38

Cleaned and dressed, Jennie called Lisa in.

It was already getting dark outside, and no lamps were lit inside the west house, leaving the room dim with the color of night.

Entering the room, the rippling light in the wooden tub flared in Lisa's vision for a moment, then she saw Jennie.

Like a hibiscus from clear waters, a natural beauty carved by nature.

Having just bathed, Jennie carried a faint air of moisture on her, and her skin seemed more tender than usual.

The coarse quality of her clothes did not diminish her natural beauty and presence at all.

Without the regal clothes, without any additional powders and paint, her beauty could still overthrow cities and kingdoms.

Dazed, Lisa stood in front of the wooden tub, staring blankly at Jennie without hiding the amazement in her eyes.

Jennie noticed Lisa's gaze on her, for that gaze was like a flame. It glimmered with light in the darkened room, glowing in Jennie's eyes.

Jennie could not bring herself to hate such a gaze from Lisa, because she did not find any trace of desire or messy thoughts from Lisa's eyes.

All that she could read from Lisa's eyes were amazement, appreciation, and admiration...

No woman could remain unaffected under such a gaze.

Especially a gaze like Lisa's that did not carry any evil intent, a gaze of appreciation and admiration.

All women loved beauty, and they longed to be appreciated in the same way.

Jennie was no exception.

"Li... Liam, I'm done bathing. I'll trouble you to pour out the water now."

Jennie sat down slowly on the warm brick bed, carrying a faint flush on her cheeks.

"Ah... Oh, oh, okay, I'll go right now."

At that reminder, Lisa finally snapped back to her senses.

She scooped a full bucket of water from the wooden barrel with ease, then she hauled it out deftly.

Moving quickly, the big tub was soon emptied of water in just a few trips.

Hugging an empty barrel, Lisa said to Jennie: "Jen, you should go to sleep first, I'll go and wash up too, I'll be back in a bit."

With that said, Lisa left the west house with the wooden barrel.

Jennie looked back at the brick bed.

The heated brick platform was not small; it was enough space for at least five or six adults to lie on.

However, the blanket and pillow... made only one bed.

This troubled Jennie. How should I sleep?

***

LISA

I walked out the room and decided to take a bath as well.

I did not actually have a habit of bathing every day.

Living in a military camp where battles could start at any moment, surrounded by rugged men who knew nothing about the concept of privacy, any girl who once cared about cleanliness would eventually succumb to her environment over time.

Even now, I still felt that it wasn't safe to bathe due to my current identity.

But the urge to bathe grew fiercely in my heart when I thought about how I was about to share a room with Her Highness.