CHAPTER 33

The scene was chilling to watch. Jordan still gripped his gun with white knuckles, his hands shaking slightly as sweat dripped down his face.
"W-what the fuck.." He mumbled, eyes widened. "No one- they've never-"
Her gun had fallen to the ground as she couldn't register what was going on. Those kids. Those two particular kids.
"W-who are you?!" He yelled, trying to regain his masculinity.
"Who, me?" The small, dark skinned girl asked. "I'm Adisa." Without taking multiple steps, they seemed to travel at impossible speeds by taking a minimum of a few steps. After what felt like seconds, the children practically surrounded them. "Adisa" picked up the gun with her hand, and held it out for (Y/N).
She shakily took it back, tucking it into her waistband as she looked the children up and down. The frail black girl tilted her head and nodded.
"You're new, I see," she smiled. "That sucks."
"More and more people come here everyday," Jordan said. "How could you tell?"
"How could we not?" The brown boy intervened.
"You guys seem.. sophisticated, for a bunch of toddlers.." Jordan muttered.
"Yes; we know more than a sad, withering 40-something-year-old-man with a stench problem." Adisa stated simplistically as (Y/N) held out a laugh. Jordan's face contorted in confusion and hurt as she began to speak again.
"We heard you knew of some of us," the boy spoke, directing it to (Y/N). "That you were on the search for some particular children."
"Y-yes," she cleared, nodding her head. "Sam.. Sam Duncan." Adisa looked over to the boy and then the small, bony blond boy followed up. He stared at her with a lack of emotion, dark bags under his eyes as they pierced into her soul.
"H-Hi," she mumbled. A parade of emotions filled her as she nodded to him. "I-I'm well acquainted with your brother, Will. Y-Your mother had a-asked me if I-I would be apart of your.. uh... missing c-case investigation." She cleared her throat. "Never would have thought I'd find you here."
"No one ever would," he responded quickly. "Too bad there's no going back."
She gave a bittersweet smile, nodding. "Yeah.."

"There are certain time frames we can break, in order to gain accessibility into the next world," Ahady stated, laying out a large sheet of white paper. She dug into her Olive Green Gucci bag. CJ stared at her.
"Damn, grandma," he commented, looking at the solid gold rimming and the Gucci sign.
"Better than what you can afford?" Ahady questioned. Daya snorted as CJ blushed, covering his face.

She put down black, unlit candles, a pack of matches, charcoal and a large, withered, old fashioned looking, brown book.
"We're going to need a specific sacrificial blood sample," she stated, looking around wearily. "Only by whom that have visited, or have a deep connection to this.. man. So, who will it be, you or me, Tim?" She asked.
His face darkened as he stepped up. "How much would you need, exactly?" He asked.
"Only enough to fill a small container," she said, pulling out a small, plastic jar. "Unless... you're too pussy." He glared at her, and snatched it from her hand. He shuttered at the thought of actually having to do this, but.. He supposed worse could happen.

"Umm, is this black magic?" Moman asked. "I-I'm a Christian, so I'm a little worried.."
"You're gay, too, sweetie. What's the worst that could happen, really." Ahady shot back, unbothered by his concerns.

"Rasheed, I need a long mirror and red string," Rasheed nodded as he went to retrieve those things.

The set up was simple. A pillow went on the ground in front of the large mirror. A red string was strung around the mirror, taped by oddly specific purple duck tape. The paper went under the pillow and mirror. Outlined in the charcoal, you would draw a large circle, with an X in the middle. You place the black candle at each side of the mirror, beside the pillow, and a line of salt before the mirror, separating the pillow and mirror. Ahady refused to let anyone read further into the book, beside the page she gave to him. The book lay on its back, opened to the page 456. The jar of blood went directly in front of the mirror, as a trade into the world.

Tim's arm was tightly wrapped up, the bandage coloured red from his blood. His hand shook, as he tightly sealed his blood up. He washed his hands, making his way down into the living room.

"We don't start until the clock hits 3:34 AM. So, if you want, take a nap for now.. It's going to be a long night." Ahady stated simply, taking the blood sample from him. She pulled out another canister of blood, looking up at him. "Just to be safe." He then noticed under her pulled up sleeves the tightly wrapped bandage with a loiter of scars on her arm. Consciously, she rolled down her sleeves.

"Sam.. I have to ask you. How did you end up here?" He looked up at her, tilting his head in concentration, he shrugged.
"I don't know what happened. I was walking home from school and then.. bam. Not sure what happened, just, woke up here."
This Sam kid seemed to not care at all about the situation he was in, yet, his mother did say he was on the spectrum. Wouldn't he be more scared? Worried?
"So.. How do you guys survive?" She asked. Adisa started to giggle at her reasonable comment and sighed.
"We're dead," she answered. "Most of us, anyways. The Operator loves children. He just has His moments..." She assumed her referral of "moments" was to the gutless Matteo.
"So- you.. talk to him?" She asked. Adisa nodded.
"He is our Savior." She stated, matter of fact tone. "He's changed a lot. But our undying devotion to Him remains unaltered."
"Savior-?" Jordan repeated.
"I was brought to America in a slave ship," she told him. "I was saved by a Man with a suit and no face. He tells me I deserve much more, and He takes me under His wing, along with the other children."
"So.. you're a.. well- were a-"
"A slave." She interrupted, cutting to the point. "Yes."
(Y/N) Pulled out the Polaroid picture and held it up. "Were these from you?" Adisa nodded, and smiled.
"I understand for you, it will be difficult. The rest and I have been spoiled in the sweetness He has to offer. I'm telling you- He's not a monster. He's simply become a different being then He was before."
"Adisa, listen kid, all he's done is try to kill us! How can we just accept being here?" Jordan asked.
"There's an opening coming up, from predictions. A day out there is two weeks for us. In reality, you have only been gone a few days. But who's keeping track at this point, right? We're lost in practical oblivion in these woods." Adisa leaned in close. "But it's coming. And it's coming.. for you. Take the chance when you can. Bring what you must. This is your only chance to escape."
She gulped, nodding at the very short little girl in front of her, eyes aged with wisdom.
"S-sam!" She called, before they all left. The blond boy turned, looking in her direction. "I-It's a lot to ask.. but.. if you're willing, we can take you back." He stood for a moment, staring into nothing before answering. "No, I don't think I will." She was in shock from his answer. Jordan looked back and forth between the two. "Hey kid, are you- you sure?" He asked.
"Why would I want to leave?" Sam asked. "I'm happy here."
"You dont understand! Will has been looking for you for months, he's worried sick! Your mother is the only reason I got into this- The whole point was to find you!" His face didn't change. "You don't understand. Will cares? Will doesn't even know me." (Y/N) started to shake as Jordan put a hand on her shoulder. "It would seem useless anyway.. considering I'm dead."
The sea of children faded away in a melancholic fashion.
"Ankle biters, am I right?"