revamped part 16

There was nothing better than a home cooked meal. Good thing nobody asked his goddamn opinion, because he was eating cold gas station food. Again.

"I thought selling drugs would get me something above cold breakfast sandwiches," the brown haired man remarked, taking rubbery bites and regretting each swallow. "We're not eating above our paygrade here, man."

"Well aren't you picky?" His 'companion' replied, if he could even call him that. He was stocky, had thick arms but wasn't too tall. Blond, short cut hair and brown eyes. He had bruises on his knuckles. Oh, and he snorted drugs. How sweet. "If I'd known you were gonna bitch this much I would've kept you as a bouncer."

"Well, then.." He tossed his plastic like food into an overflowing trash can by the corner store they stood at. "Aren't I lucky?"

Brian liked to cook. He used to bake bread in his teenage years, experimenting with doughs, yeast, different shapes and sizes and different tastes. He was good at it. Hours of kneading flour and water into soft tasting pillows of bread, he worked at it almost everyday. It's been years since he's made a loaf of bread, touched the smoothness of flour, hell, even turned on an oven.

The two men walked down the city streets, pockets full of cash and drugs. All Brian needed was a little money and a little time. More importantly, he needed to find his best friend.

The static in his head calmed down though.

It had been over a year since he'd seen (Y/N) or Tim, and sure, he wasn't being gang stalked by some no face eldritch anti-god or whatever, but hustling drugs wasn't too good of a game either. Not to mention he had spent half his time in abandoned houses, motels or trap houses. It wasn't necessarily the good life.

"Hey gentlemen," a young but broken looking woman slyly cooed behind Brian. "Looking for a good time?" She wore basic rags. Her body was thin and frail, her teeth looked smashed in, her eyes tired, but Brian could tell she was young.

Brian said nothing. His friend usually did the talking.

"Not with you, Candy. Don't make me fuckin' puke. But I know what'll make you feel better." The blond hair man remarked with a grin. She scowled at him, looking more sad than angry. "No manners, William," She taunted. 'William' rolled his eyes. Business is business. Brian felt for her. He saw her often, and she usually bought dime bags from the two. Addicted to the stuff they sold her, she stayed out on the street, 'accompanying' the lonely men around the neighborhood. Brian was never mean to Candy. He asked her how old she was once. Same exact age as (Y/N).

Behind another sketchy store, Candy rushed crumpled, stained bills into Will's hands and Brian opened his jacket and slid her a small baggie. "Alright, let's go," Will rushed.

"Wait," Candy replied. "Do you guys have any cigarettes? Or anything to eat?" Will ignored her and continued to walk, expecting his partner to follow behind. Brian ruffled through his jacket, finding a box of cigarettes. "Gotta start taking care of yourself a little more, Candy." He handed her the half emptied box and she gladly took it.

"I know," she mumbled. "Thank you. You're the only person who's nice to me, Hoodie." 

Hey yall VERY short chapter cause I know yall thirsty asf after i ghosted you... Fear not mommy is home ok? And I lost track of what I wanted to do with this but finally came back full circle so ok ! New chap coming soon