k.nj

Tapping your foot, you're sure that you're annoying some people on the bus right now. You can't help it if there's a good song going on in your playlist at the moment. You had headed into the town to get some new clothes along with picking up materials since you decided that your gap year was up and you're going to college.

The trip from Wonderland inspired you to create fantasy worlds and after looking at options, you decided to become a writer. Or editor if you can't make it as a writer. Maybe because of all the books you read or Wonderland, your interest grew.

You wanted to explore new worlds and create them for other readers to be transported into the book. Or if there happens to be a world out there and they get sucked into it. They better not sue you if that happens.

The bus slowly came to a crawl at the bus stop. Here's your cue.

You got off and started walking back home. Although your house was situated on a piece of land with plentiful trees and plants, you're grateful that it was a little aways from the city. Otherwise, you would probably be staying home all the time.

You enjoyed the day with the sun shining softly to not make it too hot. Upon getting closer to your home, you picked up the pace to put down the bags. When you got to the front door, you dug through your pockets, struggling as the bags were limiting your movements. Hopefully your mom hears you struggling and unlocks the door.

But no. She did not.

You struggled with the door but finally got it open. "I'm back!" You called out and dragged your stuff into the living room. "Are you home, mom?" You finally looked up and froze. Your mom had company. Not just any company like a friend of hers that you would expect to see. Nope, it was the King of Hearts.

Namjoon smiled at you from his spot on the couch.

You blinked a few times, trying to process it in your mind. You're not seeing things are you? Did Wonderland catch up to you to be hallucinating? To make sure you weren't dreaming, you pinched yourself. You felt the pain so you were not dreaming at all.

"Y/N." Your mom gave you a look. "Say hi to your friend. He came all this way to visit you."

Yeah from a whole other world, mom. But no, you must not say that.

"Oh sorry!" You decided to lie on why you were just standing there. "I couldn't believe it was him for a moment!" You turned to Namjoon with a wide grin that was real. "I didn't think you were here!"

Namjoon smiled back. "I was in town and thought of visiting you. You were out but your mom invited me to stay." You nodded in understanding and his eyes trail to the bags you were carrying. "Did you need help with them?" He got up.

You accepted his help gratefully as your mom said she'll start dinner. She had apparently invited him to stay and eat dinner too.

Namjoon followed you to your room where he gently placed the bags down. You quickly closed your door after you hazardly threw the rest of your bags onto your bed. "What are you doing here?!" You whispered in fear of your mom listening.

The King awkwardly smiled. "Well, I wanted to visit!"

It made your heart skip a beat.

"Oh really?" You tried to play it cool. You don't think you were.

Namjoon looked at the various bags you had. "What are you doing with so many bags?" He questioned.

A bit of excitement took over you. "I decided to go to college. I picked out some new clothes and some textbooks for the upcoming semester."

"College?" He echoed back. He looked terribly confused at some of your words. You took the time to explain what it was and everything. Namjoon hung onto every word.

"That sounds nice."

You nodded along until you remembered that dinner was still being cooked. "We should make a story on how you're my friend and traveling at the moment, okay?"

"Why?" Namjoon was confused again.

"Do you want to explain to my mom that you come from another world that's in the back?"

"Good point." Namjoon admitted defeat and you spun the story of your friend from another city that you met once in some type of high school event. You're hoping that Namjoon can remember all the details.

You leaned back and nodded for him to recite your cover up story. "We met at a high school festival and became good friends. I had to move to a new country a few months later and now I decided to travel around the world trying to find inspiration for my future."

Satisfied, you clapped. "Good and that should be good enough to be convincing." You wanted to pat yourself on the back for the convincing story. And it was just in time too as your mom knocked on the door.

"Dinner is ready!"

You gave an encouraging smile to Namjoon and the two of you headed downstairs. After asking what Namjoon wanted to drink, you began to do your part and get some glasses.

Namjoon offered to help your mom out as she frowned that she had put her best dishes on the top shelf of the cabinet. "I can help with that." He easily picked up the plates and handed them to her. But you're forgetting you're dealing with Namjoon here. The only person you know that can shatter a vase that was practically locked on the pedestal.

The plates crashed to the ground and everyone stared at it. Pure shock and fear was etched onto Namjoon's face. "I-I am so sorry!" He repeatedly apologized. Blindly, he bent down and started to gather the pieces. Perhaps due to his shock and your mom telling him to be careful, Namjoon accidentally cut his hand. More panic sent in.

Carefully, you hopped over the broken pieces and came to his side. "Are you okay?" You delicately grabbed his hand to inspect the wound on his hand. Thankfully, it didn't look deep. "I'll help you out." You urged him to stand as he apologized once more to your mom.

She waved him off, somewhat used to it because of your dad. "The stuff is in the bathroom." She said towards you.

You guided Namjoon through the shattered pieces and led him to the bathroom. There, you made him sit on the toilet while you searched the cabinet for the kit. Once you found it, you placed it on the sink and went to work. At least you knew how to use this kit unlike Wonderland's simple and easy one.

"I'm sorry." Namjoon apologized again.

"It's totally okay." You replied and disinfected the cut.

He hung his head low, eyes watching your movements. He looked upset about the whole thing. After you finished cleaning and dressing up the wound with a band-aid, you put everything away and stared at Namjoon who was glaring at the cut. You sighed and grabbed his face to look up at you.

"It's okay as long as you don't get hurt." You said.

His eyes stared at you, as if they were searching for a lie. Once he didn't, he smiled. "I think that's why I'm starting to fall in love with you."

A silence occurred.

Both of your eyes widened at his words. What did he just say?! You could feel your face become warm and you pulled back as Namjoon looked like he was going to scream. "If you're going to say something like that, at least tell me before my heart just..." You couldn't even finish your sentence.

"Huh?"

Both of you stood there until your mom called out which spooked you two. As you two went back to the table, even your mom could see the awkward tension during dinner. Thankfully Namjoon went through the cover up story without stumbling once and after dinner, it was time for him to go.

As the two of you stood in front of your house, you awkwardly looked away from him. "I-I'll go visit you soon."

"Um, I hope you do."

You took a peek to see he was embarrassed. Then all of a sudden, he gave you a hug to which you returned. Quickly, Namjoon broke it and rushed off, calling, "You better visit soon!"

You smiled to yourself, probably looking like a dork but you couldn't help it. The clumsy king decided to trip into your heart.