Chapter 6

Apparently, you fell asleep last night. So when you woke up to the sun hitting right in your face, you thought you were back at home. Once you opened your eyes, you were terribly wrong. You were met with the fancy room of the Red Kingdom.

"Damn it." You whispered to yourself. You slowly got up and yawned. Hopefully someone was awake in this castle and then you could finally get to the damn White King's castle. You stood up from the bed, patting down your outfit.

There weren't any clothes around and so you just slept in your previous attire. It wasn't important at this moment to even change. You walked out of the room and looked around the extravagant place. Red was definitely the main color around here. A dark red runner in the middle of the floor, specks of red in the marble looking walls, vases of red flowers on table and red chandeliers.

You blinked as you tried to remember to at least get to the entrance. Taking a right, you walked down the hallway and somehow made it to the grand dining hall. "This is not where I wanted to go..." You mumbled to yourself as the door from where you came from opened.

You turned around to see Hoseok. He smiled at you cheerfully. "Good morning! Did you sleep well, Y/N?" He walked over towards you.

"Uh, yeah." You replied back.

"Amazing!" He grabbed a hold of your hand. "Come now, let's eat breakfast!" He ushered you to a chair and sat you down. Hoseok then took the seat on your left. "I called everyone down here already, so they should be here any second."

"Ok... So when can I leave for the White King's castle?"

Hoseok shrugged. "I guess after breakfast. We all want to go with you." He smiled.

"Are you sure? Cause if you just tell me the way, I'll get going-" You hastily replied back.

"No, no!" Hoseok waved his hands in a calming manner. "We all want to see our neighbor. Besides, with Wonderland acting like this, it wouldn't be safe. Namjoon thought it might be a good idea for us to go with you."

Before you could say anything else, the three missing people arrived. Taehyung grinned at you and took the unoccupied seat on your right. Jungkook's nose twitched in annoyance but sat across from you. Namjoon respectfully took his place at the head of the table.

The doors on the other side of the room burst open and a few servants came in and placed trays on the table. Pancakes, waffles, fresh strawberries, the whole nine yards. You blinked in amazement at the feast before you. 'They looked really good...'

Namjoon smiled proudly. "Eat up everyone."

Taehyung and Jungkook immediately took command. They began piling food on their plates and you started putting almost every single thing on your plate. Hoseok explained that he asked some of the staff if they could borrow some plates from their homes for today. At first, the atmosphere was friendly. No one talked as everyone was busy eating but towards the end of the meal, it got slightly awkward.

You were now just biting pieces of the warm honey covered biscuit and you watched everyone finish up. Once Namjoon placed his utensils on his plate, you spoke up. "Can we now go to the White King's castle?"

Namjoon immediately looked towards you. "Sure. We just need to get some of the horses ready."

"Horses?" You asked.

"Yeah, how else are we supposed to get there?" Hoseok teased you. Namjoon started to command some of the servants to go ahead and get some of the horses ready.

'I don't even know how to ride a horse... How long will that take?' You thought in your head.

Suddenly everyone got up and you copied their movements. They all began walking out of the dining room. Taehyung was walking beside you. "Where you come from... You don't ride a horse usually, do you?"

"No." You took another bite of the biscuit. "We usually have cars in my family."

"Cars?" Taehyung repeated. "That sounds weird. But what else do I expect from a normal world where phones are common, huh?"

"What?"

"Huh?"

You ignored his weird statement once more and took another bite.

"Still, you can ride with me." Taehyung smiled, his green hat slightly tipping in his face. "I promise you won't be thrown off."

"That's reassuring." You just stuffed the remaining biscuit in your mouth. All of you went outside and saw horses. There were only four horses that had red saddles and bridles. A checkerboard cloth was underneath the saddle and an emblem of a rose on the harness on the chest of the horse.

Hoseok, Jungkook and Namjoon immediately went to their horses, leaving you and Taehyung to stare at them. Namjoon was speaking to a knight who was holding his horse in place and Jungkook waved you over. "C'mon, Y/N, you can ride with me!"

"I'll be riding with Taehyung though." You gestured to the Hatter beside you.

"Do you even know how to ride Taehyung?" Jungkook provoked the tea loving person.

"Probably. Last time I rode was like five years ago." Taehyung shrugged.

You turned to him. "So that means I could probably fall off and die?" You narrowed your eyes at him.

"Actually," Taehyung paused for a moment, his eyebrows furrowing. "Yeah you could."

"Wow."

Instead you ended up riding with Hoseok who was probably the most gentle out of all of them. You weren't getting on with the clumsy king and you were afraid that you were going to agree to something else if Jungkook asked you anything.

As soon as you three started riding off, you decided to ask, "How long is it to the White King's castle?"

Namjoon shrugged his shoulders. "Probably a day."

"A day?" You muttered to yourself in disbelief.

"Don't worry Y/N!" Hoseok tried to cheer you up. "As long as we don't run into anything else, we should be fine."

"What do you mean 'fine?'" You tried turning your head to look at him but only for him to use a hand to turn your head back.

"Aha, nothing!"

Was it too late to go back to the castle? Or maybe you could just walk back there...