31

Jackson exited from Carl's tent, then he immediately ordered people to carry him towards Lisa's tent.

Entering the tent, Jackson saw Lisa sitting on the bed, and there was a beautiful girl next to her, feeding her medicine.

Seeing this, Jackson teased: "Ahem... Um...buddy, you two carry on, carry on. I will come back later."

"Jackson! You get back here!"

As if seeing her savior, Lisa shouted for him, no longer as weak as before. 

How was this the voice of someone who lacked strength in the lungs?

"Um... Miss... Miss Mina... My brother is here, so... I won't trouble you any further." Lisa said while turning away, afraid to see the latter's expression. 

Seeing this, Mina sighed softly in her heart. Am I that terrifying? 

Mina had to feed Lisa medicine because her arms needed to rest, but Lisa refused repeatedly. Mina had to bring up the Princess in the end, and Lisa finally complied. Even so, Lisa couldn't look her in the eye as she fed her.  

Thinking to this point, Mina shot Lisa a pointed look: truly a wooden brain!

Even so, Lisa yielded to Lisa's wishes this time. She handed the bowl of medicine to Jackson, and she gave him a few reminders, like how Lisa's arms were injured and mustn't be used, then Mina left Lisa's tent.

Jackson nodded to everything Mina said, then he waved his hand for his soldiers to carry him to Lisa's bedside. 

Once the soldiers were gone, Jackson looked to Lisa with the bowl in hand, and he went "Pfft".

"Geez, buddy, you are at least sixteen this year, aren't you? How are you still blind to situations like this? That girl was so pretty! Seriously, you turn away from a pretty girl and ask for a big man like me to feed you instead?"

"What nonsense are you going on about? Give me that bowl, I'll do it myself."

Being less courteous than Jackson, Lisa snapped back at his teasing.

Since Lisa seemed irritated, Jackson put away his smile and said seriously: "No, that female doctor said that you shouldn't use either of your arms, so I have to feed you."

Feeding Lisa the medicine, Jackson smiled as he said: "Buddy, I noticed that you've changed a lot recently."

Hearing this from Jackson, Lisa raised an eyebrow: "I have?"

"Mm." Jackson nodded. 

He raised another spoon of medicine to Lisa's mouth and continued: "Buddy, it's been almost two years since we've known each other. At first, I thought you were someone who rarely talked, never smiled, even almost unapproachable, but through our time together, I learned that you are a good person. If you were actually as cold-hearted as you appeared, you wouldn't have saved my life nine times on the battlefield."  

Jackson fed the last spoonful of medication to Lisa, then he set the bowl aside. 

He continued: "These days, it feels like you have... opened up a little. You started to talk more, and you didn't keep that stony look on your face all the time either. I think past-you would have kept to yourself, even after becoming a battalion commander, but present-you is already willing to train the soldiers of the Flying-Feather battalion with everything you've got."

Lisa fell silent. Have I really changed? But when did it begin...?

Jennie's words echoed in her mind once again.

"Buddy, I just came back from the Commander-in-Chief. Did you know? Even though the number of casualties isn't that high, only two out of the sixteen Pioneer Commanders returned alive from that battle."