52

"Ai..."

Full from the feast, Lisa rubbed her own stomach as she let out a satisfied sigh.

Rose who sat beside Lisa looked at her dining desk that was 'a spread of devastation' in shock: I had never seen someone who could eat so much in one go!

Rose raised her eyes to look at Lisa. 

This person's skin was the tannest that I had ever seen before. He had long and thick eyebrows, along with plump lips that slightly pouted. Within that handsomeness, there were a few degrees of a child's mischievousness. 

Maybe it was because he ate too much; this person was presently sitting relaxed 'without any regard for appearances'. 

His body leaned slightly back, while his eyes squinted with a satisfied expression, in a manner just like that cat her mother kept who would laze in the sun once it was full and content.

Lisa's perception and senses had a sharpness inherent from birth. It was because of this talent that Joy and Yeri had such a rough time throughout the entire journey.

The same goes for now. 

Lisa's ears were listening to pleasant palace music, while her eyes were appreciating the performance of those dancers. She was at ease and relaxed, but she still reflexively turned her head towards Rose's direction.

Coincidentally finding that this budding young teenage girl beside her was giving her full attention.

Lisa was slightly startled. She remembered that this person was the Second Princess Roseanne. Jacob's sister of the same parents, of fourteen years.

And so, Lisa sat up straight to give a courtesy with her hands towards Rose. Then she turned her head back to appreciate the dancing before her.

Rose did not expect that her 'peeping' would be caught red-handed. 

As a girl, her skin was already thin; Rose's face lit up with two smears of red once Lisa turned her head back.

Rose took up the wine goblet before her in a hurry, then she slowly drank the wine from the goblet with her sleeve hiding her face.

However, this scene had not escaped Jennie's eyes. She glanced at her royal sister from the side, then she took back her gaze to look at Lisa. She then turned her head away.

"Father! This son has something to say." Jacob stood up from his seat as he held a wine goblet.

"Mm, speak as you wish."

"Father, my mother has recently passed. Rose is only fourteen years old. Father has important matters to handle daily, and this son cannot protect my sister of the same parents forever. That is why this son wishes for father to take over this matter, to find a suitable match among the sons of aristocrats for Rose, and to allow her to marry once the mourning period is over."

"Mm?" Charles fell silent for a moment after listening to Jacob's words, then he cast his gaze towards Rose.

Rose was not very old, but she had a fiery temperament. 

She got up from her seat with a red face, then she said to Charles: "Father, this daughter will not marry! Besides... Besides, this daughter is still young. If we're to talk about marrying, Jennie should marry first!"

Rose said her piece, then she sat back down while fuming. Everyone's gazes landed on Jennie at once. 

Jacob looked at Jennie from afar, then he said as if he had a big revelation: "Aiya, what a forgetful brother I am. Rose was more considerate after all, I've almost messed up the order of things."