49

Lisa could even be described as a completely different person.

The aristocrats in the capital were all pampered and spoiled, hence they carried a laid-back and leisurely air.

Though they were all fair-skinned and well dressed, they lacked a certain spirit.

But Lisa was different.

Through years of living on the frontlines, she had a quality that those other young masters lacked.

Those old and broke clothes often caused her to be overlooked, but when changed to the dress of those aristocrats, that quality was now well presented.

It was very eye-catching.

Seeing Jennie looking at her for the whole while, Lisa's face heated.

Lisa felt nervous. She could not be at ease ever since she changed into this outfit.

Such a high-quality outfit, did I look very weird wearing it? Her Highness probably thinks that I'm weird too...

Jennie could tell Lisa's embarrassment with one look. She smiled faintly, then she put away her surveying gaze of Lisa.

Jennie walked to Jonathan's side. Placing a gentle hand on his shoulder, she said to her: "Liam, this is my younger brother, the one I've told you about."

Jennie and Lisa's eyes met.

They shared a smile, as if they were back to those days of 'escape'.

Nayeon and Jonathan looked at these two oddly, feeling somewhat puzzled.

Nayeon looked at Lisa, then she blinked: why does it seem like this person turned more relaxed when he heard her Highness say that?

Jonathan helped Jennie sit on the main seat, then he sat down on the right seat.

Lisa remained next to the lowest seat.

Jennie told Jonathan a simplified summary of their journey.

As for Carl's situation and the dangers of this trip, she did not mention any of it. Instead, she started to question Jonathan's progress on his homework.

Jonathan rubbed his nose, but he did not dare to disobey his older sister.

He stood up from his seat with his back straight, then he began to report to Jennie what lessons he had learned and what books he memorized in the days where she wasn't around.

Jennie would occasionally interrupt Jonathan with a few questions. After some thinking, he would answer them at once.

Jennie would nod and give praise when it was answered well, while she would furrow her brows when they were answered passably.

She would then bring up a list of book titles that Lisa had never heard before, to have Jonathan write out sections from those books for homework.

Jonathan was only eight years old, so his small face twisted up when he heard Jennie's penalties. But he did not dare to say a word of complaint. He simply gave a nod as he said yes.

Lisa sat by the side quietly, watching the siblings interact.

Traces of warmth flowed in her heart. She was shown another side of Jennie.

With Jennie's grace and quiet elegance put away, she had the sternness of an old teacher.

As Lisa looked and looked, soon she could not take her eyes away.

Naturally, Jennie noticed Lisa looking at her the whole time. She curved the corners of her lips slightly, then she finished her evaluation of Jonathan.