CHAPTER 27

The grey sky illuminated so intently- if she weren't trapped in some demon world, it would almost seem blissful. Like rain on a fall day, it could be beautiful. Groups of leaves cascaded down the grey skies into the dry, broken ceiling she stared into. The leaves were a vermilion colour, a mix of many fall colours flooded her mindset. A low hum of static rang through empty hallways of her mind- she felt as if she had just fell from a skyscraper. Everything in her body hurt, her fingers glazed over harsh concretes as she stared into the sky. She didn't want to move from this spot, but a feeling of uncertainty washed over her as she realized that she was in real danger. Surreal settings of the sky made her heart jump. She began to try and move form her position- it felt like a million little needles stabbed into her back as she crawled on her knees. Looking down at her hands, they were dusted with blood and ash. A million, small unidentifiable bugs swarmed around her fingertips and she shrieked, pushing herself up. She looked down at her body, she was wearing hospital scrubs. She had no idea how long she'd been wearing those blue scrubs, or even why, she hadn't been hospitalized in years.
She had black ankle socks on with Adidas slides, besides that, she was bare. The air was crisp and cold, it made her shudder as she walked. She pushed herself to the broken ceiling, looking down at the broken building. From her position, she could see through the torn walls, only tall, intimidating multi-fall coloured trees. She was far up, farther then she anticipated. The colour seemed to be off- not exactly off, but unnatural in her dazed point of view. She made a 180 turn after feeling her mind decaying from confusion even further, and there, she saw a door. Waking out of that door, she was greeted with a stair case.
Stepping down, she realized that the steps didn't go far down. It wouldn't take her long to get down to the bottom of the case.
. . . . . or so she thought.
Minutes went by as she stayed walking, confused and angry, she ran faster, as fast as her bruise legs could really let her. Coated in sweat, she breathed heavily as a solid ten minutes went by. Why was it taking so long? What was the point in this? Who was fucking with her?
She had a pretty solid idea on who that might be, sort to speak. She sat at one of the steps, the grey skies now plagued with loud airplanes flying. She saw no planes, though.
She felt tears brim her eyes as she felt a longing for her friends. She put her hands over her face, blood on her face as the mysterious black smudges stained her cheeks.
She looked over the staircase, staring down at the trees. It's like she hadn't even moved from the top.
She got up. She'd had enough. She began to run down the steps, the sudden turn of the staircase throwing her off. No- literally, throwing her off the staircase. She began to fall at rapid paces, the wind of the fall hitting her face as her heart dropped- screaming, she shut her eyes closed, preparing for the worst.
She opened her eyes as her fall was stopped. She stared over the trees. She hit her hands over the invisible force field keeping her from falling to her death. She hit and hit, nothing happened to the unbreakable field.
She stood up, as she felt herself sinking. She began to panic further as the force field protecting her fell to plastic as she sank down under the trees. As she went thigh deep into the plastic, it snapped, and she began to fall from a ten foot drop.
She hit the ground and cried out. She'd fell on her ass. Better than her head, she presumed; the plastic on her began to shrivel up as the plastic above her did the same. Her breathing was heavy, her ass hurt, but she was shook to the core.
She shakily got up, looking around her. A dark forest with splotches of vermilion. Okay, now what? She thought as she began to walk slowly. She heard shrieks through the forest and it kicked her instincts. She began to bolt through the forest, badly bruising and scraping herself up. The tears were gone, and the only thing she worried about was getting through this hell hole and back to Tim and Brian.
She stopped to take deep breaths, wiping the sweat off of her face as it beaded down like water. She heard low, ominous moans as she stared into the direction it came from. She picked up a heavy rock, slowly moving over to the moans. If this were another person, she would help them, so they could escape together. If not, it was getting the brains beaten out of it.
Peaking over the heavy pile of wood, she saw a familiar uniform. Looking at the red clothing, she saw a "Denny's" pin on the shirt. Staring down at it, she became conflicted as she recalled the facial features of the man. The certain build of the body.
She stepped back, the rock dropping from her hands as she began to panic.
"Where are you going?" She heard him ask, his tone deep and cracked. "You left me before. You leaving again?" He asked, shifting up. He turned his face to her. Deep cuts and bruises, vomit running down his chin and he reeked of alcohol. He stood up slowly as she began to freeze up, her fists tightening.
"Do you even know what they did to me? Your friend?" He asked. "I used to be beautiful," he groaned. "Now look at me!" He yelled.
She bit her tongue, unsure of what to say. "I-I'm sorry.." She mumbled.
"Are you?" He asked. "I could have died of alcohol poisoning, easily, that would have been my own fault. But no, you, you had to come into that fucking piece of shit job I had," he hissed, tightening his cut up fists.
"That was on you! You tried to hurt me!" She yelled back, stuttering.
He let out a low chuckle, pushing his face into his hands. "But deary, what the hell does that matter anymore? You're fucked now, we're aaaalll here," he warned.
"W-what do you mean all?" She repeated.
"Oh," he said, a wicked smile on his face. "You'll find that out for yourself."