53

As per Jennie's request, Lisa stayed in the capital for ten more days.

In ten days, Lisa had a thorough experience of the capital city's extravagance.

But strangely: she held no lingering sentiment towards the capital.

On the night of the ninth day, Lisa packed up her things for her return to the military camp.

Charles bestowed a handsome horse to Lisa, named: Longleg.

Lisa received Longleg's reins from the guard, then she made a bow towards the east.

On the morning of the tenth day, it was time for her to depart.

Lisa carried her rucksack on her back. She equipped her short sword, then she mounted Longleg.

She left Tiandu city under the first rays of the morning sun.

A few miles outside the city, Lisa spotted a four-horse carriage parked by the side of the official road from afar.

Lisa's heart trembled involuntarily.

She drew in the reins in her hand to slow down Longleg's speed.

Nayeon was standing by the horse carriage, hence she noticed Lisa riding towards them on a big and tall horse.

Nayeon shouted excitedly to the carriage compartment: "Your Highness, your Highness, the Battalion Commander is here."

Hearing Nayeon's voice, Lisa felt joy in her heart: I did not expect that she would come to send me......... off.

Lisa steadied the reins before Jennie's four-horse carriage, then she jumped down from the horse's back.

Lisa had already changed back to peasant clothes today.

Nayeon glanced at Lisa from the side, finding it a wonder: isn't he ordinary looking after all...

"Your Highness, slow down."

Nayeon helped Jennie down from the horse carriage carefully.

After which, she sent a look to the carriage driver.

The two of them walked to the other side.

It was now near the end of autumn and the beginning of winter.

Jennie wore a crimson cloak, which made her flawless skin appear even more delicate and charming.

"Your Highness, you're here."

"I'm here to send you off."

Hearing that, Lisa's heart moved. She stared directly at Jennie.

Jennie smiled softly, as if she had read Lisa's heart: "I know that you don't enjoy overelaborate formalities, but the palaces have customs that must be followed. You and I are the only ones here now. Unless you can't see me as a friend anymore because of our differences?"

Lisa shook her head, then she smiled: "How could I, Your... Jen."

"A guest may be escorted for a thousand miles, but a parting must come in the end. The capital is far from the northwest. The mountains are high and the roads are long; who knows when we may meet again. Today, I shall gift this jade pendant to you. To see this jade would be to see me."

Jennie undid a jade pendant from her waist once she said that, then she gifted it to Lisa.

Lisa subconsciously extended her hand to receive the jade pendant.

When she lowered her head for a look, she saw a dainty white jade pendant engraved with Jennie's name resting on her palm.

"This..."