Chapter 13

You sat down in between Yoongi and Hoseok. At least it wasn't with Jungkook who was already giving the puppy eyes. You don't think you would last the dinner. Seokjin, of course, sat at the head of the table and then looked over to one of the staff. Well, at least you assumed since they were wearing white and blue clothing. They then whistled and it made you jump when large doors slammed open.

The staff entered the hall, rolling trays of delicious looking food. You could feel your mouth water at the sight. They started to place various dishes on the table and once everything was set, you dug in. You grabbed some from each plate, wondering if the food tasted the same at the Red Kingdom. Everyone was quiet, munching away and enjoying some of the best food you ever had. Well, maybe since you've been on the road and a home cooked meal was the way to go. For once, it was a quiet dinner.

Then it wasn't.

Hoseok screeched as he flung away from his seat. "Seokjin! You have pests here! Your kingdom isn't so pretty!" He pointed at something on the table. You jumped from his scream, frantically looking at him.

Everyone looked at what Hoseok was pointing at. There was a blue caterpillar, lounging on the table. You slightly narrowed your eyes at the familiar insect.

Just like your prediction, the blue caterpillar from before appeared before you all. "Hello. What did I miss?" The blue hair guy said as he shifted his position on the table. His knee almost knocked a plate of food over.

"Oh my fucking hell." Yoongi muttered.

The caterpillar heard him and turned around to face him. "Hi Yoongi." He dangerously narrowed his eyes into a glare. "Remember the time you threw my hookah and disappeared? You know, it just happened a few days ago?"

"Shut up Jimin." Yoongi replied, stuffing a bit of food in his mouth.

Jimin huffed and then his eyes landed on you. "Oh hey! It's the little pussy girl!"

"Oh fuck you." You responded back.

Now there was an angry Jungkook reaching for the blue caterpillar, a running away Jimin, a very scared Hoseok, an unphased Taehyung staring at the scene, a highly amused Namjoon watching, a screaming Seokjin about his castle and a hungry Yoongi who kept eating.

"What the fuck is wrong with Wonderland?" You asked yourself.

Unfortunately, it looks like Jimin was also staying at the castle with everyone. Yay... You rolled your eyes as Jimin gracefully picked out a few books that probably had the information or hints. You were annoyed with him in every possible way. Like it didn't even matter if he was just standing there. You hated the way he just stood there.

But you're learning to ignore him now. Is it going great? It depends but you've been looking through books by yourself. So far, it's only been a day and they were driving you crazy. No matter what, no one seemed to really get along and you think that's because of a certain blue caterpillar. Oh look there goes another argument.

A scoff was heard from Jimin. "Why does this book only talk about how handsome you look?" He held up the book. "Seriously, this doesn't make sense."

Seokjin simply shrugged. "I'm not sure. I was just given that as a gift by my citizens. They must really love me."

Jimin flipped open the book to the first page. "It says right here, 'This book is dedicated to King Seokjin who mainly told me to write down everything in this book. At least I'm getting paid for this I guess.'"

There was silence after Jimin read it out loud. He did not pay someone to write the book... right? You hoped so. The weird moment was interrupted by Jungkook laughing out loud. "You paid someone to write a book about you?!" He looked like he was having the time of his life over there.

Soon, the others joined in and you kind of did too. Laughter was contagious. Seokjin glared at everyone. "That really hurts my feelings. I hope you know that I'm quite handsome around here."

"Please, you're not even that handsome." Jimin scoffed and rolled his eyes.

Seokjin whipped around, his eyes burning. "My face is the most handsome thing in Wonderland, you vaping insect."

"It's not vaping!"

At least Seokjin looked like he wasn't a big fan of the caterpillar as well. That was a plus. A couple of hours had passed and you closed the book you skimmed through. It was also nothing, something about the minerals and rocks that were found in Wonderland. You put the book off to the side in your pile you deemed, "nothing related to what's happening right now". Your sad pile of "something that can be related" was empty of books. You grabbed another book from the pile, this one titled, "A Magic Rock". It looked to be a children's story from the looks of it.

The charming appeal of a pretty rock was printed on the cover. It was a large looking rock that had rays of light strewn about it. You were about to put it in the pile when you looked at it more carefully. Well, you were a bit curious on how this story would play out. Besides, you need a little break from everything. You'll just read it quickly.

Opening up the book, you were delighted to see it was a picture book. It started off with the classic, "once upon a time..." and you got invested in the story. It was about a little girl transported to another world. There she was to fight off the villain with just a sword and companions. You could feel your eyes widen slightly in surprise. The book described the world was deteriorating and the picture besides it looked to be like the flashes of what you've seen in Wonderland. Reading more, she went on the journey and fought off more creatures. Two of them being familiar with what attacked you and the sand monster who lurked in the sand. This... couldn't be a coincidence... 

The book continued on and the girl came face to face with the rock in which in this picture, it looked to be broken in half. Gathering information around the small town, she found out that the rock was split in half by someone, releasing the evil spirits trapped in there. Now she had to find a way to restore the rock and find out who did it. She met up with one of the elders who started to say, "Now the only way to restore the rock whole is to sprinkle some of the water from the..."

Your heart dropped when you realized half the page was ripped out. Hurriedly, you tried to flip through the rest of it when the last pages were also ripped out. Seriously?! Who decided to rip out the last pages?! Angrily, you glared at the book and mentally cursed out whoever did this. As you did so, it looks like you captured the attention of Hoseok.

"Um, Y/N, are you alright?"

You cut off your internal (or maybe not so internal) monologue. Whoops, did you accidentally say some of them out loud? "Sorry." You apologized and then it clicked in your brain. You need to tell them about this! "Hey Hoseok." You got up and headed over to where he sat.

You opened up to the first page where there was the resemblance. "I think this story is related." Hoseok took the book from you, eyes scanning the page.

"I think you're right." Hoseok called out for everyone to come to him. Everyone did so and then Hoseok showed the book you found.

Taehyung looked at it carefully. "You really think that a children's book can give us a hint?"

Hoseok shrugged. "Y/N thinks so since they found it."

"Oh then never mind I think this can be a great hint." Taehyung was quick to change his mind. Hoseok looked really offended by that.

"Honestly, it could be a great hint." Namjoon muttered. "Seokjin, do you have a map?"

"Uh..." Seokjin looked around the library. "Yes?"

Namjoon looked disappointed. "You don't know if you have one don't you?"

"You are right about that." Seokjin had no shame as his eyes glanced everywhere. "It could be anywhere."

There was a silence so deafening, you were sure you could hear a pin drop. "Do you not know where everything is?!" Jimin was the first to react, obviously upset with the King. It's just another day in Wonderland.