Chapter 1

Outside, the day was splendid. Puffy, white clouds were dotted across the bright blue sky. It seemed like a perfect day to go and read. At this point, it was practically calling out to you. So you obeyed. Standing up from your desk, you grabbed your backpack hanging on a hook and your favorite book. Quickly, you stuffed the book in your bag and headed downstairs. You were met with your mom who was making some snacks for the guests that were to come in the afternoon.

"Hi mom! Heading out." You said and grabbed two bags of chips to stuff in your bag. They were some snacks for later.

Her eyes flickered to the clock and eyed you. "Alright, you better be here in two hours or else."

You shivered a bit. That threat was not empty. "Okay, bye!" Without another word, you headed out the back door.

The gentle breeze greeted you as you walked down the pathway to your favorite reading spot. Once you spotted your favorite tree, you smiled and hurried along to sit at the base. It was a great break as you're entering the adult world soon with your university graduation coming up in the next week. You took off your bag and took out the book you were reading.

The title faintly shone in the sunlight. It said, "Alice in Wonderland." It was your favorite book, the bindings were starting to become worn off. A gift from your dad who was currently traveling the world, collecting artifacts to bring back home. Who knows what else kind of gift he would bring back?

You leaned back and opened the book to where you left off. You drank in the words as the sun overhead continued to move.

You were startled out of reading when your phone beeped, signaling that 30 minutes passed by already. You softly closed the book and stared up at the sky. Maybe your dad was doing more business as he traded antiques and brought back the most unique stuff you've seen. You closed your eyes, picturing times when he had brought home artifacts and the first thing he did was to show you.

With the gentle breeze and warm sunlight, you felt like a cat. Maybe this is why animals like sleeping in warm places. Suddenly, your breath got slower as you fell into a light sleep.

You felt something furry and heard a sniffing sound that was stirring you awake. You opened your eyes and your jaw dropped.

Ok, maybe it was pretty normal to see a rabbit on your lap sniffing your hands. The black rabbit was sniffing around and went closer to your bag. Though that wasn't the thing that made you stare in amazement. A rabbit with some jester type of clothing? Was it someone's pet that had gotten out?

"What?" You mumbled. You had to be dreaming.

The rabbit's ears perked up and turned to face you. There were glasses on his face. Its nose was twitching.

'What... Glasses on a rabbit?' You thought, becoming increasingly worried. You must be dreaming...

There was a sudden loud ticking that made you jump. The rabbit then reached a paw to its side and pulled out a pocket watch and flipped it open. "Oh no! I'm late!" A manly voice came from the rabbit. "I must hurry!" Then he bounded off.

"What the fuck? Am I dreaming?" You pinched yourself. Sadly, you felt the pain and then realized your favorite book was gone. "Did the rabbit take it? Hey!" You got up, almost stumbling, and ran after the animal. Honestly, you had no idea what you were doing either. Why on earth would a rabbit steal your book?

You continued to run after the black rabbit, but it was fast and sharply took a corner. Your reflexes were a bit slow and you stumbled, crashing into a bush. You winced in pain, but got up and dusted yourself off. Still, you followed and turned the corner and what you saw made you stop.

There was a huge tree and at the base of the tree was a large gaping hole. You never really come around this area so you're a bit unfamiliar here. Maybe he went there? You slowly approached the tree. Staring back at you was darkness.

"Hello?" You called out. Nothing responded back. 'Like something would respond back,' you thought to yourself. Now you are frustrated. You lost your book and you felt really guilty about it. How can you explain that you lost your favorite book? It was an old copy but that's what made it unique! "Ugh." You turned back to go home when there was something around your waist. You looked down to see a tree branch around you.

Sadly, the tree needed you to get into their world and it wasn't going to allow you to walk away!

Before you could say a word, the branch picked you up. You flailed around and suddenly the branch tossed you in the hole. It was a bottomless pit and what did you do? Why of course, you screamed, fearing death.

"I'm going to die!" You yelled out as you hit a soft item.

Panting from a near death experience, you sat up and looked at your surroundings. It was crazy and made you terribly confused. All around in the darkness were doors. All the doors were different from each other. Different colors and sizes.

You glanced down to see you landed on a mattress. And that your clothes changed. Instead of the clothes from earlier, it was a blue dress with white markings all over it. Oh gosh. Am I wearing shorts under here or something? You snuck a peek and thank the heavens that you were black shorts underneath. You plan on not flashing anyone. You started to clutch at your poor heart, calming down when you got stopped by something tied around your neck. Am I wearing a bow?

In the dark room, you've just noticed a single light on a small table with 3 items on it. After taking a minute of taking everything in, your eyes widened and you felt like you were going to faint.

"Oh shit. Is this like Wonderland?"