We give ol' girl one more chance. We stop by that job she's got, yeah. We give her a few hours or a day to cough it up and if she doesn't.. We make a trip back to that bridge." Tim had a very serious look on his face that made Brian sigh. "Fine, we won't hurt her." Tim let out a sigh of relief.

"Then what do we do?" He asked. Brian shrugged, stealing the cigarette from Tim. "Hey! That's the last one!"

"Exactly why you should share, dick head," Brian replied. "Keep her in your fuckin' basement if you don't wanna kill her, shit man. I don't know."

Tim sighed in aggravation.

"I gotta get a place with a fucking basement now, on top of everything?"

She had gotten several angry voicemails from her manager, telling her that her position as a sales associate had been terminated due to leaving a shift early and setting off the back door's alarm. That didn't bother her as much as the fact that as soon as those assholes left, she saw that thing. She also realized after sitting in silence in her room that her purse was gone. She was sure that he'd stolen it.