47

Lisa sat down before Jennie.

Finally free from the tension, her wound up body relaxed all at once.

"Hmm..." Lisa  sighed a breath of relief as she leaned heavily on the side of the compartment.

Seeing Lisa  like this, Jennie flashed a slight smile.

"You must be so tired from this journey." Jennie said softly.

Hearing Jennie say that, Lisa straightened up at once as she answered: "Not at all, Jen... Your highness."

Jennie's smile faded slowly. She sighed quietly as she looked at Lisa: "Liam."

"Yes, Your highness."

"We are back in the palaces, hence our manners must return to what is customary, but I truly wish that you wouldn't distance from me because of our difference in position. Is that alright?"

Lisa  looked attentively at Jennie  for a good while, then she nodded heavily as she said: "Alright."

Getting the answer that she wanted, Jennie  revealed a faint smile.

Seeing this, Lisa  smiled too.

***

Buckingham Palace, Imperial Study

Outside the imperial study, a guard knelt on the white marble floor.

"Informing your Majesty, this humble servant has a matter to report!"

Charles was currently sitting in imperial study with a jade brush in his hand as he read over reports.

He raised his eyes once he heard the shout.

The steward eunuch answered to it at once. He bowed towards Charles, then he backed out from the library while swinging his horsetail whisk.

"What is it, making such a ruckus. His Majesty is reading reports!"

"Answering the eunuch, her Highness, the Eldest Princess has returned!"

"What did you say?"

The white-haired and wrinkly steward eunuch's squinted eyes turned into wide circles when he heard the guards report.

"When did this happen, how did she return!?"

"Just now, her Highness... rode a donkey carriage back. A tanned and skinny young man escorted her back. They should already be in Windsor castle by now!"

Receiving the news, the steward eunuch shook the horsetail whisk in his hand at once. He returned to the imperial study to report to Charles without any delay.

A moment later, the steward eunuch ran out in a hurry.

He announced with a loud voice: "His Majesty has decreed, prepare a litter to Windsor castle at once!"

On the royal dragon litter carried by thirty-six people, Charles  sat above it with both of his hands pressed on his knees. His torso was leaning forwards.

The stewarding eunuch was following along the dragon litter in a near run. He was already exerting great effort, but when he saw Charles's expression, he groaned in his heart.

He gritted his teeth, then he swung the horsetail whisk as he cried: "Go faster!"

"Understood!" Thirty-six people barked uniformly.

The dragon litter increased its speed once again.

The strings of beads that hung from Charles  crown swayed along with the momentum of the dragon litter. They knocked together with crisp and clear sounds.