Chapter 17

Ever since that day (well it was yesterday), you have been hyper fixated on those thoughts. Seriously, you felt like you were transported to those middle school days. This has been a really bad habit since you were young. At first, you thought of everyone as friends so there was nothing awkward. Then if someone tells you that if a certain person likes you, you become fixated on the fact and think any nice action is for you. Thankfully, this habit passes after a while. Well, only for a few months.

So, congratulations. You think you're making things more awkward.

"Come here Y/N!" Jungkook eagerly patted the seat next to him.

You froze and panicked. In your state, you chose a free seat next to Hoseok. Jungkook looked so disappointed. Then he leaned in his seat to glare at Hoseok. The poor guy next to you sighed, feeling the heat from Jungkook's glare.

Seokjin clapped his hands together to get the attention on him. "So, I would like to discuss the books in the library." Everyone waited for him to continue. "I may have forgotten to tell you that there are some more in the basement." He smiled, thinking everyone would be so happy.

Instead he earned himself some disappointed looks.

Namjoon pinched the bridge of his nose. "There has been a basement all this time with more books?"

Seokjin simply let out a nervous laugh. "Anyways, who would like to come with me?" He quickly stood up, his white cape making a dramatic scene. No one said anything but instead stared at him. "Now that's just rude."

You sighed and honestly wanted to be away from everyone for a little. "I'll go." You volunteered yourself.

Jungkook took this as his chance. "Me too!"

Seokjin nodded. "Alright, then follow me."

You got up and Hoseok stopped you for a moment. "Are you still hurting? Do you need someone to carry you?"

Jungkook's eyes lit up and you could already feel that he was going to say that he can carry you. You need to be quick! You're assuming that everyone forgot how you walked in perfectly fine earlier. "I'm okay. The medicine healed it fast." Seriously. By the time you woke up, there was no cut and you were walking on it fine. You may have to take some of that special slime with you when you return home.

You followed Seokjin through his enormous castle. You wondered why it was huge and totally not because you got lost a couple of times than you care to admit. Jungkook was right next to you, happily humming a tune you've never heard of. At last, Seokjin came to a door and opened it. You were greeted with darkness.

"Uh so I promise there will be light down there." Seokjin said and some footsteps came rushing.

They were carrying a lot of oil lamps. They started to light them up and hand each of you one while one person went down to put a couple of more. Seokjin smiled and led the way downstairs.

You copied his movements and arrived at the basement. He wasn't lying when he said there were more books down here. There were three shelves and boxes of them! You felt a headache coming on. Seokjin thanked the person who left the oil lamps down there as they left. You headed towards the bookshelves and took a quick glance at the spines. You picked out a book and dusted away the cover. The dust floated up and you sneezed. This was going to be so much fun...

You're not sure how long you lasted but accepted defeat. You grabbed a box with books and headed upstairs. Jungkook copied your movements and Seokjin whined about it. "C'mon it was not that dusty."

You glared at him. "You're lying! You saw how much dust was down there!" Your nose had a point to prove as you sneezed again.

Seokjin frowned. "You may have a point."

All three of you went back to a dust-free library. Placing the boxes on a table, you set to work. Thankfully, you only sneezed a couple of times but it wasn't as bad down in the basement. Sorting through more books, none of them held interest. That is until you came down to the last book. It was larger than most and looked old. On the cover, the title "Geographical of Wonderland" lit some hope in you.

You opened it and saw the table of contents. Let's see... You passed the founding of Wonderland, introduction, plant and animal species... Oh! Map of Wonderland! That had to be it! You quickly flipped to the page and let out a small scream as a gross and weird looking bug was sitting on the page you needed.

What the fuck Wonderland?!

Your knight in shining armor was the first to arrive and spotted the insect. "I'll kill it!" He unsheathed his sword.

"Don't use the sword!" Seokjin came rushing from nowhere.

The others made it to the area and looked towards the bug. "It looks dead..." Yoongi muttered. But no. Lady Luck was not on your side as the damn thing started to move.

"Ew." Hoseok took a step back. "Why does it look like that?"

You guessed the bug must have heard that or decided to wake and choose violence today. It started to fly.

You screamed as this bug headed towards Hoseok who was standing near you. Nope! You're done! Fuck this shit! You ran out of the library to which Hoseok screamed. You could hear Jungkook swinging his sword to try and kill the damn bug. The only one who made it out with you was Taehyung. "I hate those things!" He said.

"What is that?!"

"Oh. It's called a Flying Arrow." Taehyung replied. "They're quite large," He held up his hand and circled the area of his palm. "And a bit venomous... and may also try to attack anyone who says anything bad about it."

Something clicked.

"Does saying you hate them count?" You asked hesitantly.

"Yes I believe so, why?" Taehyung was a bit confused.

"You just said that you hate them."

"Oh no."

And just like that the bug rammed the door with enough force to make it fly open. You're definitely dying at this rate with your poor heart beating this fast. "We're running!" Taehyung clasped your wrist and ran for his life. Behind you, you could hear the hum of the wings. When Taehyung turned the corner, he opened a random door and shoved both of you in it.

It was a storage closet complete with a broom and what you assume to be cleaning supplies. You could practically feel Taehyung's body against yours but your fear outride the flustered emotion. Outside, the bug rammed into the door making you jump. "Why can a bug hear what it says about it?!"

"Uh... It's Wonderland?" The Mad Hatter laughed nervously.

What a great explanation. You wonder why you even asked. Outside the door, you could hear Jungkook trying to kill the bug. Well, you saw it too since you saw the fucking sword pierce through the door. It was a reflex to scream from almost being impaled by a sword.

"Ah Jungkook we're in here!" Taehyung shouted out.

"Who's we?" Jungkook called out and removed his sword from the door. Thanks to the hole, you could see the wing of the bug.

"Me and the Easter bunny."

"No way." Jungkook actually sounded impressed.

It only caused Taehyung to laugh. "Kidding! It's just Y/N and me."

"Oh..." Jungkook sounded so sad but then the words clicked into his mind. "Wait. Y/N, you're in there?! I'll kill this thing!" The sword missed the target once more and sliced the door. At this rate, Jungkook's going to whack the door until it's nothing. Except maybe luck didn't want you to die just yet!

Jungkook's sword managed to kill the bug! Yay, finally! All good things must come to an end. Even the door. It had enough and fell down to the floor. All three of you stared at it and finally the rest of the group managed to find everyone. It was all quiet until Seokjin set his anger on Jungkook. Then the rabbit took off at the speed of light. Okay, some things can be bad.