30

After hearing that from Mina, Jennie stood still as she thought for a while, then she smiled pleasantly: "You are quite concerned for him."

"Your highness! This maid, this maid was just..."

"You do not need to explain to me. Men grow up to marry and women grow up to be married, that's the way things are. If he feels the same towards you, I can release you from the palace, it is no issue. Ah, if there comes a day where the two of you do tie the knot, that quote rings true—the fated is bound by string even through thousands of miles."

Jennie observed Mina's face as she said that, while her own expression remained as mild as always.

"Your highness!" Mina's face turned thoroughly red, and she fidgeted where she stood.

"Jieun, bring your medicine box. Come with me and Mina." 

"Right away, Your highness."

Just like that, Jennie took Mina and Jieun to Lisa's tent.

Since Mina had said earlier that Lisa was unconscious, they entered the tent without announcing themselves.

Jennie stared at Lisa blankly when she entered the tent. Wasn't this person perfectly fine?

As it happened, Lisa had already woken up some time ago. Now she was sitting on her bed, tracing her hand on the surface of a wooden board she was holding. She was staring at the wooden board, lost in her thoughts.

Sunken so deep in her own emotions, Lisa did not notice Jennie walking in with Mina and Jieun.

Jennie called softly to Lisa: "Battalion Commander, I have brought my female doctors to check on you."

Hearing someone calling her, Lisa looked up slowly, but she did not react when she saw Jennie standing a short distance away. She simply looked at her without expressing surprise or greeting her, then she lowered her head again.

However, Jennie saw her current state clearly. She had never seen Lisa like this before. The person she was seeing right now overturned everything she previously knew about Lisa.

Lisa's eyes were frighteningly red, evidently a sign of high temperatures in the body. But what affected Jennie the most was the lost and empty look in Lisa's eyes. 

Lisa's expression seemed as if she had lost her soul, and all sense of self.

Jennie stood still. She did not move, or say anything about Lisa's 'disrespect'.

For some reason, her heart ached uncontrollably when Lisa gave her that look. 

Lisa's gaze pierced straight to the bottom of Jennie's heart, hitting the softest part of it.

"Since the Battalion Commander is awake, the two of you can wait outside first."

Actually, Jennie had already thought of a 'countermeasure' on the way to Lisa's tent.

If she were to find even a sliver of 'affection' in the way Lisa looked at Mina, she would let Mina stay in the military camp, as a 'gift' to Lisa. 

With that, she could sort Lisa in the periphery of her camp, and then proceed from there...  

Additionally, she could even let Mina become her own 'eyes', keeping Lisa's every move under surveillance.

That was why Jennie decided to come with Mina using a random excuse, so that she could observe Lisa's reaction with her own eyes. It would help with building her future plans.

But despite Jennie's countless expectations and calculations, she hadn't calculated seeing a Lisa so lost, so distracted, it hurt just to see her.

When Jennie saw Lisa like this, she abruptly changed her previous idea of using Mina to rope in Lisa.