Chapter 2

"You can't join the Anti-Demon Corps through traditional means. It is an all women organization, so just having you as a janitor is pushing it a lot already. But rest assured, you'll have your chance to shine. Until then, they who don't work do not eat as they say."

"What she said makes sense to a degree. She even went out of her way to inform the school of my situation. Since I don't have family, the only other person she would have to mention this to is Gramps. But......WHY AM I STUCK INSIDE WITH A BROOM?!"

To say that Nagisa was upset would be an understatement. First he was separated from his best friend after being caught in a Mato Incident. Then he gets offered a place to stay and a chance to fight against the Shuuki, only to end up cleaning for most of his time here.

"Hah, the fact you have to ask that just shows you have a lot to learn, newbie. Luckily for you, i'm feeling nice and will gladly show you where you stand."

The moment Nagisa turned around and saw it was Yachiho, the boy just kept sweeping as if no one was there

The moment Nagisa turned around and saw it was Yachiho, the boy just kept sweeping as if no one was there. One of Yachiho's eyebrows twitched in annoyance as she tried to get the boy's attention. When she poked Nagisa from behind, he merely walked faster as he kept sweeping. After this process continued for about thirty minutes, Yachiho was seen panting as she was exhausted from chasing Nagisa around.

"I think I made a lot of progress with the cleaning. Oh, you're here?"

"DON'T PLAY COY! YOU KNEW I WAS HERE THE WHOLE TIME!!!"

"You were? I just thought the trash was sentient for a moment."

Nagisa kept walking away from Yachiho, leaving the girl with a look of annoyance on her face. Plus his monotone voice only made the insults worse since it made it sound like he didn't have a single care in the world. Soon Yachiho turned around as she began to stomp towards the exit of the base to meet up with the chief.

"This is why you aren't liked by anyone!"

"......."

As Yachiho stormed off, Nagisa was only in silence. While he kept on sweeping, he began to think back on his days at school. He always hung around with Yuuki, but he never really talked to anyone else since all they did was complain and bug him with their problems without even asking if he's willing to listen. Or even worse, trying to ask him to pay for lunch and they knew they wouldn't pay him back.

"I........ I don't think I'm disliked."

"Oh, Nagi-chan. Good morning."