Chapter 21

Namjoon and you finished your food while Seokjin was still halfway through his own food. Now you weren't judging him if he ate slowly. Sometimes you do that too. No. He decided to continue on with an explanation that wasn't even done! At first, you were gladly listening but Seokjin... was not a good story-teller.

He started off strong then somewhere along the line, he derailed. He was going with the story but talked about unnecessary details and if someone came up... Seokjin had their whole life story.

You casted a worried look towards Namjoon who understood the message. Please end Seokjin's talk.

"Uh, Seokjin?" Namjoon cautiously asked. "I think we're all tired, so we need to head to bed before traveling."

Seokjin tilted his head. "But I haven't gotten to the end."

"I'm sure we'll love to hear it tomorrow!"

You casted a wary glare at Namjoon. What was he thinking?!

"Oh okay! Y/N, would you ride with me tomorrow?"

Oh no. You didn't want to come off as rude but you also didn't want to break that smile of his. "Uh, s-sure..."

"Seokjin, your stories are stupid." Jungkook declared the moment he found out that you were walking with Seokjin today. He was only a little salty. Okay, a lot.

The King glared at him. "No, you are."

What a great comeback. You kept your mouth shut in fear of laughing. Jungkook stuck out his tongue. Most of the group walked in front of you and Seokjin since they heard Seokjin was telling a story. That's rude, leaving you by yourself. Well sort of since Jungkook didn't leave you alone.

After a short trek along with school insults, you arrived at another house. Namjoon knocked on the door and it was revealed to be a middle-aged woman. "Good morning and sorry to disturb you." The Red King said. "If you don't mind, have you heard of any stories regarding a magic rock that's split in half?"

"Why do you want to know?" She crossed her arms. "Planning on stealing it?"

"Never!" Namjoon shook his head. "But is it real?"

"Some say so. Though only one man has gotten there and came back in one piece." She pointed to a trail that led to the woods. "He lives somewhere there." Then she shut the door.

"How rude." Jimin muttered. You know he wanted to say something else but thankfully, he stopped himself. Everyone started the trek through the forest and at last came upon an older house.

Namjoon took the honors of knocking on the door. There was silence. "Are they not home?" Taehyung questioned and tried peeking into the windows.

Hoseok smacked the back of the Mad Hatter's head. "Don't peek."

Taehyung huffed as Namjoon knocked once more. There was still silence. "Should we come back later?" The Red King hesitantly asked.

"Who are you?" A gruff voice interrupted.

Everyone turned around to see an old man holding an ax. Okay, yeah that isn't scary at all. You made sure to hide a bit by Seokjin in case the man threw the ax. Namjoon stepped forward but you could see him falter a bit. "We came by to ask some questions regarding a magic stone that's split in half?"

You could see recognition flicker across his face. "Maybe I do. What do you want with it?" He settled a glare on everyone.

"You see, we think that the rock is the key to restoring Wonderland." Namjoon said.

"And?" The old man walked forward dragging the box full of wood. "It won't be together again without someone."

"Yes!" Namjoon grabbed your hand. "This is our Alice although the name is Y/N."

The old man settled his gaze on you. "Um, hi." You awkwardly smiled as you were unsure of what else to do.

"Is this Alice that's supposed to save us? Yeah right." He continued on.

Wow. Okay, that's so rude. But oh of course your guardian would not allow that to pass. "Hey! Y/N is going to save Wonderland! The tree threw her down the rabbit hole!" Jungkook glared at the man.

"The tree did?" He stopped before his front door. Now that you think about it, the tree did throw you in the rabbit hole. He looked over to you. "Tell me, how did you find Wonderland?"

You explain that this whole land is based on a book you read except how the unrelated events of the world falling apart was not part of the book. The old man listened and once you concluded, he thought about it for a bit. "Hm. It does sound like Wonderland needs you. Fine."

Is he agreeing...?

He opened the door to his house and paused. "You may come inside."

Warily, everyone followed inside. It was cute and cozy. It didn't show any signs of murder here so you think you're safe. Awkwardly, you took a seat and sat next to Yoongi. His fluffy tail occasionally brushed up against you. The old man disappeared a bit deeper into the house. Across from you, Taehyung leaned in. "You guys don't think he'll kill us right?"

At least you weren't the only one with these thoughts.

"If he does, I'll fight him!" Jungkook was pumped.

"If you're going to talk about me, at least whisper it." The old man returned a large book.

Taehyung and Jungkook nervously laughed. One of these days, those idiots are going to get you killed or something.

The old man dropped the book onto the small coffee table in front of him. He opened it up to reveal a similar map to the one you guys had. Except something was off about this one. "This map shows the trail to the magic rock unlike the one you have."

On this map, there was a glowing orange line that circled around a certain spot on the map. You're guessing that's where the rock is.

"What would you like for it?" Namjoon questioned.

The old man shrugged. "I have everything I need here so take it. You'll probably come back alive." How reassuring. The old man then turned to you. "Now here's what you need to do." You paid close attention. "You're just going to gather some water from the Fountain of Tears." He pointed to a spot on the map a little ways from the village where there was a small pond. "Then pour it over the rock and it should restore itself back."

"Alright, but this sounds suspicious. There's no monster or something guarding the water?" You hesitantly asked. It sounded too easy to be true.

"Ah, you're smart." The old man smiled for once. "There's two guardians. One for the lake and one guarding the rock. Well only half of the creatures are alive as the rock is split in half."

The Red King nodded. "We understand." Then he looked over to you. "Are you ready to save Wonderland?"

"As ready as I'll ever be." This was it. You're a little closer to saving Wonderland.