Chapter 10

Hoseok had finally separated the two and declared that in another few minutes, there would be a nice river to wash off at. Finally, there's a river close by. This time you got to ride with Jungkook and it wasn't totally because he started making puppy eyes. Nope. Totally not. He seemed way too excited as he kept talking to you. Something about how Namjoon tripped while walking to which the Red King kept telling him to shut up.

After a few more minutes, you could hear the gentle sound of a river. Yes! Now you won't be dirty anymore! Everyone slowly stopped the horses as Jungkook helped you down. "Okay, so we'll stand guard and you can go first Y/N." Namjoon smiled.

"Are you sure?" You had to ask since he was a king and all.

"Yes, you may wash up first. If anything happens, just scream and we'll kill whatever it is." Namjoon said, confidently along with two of the others. Taehyung only shrugged his shoulders. Well, at least Taehyung was honest. They gave you a towel afterwards.

Thanking them, you followed the noise through some trees and found it. A river that was a beautiful blue was calling out to you. You decided that you'll wash your clothes later and started to strip everything off to drop on a nearby rock. The cold water greeted your foot first but you sucked it up and splashed into the water. It was cold and you let your body adjust to the temperature. As it did, you started to scrub yourself clean of all the goo and blood.

Another crack echoed around you and you looked up to the sky. At least the night sky was disappearing now that the rays of the sun were starting to break the starless sky. You're still not sure how you're even going to save Wonderland. What are you going to do? Go punch the sky? Not to mention all these weird creatures that you can't even fight against! You just don't have any idea anymore.

Getting out of the water, you grabbed the single towel to dry off. Ugh, you forgot about your clothes. You grabbed them and dunked them in the river. It's not like you were back at home with a washer so you scrubbed them against a rock underneath the water. There were some spots that were already dry so you did the best you could in this world. Satisfied with how clean you got them, you realized a fatal mistake. You're going to wear wet clothes. Hanging around the group may have caused you to lose some brain cells. Aha, totally kidding...

Uselessly, you tossed them back onto the rock where the sun was shining the brightest. It wasn't much but it was something. You're hoping that the sun is going to dry them at least a little. You won't lie but the sun on you felt really great after the bath. It had started to rise quicker. You felt refreshed and could take living out in the wild for a few days. As you stood there, you froze up. You glanced around to feel a pair of eyes watching you. You swear if it was one of them... Then one of the same creatures from before prowled its way through the bushes.

Oh great. You're going to die naked. 

As soon as the creature took a stance to pounce, you let out a scream. And damn, from now on you're really going to call Jungkook your guardian angel. He came through the treeline so fast that you didn't have time to register it. Now where the creature once stood was Jungkook with the odd looking creature dead on the ground. What even happened?

"Are you okay, Y/N?!" Jungkook bounded over to you with a worried look on his face. Now he looked even more dirty.

"Uh yes." You blinked, wondering how fast Jungkook really was. "Thank you. You were fast."

Oh no. Jungkook now had a proud look on his face. "Yeah I'm fast! Faster than anyone else and-" Then he stopped, his face flushed. "Y/N... y-you're naked!" And he had to say that once everyone else cleared through the tree line.

"Jungkook. I know." You refrain yourself from smacking the bunny. "I'm still wearing the towel." You could feel everyone look away and then Jungkook started apologizing. So much. After getting the rabbit to quiet down for a second, you managed to get everyone to leave you alone. They took all that time and now your clothes were dry.

Quickly, you put back on your clothes and went back to where the group was. Once you made it back, you could see Namjoon and Hoseok scolding Jungkook as Taehyung snickered. "Don't point stuff like that out ever again!" Jungkook nodded in shame. Well, at least Jungkook was learning from two gentlemen.

"Okay, I'm done." You said that to announce your arrival. They all turned to you and debated on who should go next. Namjoon took his chance and then you sat on a nearby rock. It wasn't the most comfortable thing to sit on but it would do for now. Hoseok took this opportunity to sit right beside you on the large rock.

"Are you doing okay?" He asked. You swear Hoseok was the nicest person out of everyone in Wonderland.

"Yeah." You replied. "I'm just tired." You sort of hoped that Hoseok might have picked up on your clue.

And he did. He nodded. "I understand. We're sorry about Jungkook and his way of blurting things out."

"It's no problem. It was embarrassing." You wished that he hadn't done so. Hoseok nodded and then it got quiet. How to save Wonderland had been on your mind so you decided to ask if Hoseok knew anything or perhaps thought of something. "Do you know how... I save Wonderland?"

Hoseok looked at you with a sad look. "I'm sorry. I'm afraid I have no idea how. No one really knows what's causing the destruction or what those creatures are. All we know is the rumor of the White King knowing a possible way."

You hummed in understanding. It's strange if you think about it. Yeah, there were already a lot of strange things in Wonderland but why it's happening is part of the question. At last, Namjoon returned and it was Taehyung's turn. Namjoon sat down on the ground and let out a sigh. "Sorry if the journey is taking longer than we thought." He apologized.

"No worries." You replied. It honestly wasn't none of their fault. It's not like you're going to say, why we couldn't have taken the airplane or a car or something. That was too unrealistic in this world. The rest of the time was a comfortable silence as Taehyung went, then at last Jungkook was going to wash up.

Namjoon and Hoseok set up the tents so that everyone could gather some sleep before arriving at the White King's castle. You're still not sure how much longer it is. By the time Jungkook returned, all the tents were set up and you finally got to get some sleep. Saying good night to everyone, you crawled into the tent and laid down. You could hear the faint noises of them talking and settling down in their tents.

Thankfully the tent blocked out some of the sun and you were ready to drift off into sleep. Until Namjoon let out a scream about finding a large insect in his tent. You weren't going to get any sleep.