CHAPTER 9

She woke up in a cold sweat. Automatically attempting to sit up in the motel room's bed, she found that a man's arm lay across her stomach. She turned her attention to Brian, practically on top of her. Narrowing her eyes in annoyance, she pushed him off. He fell off the bed with a thud, and she scooted away from the man on the other side of her, Tim. He laid on his stomach, face pushed deeply into the pillow with two arms over his head, as if he were hiding from something. She sighed, rubbing her face. She expected Brian to raise from the ground and chew her out, possibly hit her. She figured he wasn't a morning person, especially when he wakes up on the ground, face planting into a dirty old carpet.
Tiredly, she looked around the room; it was still dark out. The sun was barely risen, as she looked over to the alarm clock, she read the time 4:38 AM. Staring blankly, she crawled back into the comfort of the old blankets, and fell back asleep. She felt something press against the bed, and then felt a pillow continuously slam into her backside.
"MOVE OVER (Y/N)," an angry Brian spat. She groaned, too tired to fight back. She scooted closer to Tim, back to Brian. He climbed back into bed, cursing to himself. She sighed, knowing she was right; he was definitely not a morning person.
She began to feel him push into her back. Eyes shooting back open, she looked over her shoulder, to see Brian stretching out, making himself comfortable. She glared, and shoved his hand away. He shot his eyes open, now glaring back at her. He shot his hand back at her, and she slapped it. Her hand stung, but she could tell she won this round as he rolled his tired eyes and moved his hand to his side.
  Brian then shot up from his spot on the bed and jumped across her, glaring at the clock. His legs laid on her stomach as she groaned, but Tim was faster to respond.
"What time is it?" He asked, completely ignorant by the fact he was being laid on.
"4:44," he responded. "AM,"
Tim groaned, pushing the man off of him. "Figured," he stated sarcastically. "Let's get ready to leave."
The girl intervened. "W-wait, it's so early! What's the rush?" She asked.
"We have a certain job. And you're a big part of it this time," Tim answered. "Either way, we're not leaving you." She yawned, stretching her arms out. She groggily rubbed her eyes again, beginning to wake up.
"What's the job?" She asked.
"Well," Tim started, staring at her. "We're going to a party."
"YES!" Brian yelled. "I love parties, man," Brian said, laying down again. "Last time, I got so waisted I woke up with a top hat, in some guy's pool with a full front view of..." He trailed off, stopping himself. "Well- never mind, just know I haven't been to one since."
They both stared at him in confusion, but were far too tired to question the man. "Anyways," she went on. "What for? A party is the last thing I expected us to be going to."
"Well, you'd be surprised, actually," Tim said. "We do odd jobs to get by, remember? This is sort of one of them," he said.
"Yeah, but, what for?" She asked again. He gave her a tired expression, then sighed.
"Later. Get dressed." She groaned loudly as he left the room, falling back on the bed.
"I'm so tired, Brian," she exclaimed, stretching her arms out across the bed. "Do you think 5 more minutes would hurt?"
"Yup. Because if so, I'd fall asleep, to, and then Timmy would get angry and pissy. Always on his man period, ya know?" He asked. She nodded, closing her eyes. Sighing, she rolled off, and began to get ready.

She sat in the bathroom by herself, her clothes neatly placed onto the sink as she brushed her teeth while sitting down on the toilet. She closed her eyes as she brushed, her sleep schedule being completely off, so was she. She got up and rinsed her mouth, then washed her face with cold water. She resisted the urge of putting on the hot water, as she would get too attached and waist time. Fishing out her clothes, she realised she forgot new underwear. She sighed, then walked out of the doorless bathroom, to see a shirtless Timothy and a pant-less Brian. They stared at her, but she rolled her eyes, walking over to her bag and pulling out her needed items. They stood still in their tracks, but she didn't care; they were just normal, human bodies. It's what they've done with those bodies, is what scares her.
But, she lacked the ability to really give a fuck in the mornings. Bodies were bodies, no need to be immature about them.
She walked back into the bathroom, and slipping into black jeans, a black sweater, and over it an army green sweatshirt. Over it, she put on her leather jacket. She took little effort to brush her hair, and put on mascara. But besides that, she didn't really give a fuck about how she looked. All she needed to look was normal.
She walked back into the bedroom, searching for her boots. Brian was already putting on his first shoe, and Tim stood by the door, arms crossed. When she got them, she sat next to Brian and began to lace them up.
"So, for the party," she said, double knotting her boots. "Are you guys bringing your masks?" She asked.
"Yeah," Brian responded. "We wear them on jobs, but not really in public. If we wore them in public, it would fuck things up."
"Pretty much," Tim replied. "But we always carry them around." He opened his tan jacket, revealing the white mask tucked neatly into a deep inner pocket.
She nodded. "Cool. So, if we're going to a party, why'd we have to get up so early?" She asked.
"Because, we need to adjust your sleeping schedule. 4 hours should be good enough for one sleeping session. If you get two sleeping sessions a day, then you should be fine," Tim responded. "I think."
She stared at him emptily. "You think." He nodded, and she rolled her eyes.
"Wow, I need a coffee..."