Chapter 7

The horses trotted along the path. It's already been a few hours and the sun was starting to set. Still, there were loud cracks across the sky and soon the group would have to set up camp for the night.

Namjoon pulled off to the side where there was an area that was filled with grass. "I think we should stop here for tonight and give the horses a rest."

His two subordinates nodded and had the horses walk into the area while Taehyung shrugged. "Sounds good." He commented. "How much more to the castle?"

Jungkook gave him a disappointed look. "Do you not even remember?"

"Sometimes." Taehyung answered as he got off his horse.

Hoseok helped you get down from the horse. He and Jungkook grabbed clothes from the back of the saddles and started to discuss something and pointed at the trees. You just watched them. Hell, you don't know the first thing about camping outdoors for the night.

The duo then started placing down blankets on the floor. Meanwhile, Taehyung and Namjoon tied up the horses to a low hanging branch. You weren't even sure when but Hoseok and Jungkook had gathered branches. Why are you even questioning anything at this point?

Jungkook looked at you and eagerly patted the space next to him. "Sit here, Y/N!" He grinned showing off his bunny teeth.

You let out a sigh and then took a seat next to him. The other guys all took a seat, talking about how much more they would go on. As they continued discussing, you stared at the fire Hoseok started. How did you even be the one to end up "saving" Wonderland?

Then there was a low sound of steps hitting the ground. Everyone froze up as they heard it. All of you stood up. Namjoon immediately unsheathed his sword and waited for anything to appear.

You all waited with silence until a small monster-like creature appeared.

This wasn't in the original Wonderland...

It was as big as a dog but this thing was nothing like one. It mostly had some type of rubbery looking skin, it ran on all fours and the paws were like a cat. There were a pair of red eyes that contrasted the gray skin. Then the creature curled its lips up, like a human, to reveal a set of large canines.

What the fuck was this thing?! You immediately took a step back, Jungkook and Hoseok pulled out their own swords. Taehyung pulled out two daggers and handed one to you. "Just stab it, if it gets close to you!" He said that way too happily.

You just took it without any objections, watching as the creature took a step forward. Everyone was tense, watching it. Your grip on the dagger tightened. If it gets too close to you... Agh, it's official. You'll probably not survive.

Thankfully, Hoseok managed to sneak behind this creature. Before the creature could leap, he swung his sword in a big downward arc, slicing the creature's head off. You scrunched up your nose, seeing it twitch slightly and dark red - or black, you couldn't tell in the dark - spill onto the ground.

"Disgusting." You commented.

"Just wait until the smell hits you." Taehyung said.

"Huh?" Then it did. An awful smell - like a dumpster combined with something rotting? - hit your nose. "Ew!" You immediately covered your nose and it made your stomach twist into knots. Your eyes are already teary from the smell. "I'm not staying here."

Everyone looked at you as you backed up. "I'm with Y/N on that." Taehyung said. And for the night, you all picked a different area to sleep in.

The next day, you rode with Hoseok again. At least you weren't going to sleep in the woods again and instead in a nice castle. Jungkook and Taehyung were bickering once more and the rest of your group was a bit annoyed.

"But how can you like tea?!" Jungkook huffed.

"And how can you like coffee?!" Taehyung shot back. "Like at least it needs some type of flavor there!"

"Coffee gives me energy so I can protect Namjoon and Y/N!" Jungkook glared.

Taehyung then started laughing. "How can a rabbit protect Y/N?" In response, Jungkook punched Taehyung's arm which made him lose balance and was now dangling by the stirrup. "How rude." Taehyung crossed his arms as Jungkook cackled.

"Do they fight a lot?" You asked Hoseok.

Hoseok, who was staring straight ahead, looked down. "Kinda. Though not as much as a certain caterpillar and cat." He hummed in amusement.

You were not really surprised. As the group continued on (with Taehyung managing to sit upright), everyone stopped as a bridge came into view. It was magnificent with red and brown stones but there was one problem. The middle of the bridge was out.

"This is not good." Namjoon said.

"I think we have to go the long way around." Hoseok piped up.

"Long way?" You echoed. "And how long will that be....?" You're hoping it is at least a few more hours.

Namjoon was quiet for a moment until he said three dreadful words. "About four days?"

You wanted to scream. Instead, you kept your mouth shut as the King and Tweedle began to discuss the journey. "Alright so we just have to make it before The Desert before nightfall." Namjoon began. "Then we can just cross The Desert. Does that sound like a plan?"

"I think that's our best option." Hoseok had to agree. "I would just have to walk in case of any creatures."

"But that will be almost an entire day, Hoseok." Namjoon countered.

"Isn't that what we got Jungkook for?"

Namjoon's eyes widened. "We can't have Jungkook be our bait!"

"What?" Jungkook piped up, his expression was fearful.

"Oh my- that's not." Hoseok pinched the bridge of his nose. "Sometimes I wonder how you even got to be king." His words did not register in Namjoon's brain.

"He means that Jungkook will also fight. Isn't he also good at fighting?" You interrupted, getting what Hoseok was saying.

Jungkook looked relieved and Namjoon was a bit embarrassed now. "Oh! Haha, now I get it."

"Wow, someone has brains here. Marry me Y/N and take me away from these people." Hoseok dramatically hugged you and started to squeeze you.

Then there was a loud smack and you both turned to see an angry bunny. "No!" And Jungkook smacked Hoseok on the back of the head again. This was going to be a long journey.