Chapter 3

NKANYISO MADIDA

Today was a success. My wife is happy and as they say – happy wife, happy marriage. I love that Leah isn’t hard to impress. She appreciates even the little things I do for her and it makes my heart rejoice. Today we went out for dinner to make it up to her for coming home late. I know she has forgiven me. Leah is not one to hold grudges. Right now we are back home. It is past eleven and we are watching a movie. Saturday nights are always reserved for us, just the two of us enjoying each other’s company.

“Did you call your mother back?” Leah asks. She has her head on my lap.

I stroke her face with my fingers, “I did and she is drunk again.”

“That explains why she was asking who I am. I was getting worried.”

“Why get worried?” I ask and she shifts so she can face me.

“I was thinking maybe it was some side chick you are seeing.”

I laugh, “Do you think I would have a side chick when I have a wife that looks like you and a wife that does me the way you do?”

“You may never know but I trust you and I know you would never do anything to hurt us.”

I lean and kiss her lips, “How about you go put on that lingerie I bought for you.”

“I have it on.”

I bite my lower lip, “Is it under that gown?”

“Maybe!”

“How about we take this party to the bedroom?” I say and she nods, “Go and wait for me in the bedroom. I have to make a phone call first.

She gets on her feet and kisses me, “Don’t take too long.”

I watch her as she walks away. I love her so much and everything I do is for her. My wish is for her to have the life she deserves. I owe her the world. This woman had my back when I had nothing. She was with me when I was at my lowest. I shove my hand in my pocket and take out my phone. I switch it on and messages flood in. I take a deep breath and dial back Nandi.

Nandi: It’s about time you answered your phone. Who answered your phone earlier?

Me: Hey my love!

Nandi: Don’t call me that…who answered your phone?

Me: That was my mother. She saw your caller ID and got curious, after all, you are saved as the love of my life.

Nandi: Oh my God, I am so sorry. What did she say? I am sorry my love.

Me: It’s okay and your mother-in-law is looking forward to seeing you.

Nandi: I feel so stupid. I thought you were cheating on me.

Me: Why would I do that? Don’t you trust me?

Nandi: I do…I am sorry.

Me: You can apologize by spending the money on that card. You know I love it when you spoil yourself.

Nandi: Thank you my love and I am sorry for doubting you. Let me make it up to you, tomorrow.

Me: I am meeting up with my brothers tomorrow. Let’s do it Monday.

Nandi: Monday it is.

Me: Goodnight and take care of yourself for me.

Nandi: I will…I love you.

I hang up and switch off my phone then join Leah in the bedroom.

NANDI MYENI

“Hey,” Eric murmurs with his hand fondling my breasts and then they move to my behind. I love how he makes me feel. I love how he makes my knees weak. Sexual intercourse with him always feels like magic. “Open for me, my love!”