63

Once Bambam was done speaking, he knocked his forehead to the floor.

The entire tent was frighteningly quiet.

Gyomei took a careful look at Lisa, finding that her expression had changed in a somewhat strange way. He forgot about reproaching Bambam for a moment.

"I've got it."

Hearing Lisa's voice, Bambam snapped his head up with wide eyes.

He could not believe his ears. He thought that Lisa would at least give him several dozens of strikes, but she's letting it pass so easily instead?

Bambam raised his head to meet Lisa's eyes, and apprehension struck his heart at once.

That pair of eyes had a frightening depth.

He could read no anger from them, or any emotion, but it was enough to stun him.

Lisa put her gaze away slowly, then she said mildly: "Bam, remember this well. This is the first time, and the last."

"Understood, boss!"

"You can go. Gyomei, you should go too, have a good rest. You've worked hard these past few days."

"Yes, Battalion Commander."

Gyomei and Bambam left the tent one after the other.

***

LISA

I pressed on the back of my waist as I slowly approached my bed, then laid down on it.

Where on earth did the provisions go?

Why did the Commander-in-Chief stop pursuing it?

Why did the tracks change in the end?

Bambam shouldn't have made a mistake, but how did the opponent sneak an exchange?

Countless questions flashed across my mind in an instant.

I quietly analyzed it in my heart.

With my limited clues and experiences, I examined each thread bit by bit.

Muichi said that Huzhou city has already been checked, so the chances of the provisions being in Huzhou city should be very low.

Bambam's ability can be trusted, so the problem must lie in Fanli city.

The fabric business seems to be the source of each tangled thread.

If I still felt that the fabric business was innocent at this point, then I would have taken those strikes for nothing.

After the analysis, I inferred two possibilities.

The first was that the fabric business traveled with the provisions, and it had indeed reached Fanli city together, but the provisions were only there briefly.

There had been other caravans leaving continuously from the other city gates.

Fiero fabric business was left in Fanli city, firstly to catch people's attention, and secondly to stall for time.

The second possibility was that the provisions were stealthily transferred after I had arrived in Fanli city.

I was dragged down by the fabric business for fifteen days. Although Bambam was sent to keep watch every day, one person's attention still had its limits.

It was highly difficult to have a complete grasp of things.

As for a situation where the provisions might still be in Fanli city, I did not give it any consideration at all.