CHAPTER 18

The vibrations started in her feet, quickly rushing to her head as it shook her body. She felt a headache quickly build up as a tightening in her head became to occur. Her head felt like it was splitting from the static going through her head.

Her vision was blurry. She looked around lazily, the feeling over throwing up shaking her. There were grey, cracked walls. The ground was cold. She felt exposed, cold, but she was sweating all over. She couldn't move. She couldn't speak. She was terrified, to say the least. What the hell was going on? She couldn't form comprehensible speech, her thoughts were messy and incoherent, the control was out of her hands.

Her hands by the way, were covered in dirt. What was happening?

She laid there for several minutes unable to move, speak, or try to figure out what was happening. After laying numb on the ground, a loud shrieking of static overran her as her heart skipped several beats.

It was like an old, 90's computer had just had a cat thrown at it, water poured on it, and it was connected to speakers at some overrated rapper's concert. What I'm trying to get at is, shit was loud, and annoying.

She felt herself trying to scream, ask for help, but the dryness in the back of her throat choked her. Dry coughs and gasps of air came over her. A new kind of fear came over her.

She wasn't the type of person to be afraid. She was usually very brave- wise- but she felt like a wet puppy pushed into a corner by a group of sadistic kids with weapons. With every second she felt the static grow louder into her ears. She felt her brain cells sizzle and blood- or something- drip from her ears. Glancing up, she saw it. Operator.

Her eyes widened as the same dryness came up from her throat like that last time. She tried to scream. Scream for anyone. Scream for Brian, or Tim, or Moman. She couldn't.

She felt something wrap around her neck tightly. Like something cold and wet- yet somehow distorted- like it wasn't fully there snake around her neck. She she indecipherable whispers as she felt her lungs catch on fire from the lack of oxygen. She shut her eyes, feeling hot tears drip down her face.

But she could still see it.

She could still see it choking her no matter how hard she shut her eyes in fear.

"Am I going to die?" Was the only thing she could think of. She remembered Sam Duncan, the child she was supposed to save. She remembered Moman's little brother who had been killed. She thought of how confused and terrified Tim and Brian would be- if they were even alive! Fuck, what happened to them!? Were they okay? Where the fuck was she??

It was faceless. It was like staring into an empty computer screen.

"FOLLOW ME" is all she heard. But it wasn't a voice, exactly; it was more of an electronic voice.

Like a computer program. Have you ever looked up something on google translate and used clicked the example button, and you heard the English part? It was like that. But it was hard to tell whether it was a man's or not- kind of like a mixture of both. Distorted.

It repeated itself. Over, and over, and over again. And it kept going. For hours. And hours.

She felt like her throat was bleeding by the last ten minutes she was stuck- where ever. Her voice cracked as she felt something else but blood or vomit come up. Words.

"STOP! LEAVE ME ALONE!"

She opened her eyes to find that she was in a bed, Brian and Tim staring over her confused and worried.

"Uhh, sorry, just wanted to see if you were okay.." Brian pulled his hand away as she stared at them out of breath. She felt tears roll down her cheeks a she could feel herself breathing again, her heart race slowing down back to it's original pace. She sat up, her back killing her. She groaned, rubbing her eyes.

Tim sat at the edge of the bed with her, confused.

"H-hey, kid, we're sorry, we just wanted to-" She cut him off with a loud cry as she pulled her knees to her chest. Tim and Brian looked to each other in confusion. Brian scooted closer to her, and wrapped an arm around her. Tim just rubbed his hand on her arm.

relieved, still terrified, she pushed her face into Brian's neck and let out loud cries. Brian looked at her in confusion and then glanced to Tim. Tim sighed, shrugging.

"Hey, kid, what happened?" Tim asked.

She shook her head.

"I just," she gasped, wiping her tears while still against Brian. "I saw him. It. Whatever the fuck- I was- Fuck, it was so bad," She said, staring down. The tension in the room raised as Tim's heart began to race.

"What?" He asked. He glanced at Brian who nodded. "Get up. It's not safe here. It knows." She stared up at him, shaking. "Get up!" He yelled.

Brian stood her up, picking her up then getting her shoes. "I can walk-"

"You're in pieces, alright? Just stop talking for now." Brian grabbed a duffel bag full of what she assumed was for their next job as he grabbed his hoodie from off the ground. Tim threw on his shoes lazily and quickly put on his jacket.

The next few minutes were a blur. She felt incredibly sick, and when she felt the car moving, it didn't help. How the hell did they get in the car?

"Meh," she groaned. "How did we get in the car so fast?" Her head was on Brian's lap as he stared down at her in disbelief.

"Wh-what?" He asked. Her eyes were lazy, as Brian's once childish and funny demeanor completely switched. "(Y/N), we've been in the car for an hour now."

"W-we were just in the room," she stuttered. "The. Thing," she sounded drunk.

He felt his heart break a little. "Just calm down, okay?" She nodded. "Go back to sleep." She was quickly back to sleep as he felt his heart drop.

"It's happening to her," Brian said. "I knew it was going to happen but.."

"I know. You don't need to explain it to me. I know." Tim replied sharply, but Brian could easily make out the hurt in his voice.

"She held out for so long."

"...I know, Brian. I know."

This was the reality they were faced with.