29

"Lis, the old doctor definitely won't notice the difference. We look so much alike, not even dad and mom will be able to tell if we changed clothes and hair ties!" Liam revealed a big smile, mischief flashing in his eyes.

I was smiling too. Leading my younger brother by the hand, I said: "If the old doctor guesses wrong this time, let's take away his chuanbei loquat candy!"

"Lis~."

"Mm?" I turned my head, smiling at my brother, Liam. 

We were alike in many ways. We were almost identical in appearance and height, and we even lost our baby teeth at the same time.

Liam and I met each other's eyes, then we laughed at each other, both without a front tooth.

"Hahahaha~" 

"Hahahaha~" 

"Lis~, say it to me~" 

"Say what?"

"You are me, and I am you~"

Liam said cheerily, skipping and jumping along, swaying my hand with his own.

I skipped alongside with him, rhythmically swinging our linked hands back and forth.

"You are me, and I am you~" 

----

"Battalion Commander? Battalion Commander, please wake up." 

"You are me, and I am you." 

"What did you say?" 

Mina had been hearing Lisa's mumbling since earlier, but she could not hear anything distinctly. She decided to put her head closer to Lisa's lips, to hear what she was saying.

----

"Shh!" 

"What are you doing! You greenhorn, don't you know how old I am! Making me run all this way, you..."

"Doc, please be quiet." Jackson's personal guard put a hand over the military doctor's mouth. 

He had just taken a look inside Lisa's tent, and he found a young woman 'sprawling' on Lisa's body. It was so suggestive that he stopped himself and the military doctor from entering at once.

"Shh, doc, please don't speak. Come with me." He dragged the old military doctor firmly to the side as he said that. 

The military doctor glared at him, moustache twitching above his lip. He looked tired and angry at the same time.

"Doc, that old saying says it well: One should rather destroy ten temples than a single marriage! Battalion Commander is like a good brother to us, he's our life's savior. You can tell how hard it is to be a soldier, right? Apart from the ones in the prostitute camp, there's not a lady to be seen here all year round."

"Hmph, why are you telling me all this?" 

"Just now~ Hehe, I saw a young woman lying on Battalion Commander. I think she's one of those girls who's with Her Highness, I saw her once before, that appearance, ohh, now that's what you call beautiful~~. That's why, I'm really sorry, but I'll have to escort you back."

"You greenhorn!" 

Despite saying that, the military doctor's expression improved. He continued to grumble, but he turned and left with the soldier, still carrying a medicine box on his back.

"Hehehe, apologies to you doc. Hahaha. I'll go and ask for compensation from the officers in a moment."

-----