revamped chapter 13

All she could picture together was a blurred, intense anger.

She'd found Masky roaming around the streets like a drug addict experiencing withdrawal, slumming it up in every run down motel he could sink his teeth into. That's where she found him this time. One road off of 83, in the midst of a shitty shopping complex, littered by cafes and convenience stores. She knew he'd probably figured he was the one who found her- but it was quite the opposite. She'd been waiting for the day to finally approach him again, in the midst of his unmedicated terror. She knew it wasn't the most ethical of kidnappings however she did have a vendetta against him and his partner.

She thought of Brian and it only served to sicken her. The way she felt about him, they way she felt about even Tim.. it was all childish. The search for Sam had nothing to do with them. They served no purpose to her cause. 

It had been months since she'd really talked to either of them. Nothing made sense to her, either.

She attempted to recreate a timeline of events.

Essentially, they kidnapped her.

She was being stalked by the two men because she had their tape. That evil, twisted fucking tape.

There was a house fire somewhere along the lines, her mother was very unwell.

They visited her.

That was around the time things stopped making sense. Sooner or later she realized she was chain smoking in motels and couldn't understand why. And then she got a phone call from an unknown number. (She had no contacts in her phone, she couldn't explain that one, either.)

"I thought something was getting into the house... in your room, specifically. Thought it was just an animal runnin' around in there.. Thought it would be funny if I caught it and showed ya'.. All the forest animals around always findin' their way in but.. No, not this.." Her grandfather exclaimed in paranoia. His voice was laced slick in uncertainty and fear he was too prideful to let shine. He wasn't a mad man, these incidents weren't just fits of delusion. "I set up that old camcorder you had. The grey one? I don't know why.. You just.. You need to come see this. Have you made friends with the wrong people, (Y/N)? Is someone trying to hurt you?"

That was the same clip she played for Masky as he sat stupidly tied up to her bed. His brown eyes didn't distort to any particular confusion. They weren't filled with guilt, either.

"How did you knock me out?" Masky asked in confusion. If he had a free hand, he'd be holding his head because the blistering migraine was still rummaging around like trapped rats.

"One teaspoon of acetone to every cup of bleach creates chloroform. That's how." She stated bluntly.. "My question is, I've been watching you for a little while and I haven't seen our friend Hoodie." She placed her hands down on the nightstand next to him, brandishing her knife.

"Where is he?"
"If I knew where he was, I'd be with him."
"Why don't you know where he is?"
"You know more than me."
"Clearly, I don't," She huffed in frustration.
"Well I'm the one tied to a bed seeing my friend without a face everywhere. His voice is still there. But he's not here, it's just me. And I don't even know who you really are." She stared at him as he rambled. "I thought I did. I thought I might've loved you. But you don't really know me either, do you? I don't know where any of us are going, you don't either, if you're really here? Maybe my only friend finally made it out. Maybe his soul is just following me around until I'm gone, too."
"I don't care about whatever is fuckin' chasing you, Masky."
"Not just me! All of us! Him! Maybe it finally stops. Maybe it finally stopped for Sam-" The girl grabbed his face, dropping her knife-
"You two told me you could fucking help me find him! You lied!"
"Maybe for Brian- Maybe it gets easier when the lights turn off-"
"What the fuck do you know about the kid? What have you done?!"
"Maybe all the noises and the flashes and voices stop colliding-"
"How do you remember his name?! I was the only fucking person who remembered! Stop playing these fucking games-"
"Maybe once we're gone it's not just me and that thing, maybe its something else, maybe we're all there-"
"Stop fucking rambling! You two promised! You promised you'd help get him back-" Tears streamed down her face now. The guilt of all the months wasted when she could have been searching for him.
"And what I do isn't really me, do you understand?" Hot tears filled his cheeks and his voice caught the hook of his own shattering breath. "I would do anything for you-"
"What do you know about Sam?!"
"I was just a kid too- And I don't know how I know this- Sometimes I just know things when I'm not supposed to-" His words were stumbling over his uncontrollable breathing and she let go of his face as he cried. "Maybe when the lights are finally off-"
"Tim, breathe, just breathe,"
"Maybe when the world ends- Maybe then- Maybe he'll finally stop whatever this is-" He was sobbing like a child, one who'd had everything taken away. In the far corner of his vision he saw his friend, orange hood up, faceless, still muttering. "Make it stop," He pleaded.

She held him tight as he cried.
He needed his medicine. They needed Brian.