Chapter 11

Despite the noise, you managed to get some sleep! Though it felt like you were back in school, cramming a test that had fifty questions and you were trying to study it in five hours to only get three hours of sleep. It felt like that sometimes.

Yawning, you sat up and tried to adjust to the sun heating up your tent. There were some noises outside and you figured that they must be up already. So, you wiped away any crusties from your eyes or any drool just in case. You crawled out of the tent and slowly stood up.

"Good morning Y/N!" Hoseok happily greeted you. That caught the other's attention where they also greeted you. Taehyung patted the space next to him and Namjoon. You took it and sat down as Taehyung handed you a fruit you've never seen before.

"This is breakfast." Taehyung commented and bit into the fruit. Despite the pretty bright red color, the juice was orange. Huh. You took your own bite and discovered a unique taste. It was sweet and sour at the same time. The inside looked like an orange and the flavor reminded you of apples and grapes. You munched on your fruit as the rest of the group started to disassemble the tents.

Once everything was finished, you decided to get on with Namjoon. Well more like he offered and you graciously accepted before Jungkook could trick you again with those puppy eyes of his. The horses were clean of the goo from the monsters and you figured they must have cleaned them when you were sleeping. Now, it was off to the castle of the White King. The next few hours were riding and you decided that Namjoon was the best person to ride with.

He didn't pester you like Jungkook, tell weird tales like Taehyung or kept a minimal conversation like Hoseok. Namjoon answered any questions you have (yes, you thought maybe Namjoon had an idea about saving Wonderland) and told you stories that were in less than five minutes versus Taehyung with his hour long ones. He kept quiet when there was a lull in the conversation.

The rest of the day continued like that until it was dinnertime. Once more, it was the same fruit from before and discussing if they should continue on through the night.

"I'm not sure of just how many creatures there are..." Hoseok sounded a bit worried.

"I say yes!" Jungkook proudly said with a smile. "I can kill anything that comes our way."

Taehyung snickered and you knew that he was going to say a sassy remark. Namjoon interrupted him before he could. "It's a bit of a risk. I mean, a creature attacked us during the day..."

There was some consideration in the statement. It was true. They said that most of them came out at night but during the day? Something was off. "Should we just head for the castle?" This time you spoke up.

Honestly, Namjoon was going to have you as his apprentice or something since Hoseok agreed quite easily. "If it's for the safety of Y/N, then let's do it."

Everyone then started to get ready and you jumped back on the horse with Namjoon. Hopefully, the journey goes quicker this time. The horses trotted along and the sun was setting now. The pretty rays of orange and purple contrasted with the large rips in the sky. It was kind of ominous.

You think that you may have taken a nap or something. It was the possibility of everyone being quiet and the horses' hooves making a rhythmic sound that lulled you to sleep. For Namjoon started to shake you awake. You blinked tiredly and tried to process what was going on. "We're almost there." He said. Then you realized you were leaning against Namjoon while you took your nap. You leaned forward, apologizing.

"It's no problem. I didn't realize you were sleeping until later." He showed off his smile with that infamous dimple. Ugh, it was cute.

You said thanks and kept quiet as the horses continued on. That's when you saw it. Just a little farther sat the White King's castle. It was magnificent. It was huge and tall with white and sparkly stone mixed into the castle though what caught most of your attention was the area surrounding the castle. Snow was everywhere and the trees were bare. The bushes were still alive and green. It was a breathtaking site.

Everyone continued on for a bit and getting closer, you could feel the change. The air got a little colder and you could feel a sense of elegance within the atmosphere. It made sense in your head and at last, you arrived at the pristine gates. It looked like they were made out of ice.

"What business do you have?" A knight asked. The armor reminded you of a chess piece.

Namjoon straightened up a little. "I'm the King of Hearts. I need to see the White King."

The knight whispered to another one who took off running into the castle. It was a bit awkward waiting there as the other knight stood there, staring. Not even one of your companions broke the silence so you just had to wait there. For what seemed like an eternity, the other knight rushed back to break everything. "He said he'll see you."

The gates opened and everyone urged their horses forward. Coming to a stop in front of the large castle, you nervously glanced around. If memory serves you right, the original White Queen was quite friendly and had a lot of useful information. You hope that it's the same personality for the character as well.

Namjoon helped you down and like a lost puppy, followed him right into the throne room. It looked somewhat similar to Namjoon's except without the color red. Or checkerboard. Mostly, every wall was white along with the pillars that looked like they were carved out of ice. Thankfully, the color was mixed in with light blue and it felt like a different atmosphere than the King of Heart's kingdom.

Awkwardly, all four of you waited in the room. It was quiet with a few knights standing off to the sides of the room. You were conscious to not make any noise. You didn't want your shoes to make a noise against the polished tiles or even your clothes to make a sound brushing together. It was nerve-racking.

Until Taehyung decided to speak.

"Do you think I can get his interior designer's information?" You glanced behind you to see him standing with his hands on his hips and looked around.

"Dude." Jungkook looked at him. "How could you like this? That doesn't even match!" He pointed to a banner that was black and had nice colors that were swirled around.

As the two started arguing, you could practically feel embarrassment from Namjoon and poor Hoseok was trying to make the duo shut up before the King came. You resisted the urge to face palm but it was too late.

"Are you insulting my castle?"