Chapter 23

"Shit!" Namjoon cursed and tried to squint through the snow that whipped at his face. The horses neighed in response and shook from the snow blowing in their faces. This was really terrible luck.

The journey was going fine and there was no sign of another storm. As everyone reached the base of the mountain where the path got narrow, a storm spiked up. It's horrible. The path had become narrow and the elevation made it dangerous. If you happen to fall, you'll fall to your death. The horses weren't able to turn around on this narrow path and so the only way was forward until there's some shelter or something.

You shivered. Namjoon's body heat was helping you out but not so much from the snow whipping your face as well. He urged the horse forward who continued on. The wind howling drowned out your hearing and you couldn't hear the hooves crunching the snow. You hope that the rest of the group is okay as well.

You bundled up with a blanket that Namjoon gave you from the pack on his horse. It tried its best but some of the snow still got in between your body and the blanket. You're not sure how long you've been in the storm but you wished that you would all find some shelter. The path slowly started to become wider again and then opened up to a small clearing where there was a cave! Namjoon kicked it into fast gear and had the horse rush to the opening.

Everyone followed Namjoon inside. Namjoon helped you down and you could feel how your body was. It felt terrible. "Someone started a fire." The Red King commanded as he dug through the pack on his horse.

Taehyung took this as his opportunity. Fire was his specialty as he had to warm up his tea sometimes. He started to designate the place where the fire would go by making a circle of rocks.

"Here." Namjoon placed a towel on your head.

You grabbed it off your head. "Thanks." You said and started to wipe yourself dry. Your poor blanket was soaking wet from the snow and you dropped it to the ground. Thankfully, Taehyung had the fire going. Everyone gathered by the fire and you slowly started to feel the tips of your fingers. No one really talked as they tried to warm up first.

All of a sudden, you sneezed.

"You okay?" Hoseok asked you, concern etched onto his face.

"Yeah." You replied. Your body was still cold but it wasn't anything serious.

Then Taehyung piped in. "Although you usually look pretty Y/N, you're looking bad right now."

You glared at him while Seokjin agreed. "You do look a little sick."

Hoseok put the back of his hand against your forehead and retracted it quite quickly. "You're burning up!" He scrambled to get up quickly. "Wait, I think my pack had medicine."

"But I feel fine..." You sneezed again and your head pounded. Okay, maybe you were starting to feel the effects. Hoseok quickly came back with a bottle that looked like it was a quarter of the way full. Inside was a green liquid.

"This is all we have but it shouldn't take more than what's in here." Hoseok said and turned to Taehyung. "Do you have a cup?"

"Why wouldn't I?" He whipped out a teacup from out of nowhere. The Hatter handed it over to Hoseok who poured the liquid into it. He filled it up halfway and gave it to you.

You took a sip and cringed from the taste. Still, you downed the rest of it in one go. It tasted horrible and you coughed from the aftertaste. You handed the cup back to Hoseok who tossed it to Taehyung. "Is it working?" Hoseok asked.

"Huh?" You could feel your eyes become sleepy.

There was a worried look on his face. "It's not working?"