k.th

It must look weird to other people. Glaring at the Starbucks that was across the street. Did they think you really hated their products? Maybe you couldn't help yourself spending your money over there? It was none of the above.

No, every time you saw one, you were reminded of Taehyung. More specifically on how it should be a Moondollar and serve tea instead; no coffee. Damn it. The Mad Hatter must be laughing at your misery each time you see one. You could barely drink or eat anything there and barely recently started drinking coffee again. He ruined all of it for you.

You were finally able to cross the street and did so, getting closer to the store. Sending another glare to it (possibly getting a few looks as people inside the store were confused), you continued on your way to get groceries your mom requested. You hurried away from the area and you didn't want to see the store when you came back this way.

After gathering all the things your mom needed, you started walking back and as you got closer to the store, you felt off. No, it wasn't because you wanted to fight the store or curse out Taehyung. It just... felt weird to you. Like if you were walking down the street at night and felt someone watching you. You paused and looked around. Everyone was minding their own business.

Hm. That was strange.

You continued on and finally got to the corner. There still stood the store but you had your back to it so you wouldn't see it. As you waited for the crosswalk to tell you to cross, you felt the weird sensation again. As you were about to turn around, a pair of hands covered your eyes. You panicked.

"Guess who!" A voice spoke up.

Your body froze as you recognized the voice. Taehyung?! You whipped your head so fast and stumbled a bit that you knocked into the person behind you.

A familiar laugh at your dumb moment and you looked up to see that it was Taehyung! Your eyes widened in surprise, mouth open like a goldfish. You honestly didn't expect him to be here.

"Did the dog get your tongue?"

Then your look of surprise was wiped away. "It's a cat instead of a dog." You corrected it.

Taehyung looked disappointed. "Is it really?"

"But enough of that," You began. "What are you even doing here?"

Taehyung was momentarily confused by your question. He looked around him. "Um, right now? I'm just standing here." You were ready to fight him but he laughed. "I know what you mean! I came to visit your world and see how right I am!"

An odd reason to visit but you suppose since he was somewhat aware of your world, you guess it made sense.

Then you happened to notice how other people whispered and pointed in your direction. Confused, you looked around and then it clicked. Taehyung's Mad Hatter outfit definitely stood out against the crowd's clothes.

"Okay, so ready to hear the plan?" Taehyung began.

You weren't paying attention to him so it spooked you when he spoke to you. "What plan...?"

"To burn down all the Starbucks."

Your eyes widened in surprise and you shushed him. He cannot talk about arson in the middle of the day! "What the hell Taehyung?!" You whispered-yelled.

"What?" He looked terribly confused.

"You can't say something like that!"

A frown made its way onto his face. "Okay but will you do that with me later?"

"No!" You were in disbelief. You had a feeling that he might have just come into your world with revenge for the coffee chain...

"You're no fun." He pouted and crossed his arms. Before you could say anything, his eyes glanced towards the bags in your hands. "Did you need help with that?"

"I'm okay." You uselessly replied as he grabbed two of them. You sighed and let him help you. Taehyung happily followed you across the street, gaining more attention from people who whispered about his outfit. The whispers slowly died down until you reached home. Looks like you're going to have to introduce your friend to your mom.

You turned to the Mad Hatter who was staring at you. "Alright, we need a story."

"Why a story?" He questioned.

"Do you really want to say you're from another world?"

"Hm, good point."

A lie came up in your mind. You told him that he was a friend from college and you happened to bump into him. He's into theater and has enjoyed it all his life. You're hoping Taehyung sticks to the story but you have a feeling he won't. Once you entered your home, you called out to your mom, "I'm home and I brought a friend!"

You could hear the once busy house become quiet at your statement. Your mom must be wondering how you got a friend. You went further in the house to see your mom coming out from the small hallway of your home. She greeted you with a welcome back and her eyes flickered behind you. "Who's your friend?"

Before you could say anything, Taehyung jumped at the opportunity. "Hello! I'm Taehyung, it's nice to meet you!"

You could see your mom eyeing the vibrant outfit. "He's into theater and cosplay." You blurted out the second half by accident. You're just hoping Taehyung doesn't make a comment on it.

Your mom nodded. "That's nice. Theater was fun back in my days. Will you be staying for dinner?"

Taehyung smiled. "Can I do that?"

"Of course!"

Then Taehyung's eyes lit up in excitement. "Do you mind if I make you tea? It's a little thank you gift for letting me stay for dinner."

Before you knew it, your mom and Taehyung headed into the kitchen to make different things. You stood there, trying to process what happened. You're not sure what's even happening right now. Well, looks like you'll have to go along with it.

A few hours later, your mom was practically begging Taehyung to stay for the week. She really liked him and his odd quirks. It felt like he was more her child instead of you. "Come back anytime!" Your mom handed some leftovers. You're not sure how he's going to heat up some leftovers but maybe Namjoon would lend him a microwave or something. Or Taehyung would steal it. Probably.

Happily humming by your side, Taehyung gripped onto the leftovers like someone was going to steal them. "I'll definitely come back to visit!"

You raised an eyebrow at his suspicious statement. "You're definitely coming back to visit me and not take revenge on Starbucks right?" You had to double check otherwise you're seeing on the news the mysterious downfall of the company.

Taehyung laughed and paused when the tree came into view. "Which one would you like?" A teasing grin formed on his lips.

"Huh?"

He seemed to be enjoying your confused state. "Do you want me to take revenge? Or do you want me to visit you?"

Ah! Your brain for some reason couldn't comprehend his words. "I don't want you to take revenge! You can come back to this world only if you visit me and not burn down the stores!" You tried to make your voice firm but you're not sure if you're doing a good job.

Taehyung paused momentarily, processing your words before another teasing grin formed on his face. Oh no. What is the Mad Hatter thinking of? "So that means you do like me!" He looked so happy that he hugged you. "I'll definitely come back to visit you only!"

You were frozen with surprise and then he pulled back to stand at the edge of the rabbit hole. He looked back, winked and jumped in. You were dazed and processed everything that happened. Yep, you may have gone mad with the Mad Hatter.