Chapter 20

Only half an hour has passed before Hoseok decided to give you and the horse a chance to rest. He found a small, shady spot to stop at. He helped you down from the horse and it gave you a chance to stretch. Something was off to you.

Over here, the air seemed... lively? Can you describe the air like that? You sat down near the base of the tree providing the shade. Hoseok took something out of the pouch from the bag on the horse. It was four sandwiches wrapped. He sat down next to you and handed you one. You took it and began eating lunch.

"Is it me or is something different?" Hoseok asked, looking around.

It wasn't just you! "I thought so too but I wasn't sure." You admitted.

Hoseok hummed and continued to eat. Once in a while, he looked around but couldn't pick up what he was feeling. For the next few minutes, you ate in silence until Hoseok stood up. "Wait here while I check around the area." You nodded and watched as he disappeared through the bushes.

Not even five minutes had gone by when he returned. "I'm not sensing any danger... Should we get going?"

Thankfully, you finished your sandwich and got on the horse with Hoseok's help. Now off you went once more. Hoseok kept conversation with you - like interests and hobbies. Whenever there was a lull in the conversation, it was peaceful. The cliffs were starting to level out. You would have guessed an hour had passed when you heard shouting up ahead. Hoseok picked up the pace and around the corner, it was the rest of the group!

And guess what they were doing!

That's right! Arguing with each other!

"For the last fucking time Jimin." Yoongi began. "Stop blowing your vape!"

"We are resting! I can't even relax a little!" Jimin shot back.

Taehyung snickered at them. "Where's the popcorn?" Jungkook nodded to show he was in agreement for once.

"Not with you blowing smoke everywhere!" Yoongi growled at him. "Put it away or I'll break it."

Jimin really had the audacity to puff a cloud of smoke in his face. Taehyung laughed at the misfortune as Yoongi swung a fist. Jungkook watched and Namjoon was trying his best to stop it. "Guys! We need to cross. Fighting will get you nowhere and you two apologize."

"Hah." Seokjin said from his place. "How rich, coming from you. You haven't apologized to me!"

"W-What are you talking about...?" Namjoon's image of a king was broken. "I already apologized..." Now that was a big, fat lie.

Seokjin looked flabbergasted. "Apologize? You didn't even say a single word to me all day!" Namjoon looked guilty as Seokjin went on the fastest rant you've ever seen. Or heard for that matter.

Hoseok and you simply stared at the scene unfolding in front of your eyes. "Should we just leave them?" He whispered and you jumped from the sudden proximity.

"I think so."

He laughed and urged the horse forward. You swear Jungkook has a built-in radar just for you. "Y/N!" He yelled and suddenly rushed forward in the blink of an eye. The rabbit stopped right in front of the horse. "Are you okay?!"

"Uh yeah?" You responded a bit confused. "Hoseok's a good companion to travel with."

Jungkook nodded reluctantly as the rest of the group headed to where you were. Once the group reunited, you could already feel the weird tension in the air. You assume that they fought once more when the group got separated. "Only a few more miles..." Hoseok mumbled.

"Uh actually we might have to stop for a moment." Namjoon told Hoseok. Hoseok and you were confused as Namjoon started to explain. "Well, we ran into another creature and we killed it..."