40

Based on Lisa's intuition and experience, enemies loved to pick spots like valleys to set up an ambush.

Firstly, it was convenient to hide in.

Secondly, they would have the advantage of higher ground. If they had archers too, any troops that entered the valley would suffer a shocking casualty rate...

Jennie felt the carriage slowing down, so she lifted the carriage drapes to ask: "Liam, did something happen?"

"Jen, there is a valley ahead. Such terrain is ideal for surprise attacks, I'm worried that there may be an ambush ahead."

"Then what should we do? Should we go around it?"

Lisa shook her head.

"There's no path around it. We couldn't take the main road, but small roads like this often have such predicaments. We're short on time, and the donkey carriage already travels very slowly. I fear that the assassins will catch up if we keep delaying like this." Lisa answered.

Lisa took her short sword out to place it under her. She sat on the flat side, then she bid Jennie to have her dagger ready.

Once they were about to enter the valley, Lisa pulled the carriage to a stop.

She lifted up the drapes to say to Jennie seriously: "Jen, if what I just said actually happens, you must never get down from the carriage regardless of the situation. I will slow them down, but you must find a chance to stab this dagger on the donkey's behind in the meantime. Even though this donkey is thin and small, it will still run quickly if it was suddenly hurt. This road leads straight to Lian city. You can just focus on escaping; I'll meet with you in the city in time. Everything is already in the carriage."

After saying that, Lisa thought of something again.

She searched her clothes to take out a bag of money, then she passed it to Jennie: "This is our travel expenses."

Jennie received the weighted bag. As she looked at Lisa before her, she was suddenly at a loss for words.

Lisa revealed an assuring smile towards Jennie, then she let down the drapes.

The carriage continued on its journey.

Jennie held the bag of money in one hand, and a dagger in the other.

Sitting inside the swaying carriage, she fell silent.

Ever since the Diana passed, Jennie had planned out every step in order to ensure a lifetime of well-being for her younger brother.

Exhausting all of her effort and thinking, she did many things and deployed many tricks.

She did not even spare any member of the royal family from her schemes.

But Jennie knew that this was only just the beginning.

In the future, there would be far greater sacrifices.

Jennie had long since been prepared for this.

But when she faced Lisa, a trace of guilt flashed in her heart for the first time.

But that guilt was fleeting. Very quickly, it disappeared from Jennie's heart completely.

Jennie closed her eyes slowly.

She breathed out lightly, and when she opened her eyes again, she had recovered the composure and expression that an Eldest Princess was supposed to have.

The match of chess has already begun. To win, or to die, there are no other paths.

Victor, Jacob, Joshua, even Bobby and Jin. As long as they had the qualifications to sit upon that throne, all of them are my rivals.