70

Lisa's expression went through a few changes after she had listened to Haruto's explanation.

She patted Haruto's shoulder after a good while of silence, but she did not give any explanation as to her rumored ‘condition’.

Lisa grabbed a few zhus from her money bag without counting them, then she gave them to Haruto as she said: “Loyal and protective, this is a reward from this master.”

Haruto beamed with joy.

He accepted the zhu coins gifted by Lisa with both hands, then he thanked: “Thanks to master, this one will definitely be loyal to only you, the master.”

Lisa nodded, then she turned back into the tailoring shop.

She picked out a few sets of clothes for Haruto to pack them up, after which she strolled through the streets again.

She bought some trinkets and snacks along the way, then she returned to the residence with Haruto.

Once Lisa returned to the residence, she went back into the study to continue reading.

Lisa paid no mind to today’s event. Although her past self might have been anxious over what might happen, worrying that her identity may be exposed, and so on…

However, following the increase in the number of books that she read, Lisa slowly came to realize that: those things that she used to worry endlessly about had already stopped being a problem to her present self.

Lisa used to live cautiously, distancing herself from the crowd to protect her ‘secret’.

But now, even though Lisa still minded her identity, she had learned to go with the flow.

She had learned to reveal no surprise, and to answer change with no change.

Lisa had already figured it out.

The more she lived defensively, the more different she would appear in other people’s eyes.

Although everyone would keep their distance from you, not interacting with you, that did not mean that they were not keeping a lookout on you.

A peace that comes from living frankly would be much better.

More and more, Lisa felt that the advice Jennie gave her was very reasonable.

All this time, she had just thought about those hundred and eighteen lives of her village. It was indeed… too narrow-minded.

When the night was deep and the people were quiet, she would often reminisce about her past self.

Many things felt as if it had just happened yesterday.

Lisa would often laugh at her past naivety and evasiveness.

When Jennie was choosing a route for their escape, when she told her about that method of thinking, Lisa finally comprehended it completely.

Every time that Lisa thought about Jennie, she felt both yearning and admiration.

She would often sigh in her own heart: We were both women, and the same age. How was it that our scopes were so far apart…

Lisa was very grateful towards Jennie.

If she hadn’t taken away that mist of ‘revenge’, she would not be like this today.

Lisa knew that she herself could not marry, so rumors would come up sooner or later.

It was not a bad thing that some have spread earlier.

But someone did not think this way, and that person was Haruto who shared this experience with Lisa today.