CHAPTER 3

The girl scooted back in her seat, uncomfortable about being close to either of them. Especially Hoodie. Hoodie was terrifying.

The both looked at her, waiting for the first question. Masky faced her, hands in his pockets. Hoodie was next to Masky, his hands in his lap.

"Okay. Well, first, what's up with the fucking masks?" Masky looked to Hoodie and laughed, followed by laughter from the other man.

She narrowed her eyes. "What the fuck?" She asked.

Masky calmed down as he faced her again, clearing his raspy voice and fixing his mask.

"Well. Its because we're just protecting our identities."

"Yeah, babe. We're not disfigured. Well, not me, at least. I can't say the same foe this ugly fuck," he said, jabbing Masky in the shoulder. Masky flipped him off, scoffing.

The girl doubted him, but decided not to protest against it.

"Anyways. Earlier, you complained about not killing me. Have you killed other people? And why? And you are on the run from someone, right?"

"Jeez, easy on the questions," Hoodie argued. "And yeah. But only because we had to."

"They knew too much. We've killed more than we're proud of." Masky added.

Hoodie got up from his seat, looking out the blinds. The girl shifted in her seat.

"So, who are you being followed by?" She asked. Masky looked over to Hoodie and back to her.

"The man responsible for that missing kid you care so much about." Masky said, crossing his leg. Her heart raced.

"W-who is he?" She asked.

"Some... Some asshole," Hoodie muttered.

"Is he that dangerous?" She asked. "The government's gotta know something about him if he swipes people up that fast,"

"We wish we knew who he was, too," Masky replied. "But we don't have a clue. Sometimes, we doubt he's even human."

"The thing can't be human. That's the thing. And that's why we can't go to the cops. They'll think we're crazy." Hoodie piped in, still staring out the blinds.

"Yeah, that makes sense, but.." The girl paused. "How do you.."

"Know he's real?" Masky asked, followed by the girl nodding. "Other people have seen him. We're not the only ones."

"Why didn't you kill me?" She asked. The men both paused, looking at each other.

"You're of value. But if you lose that value, we'll kill you." Masky stated without emotion.

Hoodie scoffed. "Look, I won't kill you. I'm a gentleman,"

"you're misogynistic, Hoodie."

"Shut up, asshole,"

The girl cut in. "So.. How does this work. Some.. Fucking guy, starts. What."

"First they follow it's victim," Masky stated. "Then it makes itself known. It torments the person endlessly."

"Until one day, you end up dead, or even worse. With that sick fuck."

The girl's stomach turned. "So there's no way to bring them back?"

Masky shook his head. "Not that we know of," the girl sighed.

"So what are you gonna do next?" She asked, fighting tears.

"The question us, what are you gonna do next. You're apart of this sick game of cat and mouse, now, kid," Hoodie said, removing his hands from the blinds.

"He follows you. You are no longer safe. But, we're willing to make arrangements."

"Arrangements?" She asked numbly. "What about my family?"

"If its not too late, they'll be fine. But you need to leave if you want to protect them," Masky said.

Hoodie continued. "But hey. Don't be too sad about it, girlie, you get to hang out with us," he said, sitting onto the table next to her.

"On a few conditions." Masky added.

"What conditions?" She asked.

"You can't just be dead weight. You can't be useless to us. You need to do something to help."

"Stealing, lying. Cleaning. Cooking. Killing." Hoodie added. "All the stuff we do."

"But for you, it'll be different. You don't have to hide yourself. And if you team with us, we'll do everything to keep you safe. If you work with us and promise the sane protection."

The girl thought back to her family, her little sisters, her older brother. Her father. Her mother. Her heart clenched in sadness.

"Fine. For my family." She nodded as Hoodie clapped his hands.

"Great! Oh boy," he said, running them together.

"Come on. I'll walk you home. Get your stuff together. Say goodbye to your family, all that. Hoodie, go get my cigarettes from the bathroom. We'll be outside."

The both walked outside, but (Y/N) already had tears streaming down her face. Ger (e/c) eyes glistened from the tears. She expected him to laugh at her. To stare at her.

She felt a hand on her shoulder as she looked back up to the masked man. He pulled her into a hug, but since he was taller than her, her face went into his chest.

"It'll be really hard at first," he said. "And you'll hate Hoodie's insensitivity. You'll hate my emotionless self. But its for you. Its for your safety. We're not that bad. And if Hoodie bothers you too much, I'll be there to help you. He's a pain in the ass, but he's been my friend for a long time."

The girl chocked on her sobs, and Masky held her tighter. She wrapper her arms around him, much to his surprise.

"Aw, Masky, how touching! I never knew you felt that way about me!" Hoodie fell into the hug, bringing the two both into his arms. "AWW C'MERE FAM, YOU KNOW YA LOVE ME!" Hoodie yelled, holding them both tightly.

The girl chuckled, as Masky continued to yell at him about how he should respect their privacy and how (Y/n) wasn't all that happy at the moment.

"Oh, (Y/n) loves us, don't you, (Y/n)," Hoodie chanted, pinching her cheek as he hugged her tightly. She flipping him off with a free hand, and he gasped, earning the laughter from the two.

Masky pushed the man off of him as she girl wiped the tears from her face.

Could she get used to this? Who knows. All she knows is that she's doing this for her family's sake and her own. Did she trust them? She couldn't say for sure.

But she sure as hell was nervous.

K THANKS FOR READING THIS SHITTY CHAPTER CRITICISM IS WELCOMED THANKS BYE