Chapter 44

NANDI MYENI

I am spending the night at Tiana’s house. I am spending the night at my friend’s since the madam of the house asked me to leave. I never ask her to leave when I want to do stuff with Nkanyiso. I thought we are a family now. If we are a family then why did she have to make me leave? Leah loves acting like the queen of the house. Nkanyiso made it clear that we are all a family but she wants to do things on her own time. She is starting to annoy me. I think I should ask Nkanyiso to get me an apartment or better ask him to buy me a house. I am getting sick of Leah and the stress is not right for my baby.

Speaking of my baby, I wanted to spoil my baby and me today but the card Nkanyiso gave me kept declining. I don’t know what is going on but every card he gives me ends up declining when I spend more than five thousand. I check my phone and Nkanyiso did not even ask how I traveled. The thought of what they may be doing is making me want to throw up.

“Are you okay?” Tiana asks, “You look distracted.”

“Do you know that Leah told me to leave because she wants to do stuff with Nkanyiso?”

“Yes, you have already told me that,” she replies, “All hundred times.”

“I am sick of Leah!”

“Nandi you found her there and she is the first wife. What were you expecting? Obviously, she will have the higher power,” she says. Talking to Tiana feels like adding fuel to the already burning fire.

“We are supposed to be equals.”

“Equal with Nkanyiso’s first wife? Come on Nandi you know better than that. Let’s not talk about Leah, how is the baby?” she asks.

“The baby is fine, I am just pissed at Leah.”

She rolls her eyes, “Let Leah be. Have you started buying baby clothes?”

“I will buy.”

“Nandi be serious, please. Do you even think about your baby or the only thing on your mind is what Nkanyiso and Leah do? You chose this life, you chose to be part of this so accept everything that comes with it,” she says and now she sounds angry. Isn’t she supposed to be on my side?

“So you want me to smile at the fact that they could be shagging wherever they are?”

She answers, “They are husband and wife and that is what they do.”

“Whose side are you on, Tiana? Seriously whose side are you on?”

‘What do you want me to say?” she asks, “You want me to say Leah had no right to ask you to leave? At least she respects you enough to ask you. I warned you, Nandi. I warned you about all this, look at you now.”

“I never asked for this.”

She shakes her head, “You had a choice to leave this man but you chose not to stay. I warned you, Nandi. I even offered to get you a job but no, you want Nkanyiso.”

“No need to be harsh.”

“I have to be harsh, you need to think of your baby,” she says.

“Okay, godmother. Can I lie down, my back hurts.”

“Sure, l fixed the spare room for you,” she leads the way.

“Why are you so angry?”

She answers, “I hate how this man is treating you and I hate how you are allowing him. Nandi, you are settling for less and now you are sharing a man with another woman. Have you seen how pretty you are? You don’t deserve all this.”