Chapter 25

Two more hours and then your side effects should be gone. At this point of the journey, you were halfway to the area of the rock. So close yet so far. Thankfully in this area, the sky didn't look like it was breaking and there haven't been any creatures seen. Namjoon assumed because it was the source that evil things may not want to happen in the area. No one was really sure why.

Then it happened.

Your side effects disappeared!

It happened when Taehyung asked you a dumb question. "Why do you think that Starbucks is popular? What about a tea place called Moondollar? It would sell all kinds of tea and no coffee."

"Taehyung," You had begun. "I already told you that I don't know why it's popular. Also I don't think calling it Moondollar would work out." There was a hint of annoyance in your voice.

"Y/N, you're back!" Jungkook chimed in once he realized that you didn't get angry.

"What?" You raised an eyebrow. Jungkook had turned in the saddle.

You looked at the others' faces to see that they were all relieved. Honestly, you could remember some fragments of what happened but you deduced it to be a dream. Don't tell me... You thought back and it sunk it. No, it was a dream... right?

Taehyung snickered. "We gave you medicine but apparently there were some side effects."

"What kind?" There was panic in your voice. Did you do something...?

"Nothing at all!" Hoseok tried to reassure you.

You just didn't really buy it. "That's not really assuring me..." You glanced at Taehyung who was laughing to himself. "Especially because of him." You gestured to the Mad Hatter.

"Damn it Taehyung." Hoseok cursed him out.

Yoongi huffed. "It was only extreme mood swings and superhuman strength. Nothing too major."

At least someone told you. "What?" You barely clicked on what he said.

Yoongi shrugged his shoulders. "Eh. You would get angry or cry at the littlest thing. Then you tried to crush anyone in your way."

"I did?"

"Yeah. Not a big deal." Yoongi replied to which Seokjin glared at him. The group continued onward and suddenly, you were at the base of another mountain. This time, however, it was steep and didn't have any paths where the horses could travel safely.

"Let's rest for a while." Namjoon suggested and everyone got off. Hoseok took some bread and jam out of his pack for lunch. He gave everyone some and passed around the jam. You happily ate yours with the odd sweet flavored jam. It had a unique taste.

After Hoseok passed everything around, he sat down. "How are we getting up the mountain? Do we have climbing gear?"

Seokjin held the bread in his mouth as he dug through his own pack. He pulled out ropes and harnesses. You're wondering how he managed to fit that in there and why he even had climbing gear to begin with. He dropped the equipment down to say, "look I brought this!"

"How convenient." Jimin commented.

"Seokjin." Yoongi had picked some of them up. "There's only four."

You all looked at Seokjin whose bread dropped from his mouth. "No, I'm pretty sure I packed eight? Did you count them right?"

"I think I know how to count." Yoongi huffed.

In disbelief, Seokjin himself counted the harnesses and the ropes attached to them. "Oh shit. I really did bring four."

"Did you think I was lying for fun?" Yoongi glared at him.