Chapter 8

The sun had barely started to set when the group reached The Desert. It was strange as you don't remember this ever in the original Alice in Wonderland. You could see the difference as if it was night and day. On one side, the craziness of Wonderland with the strange forest then on the other side what looked to be like an endless desert with sand dunes and every once in a while a dead tree.

It looked kind of sketchy.

"Alright!" Namjoon said. "We'll rest here for tonight and head out later." The King maneuvered his horse to a small space and climbed down from the horse. Everyone else followed his movements and Hoseok helped you off as well. Like the graceful person you are, you stumbled as your legs felt stiff.

"Oh, woah!" Hoseok held out his arms and his light brushes made you feel some type of way. "You okay?"

"Yeah, my legs feel stiff." You straightened up quickly, ignoring what that type of feeling was just moments ago. Hoseok nodded.

You stretched out your body as the guys set up camp for the night. This time you took a seat in between Namjoon and Taehyung. It was a bit refreshing from Hoseok's comments and Jungkook's intense puppy eyes. Speaking of the rabbit, he was seated across you, giving you those damn puppy eyes. It almost made you feel guilty.

But this time you're not falling for them!

Quietly, you ate the broth they made (well just Taehyung and Hoseok since apparently Namjoon can't do that to save his life and Jungkook eats almost everything he makes) and listened to their conversation. You were simply tired from the journey and your ass was starting to hurt from the saddle. Thankfully they set up the tents quite quickly and you took a nap.

"Y/N?" A voice said and then a hand shook you roughly. Slowly opening up your eyes, your eyesight started to adjust to the darkness and found a figure there. Oh, it was just Jungkook. "It's time to go."

Letting out a hum in response, you got up and yawned. Jungkook went out and you followed suit. Outside, Wonderland was scary, you thought. The sky was now pitch black; there were no stars or even a moon. There weren't even any noises. A few lanterns were softly lighting the area but it was nothing compared to the night. Alright, this was kind of like a horror movie now. Shaking off the sleep, you half-listened to the plan.

"So Hoseok will walk almost a quarter of the way, I'll take the middle and finally Jungkook will finish the rest. Does that sound good to everyone?" Namjoon asked, glancing at everyone.

Hoseok and Jungkook nodded in agreement as Taehyung raised his hand. "I won't be doing anything?"

"You'll be riding with Y/N just in case a creature slips past us." Namjoon replied to which Taehyung clapped his hands together.

"Sounds good!" Taehyung then stood up. "I got your back, Y/N!" He shot finger guns at you.

You were more worried. "That reassures me." You mumbled but somehow Taehyung heard you.

"You hurt me sometimes."

You shrugged him off as you got assisted by Taehyung onto the horse. Jungkook and Namjoon got onto their horses and they tied Hoseok's horse to one of theirs. Hoseok did a couple of stretches to warm up his body. Then you guys set off into the desert. This was so scary. You thought the only noises came from the horses or Taehyung's heartbeat. No one really spoke a word and you can only assume that it was to hear out for creatures. Hoseok walked in front, he didn't look frightened at all. It reassured you a little.

The night continued on and the group made their first switch of the night. Namjoon now took on the role and everyone continued on. You were just a bit wary of this whole area. Nothing has happened so far so you're kind of expecting something dramatic to happen any time soon. But for now, you're going to chase away those negative thoughts since you're not going to jinx anything. At last, you guys made the final switch with Jungkook taking over. The group continued on and you could now see the forest of Wonderland now. Finally!

Everyone immediately urged the horses on and then it happened. You're going to throw your brain away for jinxing it. Good job you.

Multiple, large tentacles rose from the sand. Your eyes trailed them until it came to the monster that it was connected to. Its body was a sphere with a large gaping mouth filled with razor, sharp teeth and ew! A tongue slipped out of its mouth, dripping with saliva. This monster seemed to have no eyes and some of its large tentacles dug into the sand once more. What was this thing?!

"No one move." Namjoon commanded, his voice was barely a whisper.

The sand slowly rippled almost as if the tentacles underneath the sand were trying to find something. You held your breath as the monster let out a confused growl, thinking it had sensed something. Letting out a huff, the monster slowly started to retreat into the sand of where it came. It seemed like it was all over. Thank goodness.

Until Taehyung sneezed.

Fucking hell.

That was your last thought as the tentacles struck the desert. The horse reared up from the moment, neighing loudly as another tentacle came your way. Yep, this is how you're going to die. All because of Taehyung fucking sneezing.

Jungkook became your guardian angel as he jumped and brought his sword down in a fast arc. The monster let out a screech as the first half of the tentacle flopped to the ground and twitched violently. "Get out of here Taehyung!" Namjoon commanded, this time his voice sounded annoyed and disappointed.

Taehyung chuckled awkwardly and tugged on the reins. The horse obeyed the direction of the reins and took off in a flash. Of course, you didn't blame the horse since they might have died due to Taehyung. The horse kept going forward with Taehyung tugging on the reins left and right to avoid the other tentacles that struck the desert moments where you were before.

Great, you're so going to die.

The monster continued to shriek and Taehyung urged the horse on. There was noise behind you and you're sure it was the rest of the group fighting off the group. You're not going to look back since you had to keep an eye out in front of you. Meaning you're going to watch and see if Taehyung makes any more mistakes like that so you can yell at him. Taehyung managed to get almost to the edge of the desert where there was finally a safe haven!

At last, the horse crossed over the threshold and slowly came to a stop. Taehyung angled the horse so that there was a better view of the desert. Most of the monster's tentacles had been sliced off. It happened so fast. Jungkook was now in the air and his sword was now glowing. What? In a bright flash, the sword was brought down and a loud explosion came from when the sword slashed the monster. Jungkook landed on the balls of his feet and the monster was now still.

Taehyung began to clap. "Wow, good job Jungkook! Thankfully the monster didn't explode!"

"E-Explode?" You caught his words but Taehyung had to jinx everything, didn't he?

All of a sudden, the monster did exactly that. Explode. Gushes of its green blood were everywhere and everything. You had the smart idea to close your eyes and mouth. The slimy feeling of the blood dripped down on you and you attempted to wipe your eyes. You did so thankfully and saw poor Namjoon over there gagging. Hoseok looked absolutely done and Jungkook was beyond pissed. "Keep your mouth shut, Taehyung!"

Taehyung let out a nervous chuckle. "Y-You'll protect me, right Y/N?"

"No."