CHAPTER 34

The tired man sat on his knees, staring deeply into the mirror as he relaxed his shoulders- or at least tried to. He'd never been conscious when doing these kinds of things, and understandingly, he was more than nervous to do so. The brown, leather book sat on it's spine in front of him, the foreign language seeming almost to difficult to push through his English teeth. The candles lit both sides of the mirror, only thing staring back at him was his reflection. He was ready.
He gave a deep sigh, and began to read the omen in front of him.

His hands shook slightly due to the unnatural tension in the room, the words flowing out of his mouth becoming more and more difficult to read, being incomprehendible to his English tongue.
The Native woman had stopped to come in and scream at him, and to his dismay, caused him to have to restart the process several times.

After scolding him, his eyes stared into the mirror as the room went silent. After reading the omen, he felt... well, stupid. What if this whole thing really was some dumb setup? What if that woman was just crazy, and there was no way to get her back?

He cursed under his breath, in hopelessness he stood from his spot, dusting off the bullshit. He turned away, headed from the door, feeling himself build up strange emotions. That's when he heard a cracking of glass.

Quickly, he turned around and met eyes with a dimly lit mirror, cracks beginning to spread across the glass as his eyes lit up in terror. He saw himself, but his surrounding were beginning to crumble like ash. He tried to open the door but it was extremely cold, but when he pulled his hand away, he had a large burn engraved into his palm.

He turned to the cracking mirror, the shards falling to pieces around it, a phantom black swallowed him as his legs did the work to push through the rest of the glass. With that, he began to climb into the complete darkness- with one leg in, it felt like he was being ripped in half, but he digressed- something long and black pulled his head in.

(Y/N) gave a tired sigh as she listened to the mad man rant to the mute boy. One day on the outside world felt like months in there, so, his rants began to bore her, no matter the unpredictibility.

"But, but, but! That's the problem with hollywood! The industry is so corrupt, snatching up children like cocaine goodiebags at their unsolicidated parties! How dare they?! It's madness, madness, madness, madness-" his rant came to an abrupt pause as he looked around.
"Do you feel that?" He looked up, his dark eyes glinting with light. Jordan struck her hand. "It's about fucking time."
"Is it really happening?" She asked.
"Don't you feel it?" Jordan asked, grabbing her band. "Let's run, before he feels it, too."

Jordan practically lunged into a dark part of the forest, and she did as best as she could to keep up with him.
She heard faint whispering of the man as she looked ahead of herself, at his lips. His eyes were crazed as he seemed almost relieved. Only God knows what he'd gone through all these years.

In the center of the lot of grass surrounded by tall, dark trees, was blinding rectangular light. Out of it oozed an array of colours, and when it hit the grass, it began to steam, almost as if it was laced in bitter chemicals that killed everything it touched. When she look harder, trying to ignore the flourescent colours, she recognized the awfully pale looking man. Her heart began to beat again, colour filling her face s she ran faster than her legs could carry her.

When he looked up at her, he felt everything start to come back to him. His senses let up. Like, almost if she were an allergy pill that let him breathe again, or something- just without the side effects.
He saw two other people- one of the children on the news constantly, and a man that looked nearly identicle to him.

"D-dad?" He mumbled. Tim had his hand latched tightly onto the now burning light, as they all ran closer and closer to him. He held out a hand for her to grab as the two other boys ran to the safety of the light.