m.yg

Something's off. You can feel it.

As you finished preparing your lunch, you looked around the kitchen. Nothing was there. Your parents weren't here and it was you alone at home. Hm, were you being paranoid from your trip to Wonderland? It had to be...

You put away all the ingredients and headed to the dining table to set down your sandwich. You went back to the kitchen to grab a drink and maybe some chips. Once you returned, the bag of chips fell to the ground but luckily you held onto your drink. Your eyes frantically stared at the empty plate.

Where did your sandwich go?!

Your eyes flickered everywhere. Did an intruder get into your home?! Wait. That's stupid to just steal a sandwich unlike your phone and TV just laying around. Unless they were just really hungry and took your food? Though someone is in your home! Worriedly, you glanced around and slowly made your way to your phone.

You kept quiet in fear of someone popping out. Hm, you didn't hear any noises so you quickly scooped up your phone and just when you opened up the phone app, a hovering cat appeared in your vision. "Can I get another one?"

Frightened, you let out a scream and fell backwards. The drink that was still in your hand dropped to the floor and splattered everywhere. Your phone clattered to the ground as you looked up at the Cheshire cat. Oh wait. It's Yoongi. It didn't register in your mind. It's Yoongi!

"What are you doing here?" You clutched at your poor heart. Honestly, you think you're dreaming or something.

Yoongi shifted to his human form and hovered above you. "I just wanted to see you."

Okay. He should not say a sentence like that with a serious look on his face. It might run you into a different way of thinking. "I was going to visit soon." You picked up your phone and checked for any damages.

"Were you going to?" One of his ears flicked.

"Yep." An awkward silence filled the air. "So, um, how's Wonderland? Is everything okay?"

Yoongi nodded. "Everything is okay. There hasn't been anything else going on..." Then an expression crossed his face. "Except for Jimin smoking everywhere."

You could feel his pain. Especially the first time you met the caterpillar and he blew the damn smoke in your face. Sometimes you can get angry or annoyed thinking about it. "I get it." You looked at the poor drink. "Let me clean this up first."

His ears went down in shame. "Sorry about that." He floated to where you grabbed some paper towels. "I can help." He took them from your hands. "Can I get another sandwich please?"

Damn it. "Alright." You agreed.

Happily, Yoongi went back to clean up the mess. Now you took all the ingredients you had before and grabbed another plate this time. This time you made two sandwiches and once you were done, you put all the ingredients away. You didn't bother getting a drink and returned to the table with the food.

Yoongi already cleaned up the mess and was patiently waiting for you to return. He perked up a bit as you gave him the plate. You had barely taken two bites of your sandwich as Yoongi had already finished his. "How did you not choke on your food?"

The Cheshire Cat tilted his head at you. "I just eat." Both of you stared for a while until you awkwardly nodded. His eyes flickered around your house. "I like your house. It's quiet and small."

You're going to take that as a compliment. You think.

Yoongi leaned forward, eyes staring at you expectedly. "Can... I take a nap here?"

You blinked. "What?"

"I'm a bit tired." He admitted.

Then finally it clicked into your mind. "Why? Was Jimin bugging you again?" Oh no, you think you made a pun but Yoongi chose to ignore it.

His ears went down in anger. "How did you know? He's been getting on my last fucking nerve and my last braincell!"

Honestly you felt like that sometimes so you didn't think he was exaggerating. At all. "Sure, the couch is over there." You pointed in the direction of the living room. Yoongi sent you a nod and hurried into the living room. You guess he must have really wanted that nap. So for the next few minutes, you ate in silence and scrolled through your phone. You're thankful your dad is still on his trip and your mom was out of the house to visit a friend who came to town. You're not sure how you would explain that there's a half man and half cat sleeping on your couch.

After you finished your sandwich, you cleaned up the mess. Putting plates in the sink and putting the chips away, you filled up a glass with water. You chugged it eagerly and then at last went into the living room. You may have been stalling a bit, trying to process Yoongi in your house. There was Yoongi peacefully sleeping away.

Well, it looks like he already made himself at home.

You simply sighed and claimed the empty space in the entire room which was the armchair. You're not sure what else you could do so you switched on the TV and tried scrolling for something to watch. As you were absorbed in finding a good show or anything, you failed to hear the car door slam or the footsteps leading up to your front door. Or even the key being inserted into the lock.

"Sorry, I forgot-" Your mom's eyes landed on Yoongi who was in a deep sleep. "You didn't tell me you had a friend over."

You froze in your seat. Your mind was racing to come up with an excuse and you're hoping Yoongi doesn't turn into the Cheshire cat or move his ears and tail. "Oh, um, yeah! I thought I told you? Sorry I must have forgotten." You forced a smile on your face and hoped that it wasn't as awkward.

Your mom stared at you. "Oh. Well, next time tell me." She hurried into her room and retrieved her wallet. "I can't believe I forgot my wallet. Now I have to pay back my meal." She muttered. "Well, have fun." She then went back out, locking the door and now you could hear her car drive away.

Letting out a sigh, you started to relax. How did you not even hear her come in?! As you fought with the thoughts in your mind, Yoongi spoke up. "What did I miss?"

"Stop scaring me like that!" You jumped in your seat and faced him.

"Sorry." He yawned. He did not look sorry at all. He comfortably stretched out and propped up his head with his hand. "Did something happen?"

"No, nothing did." You didn't bother telling him that your mom came in. Why even bother? He didn't need to know. So you continued searching for a show and to ignore Yoongi's stare.

Now, he won't tell you but he heard your mom came in. Yoongi was a bit amused and wanted to see what you would do. So it filled his heart when you called him a friend. Or maybe something more...? Nah, maybe it's too soon.

Yoongi shook away the thoughts and decided this was enough for his visit. He'll come back next time. An amused smirk danced on his face as he teleported behind you.

You jumped again feeling his arms wrapped around you. As you were about to scold him for scaring you again, Yoongi said something first. "I'll see you next time, Y/N." Then he planted a kiss on your cheek. Your face warmed at the action and you quickly whipped around to see that he already disappeared.

That sneaky cat! Next time, you're visiting Wonderland and scaring him like that!