Chapter 40

~With Nagisa~
Right now, Nagisa and the sixth unit were brought over to the tenth unit's base to meet with the first unit chief and vice chief. Apparently the vice chief, Myouga Riu, wanted to meet Nagisa personally. As they entered inside, they saw both Riu and her chief waiting for them.

"Hello, I know we already met at the chief assembly but let me introduce myself again. My name is Tatara Konomi, nice to meet you!!!"

 My name is Tatara Konomi, nice to meet you!!!"

"I am her vice chief, Myouga Riu."

"Tomioka Nagisa, nice to meet you

"Tomioka Nagisa, nice to meet you."

As Nagisa bowed his head, he saw both Konomi and Riu staring at him. Suddenly Riu walked up towards him as she was observing him. The moment she walked a full circle around him, a smile began to be plastered on her face.

"I see. You must be the kid that Bang trained."

"Eh, you know the old man?"

"Know him? I use to fight together with that old bloke in my younger days back when my husband was alive. He was a really pompous and arrogant brat back in his youth. He would go around challenging people he thought was stronger than him. If it wasn't for Bomb putting him in his place, he'd be very different from the old man you know now."

Nagisa found this hard to believe. The strict and disciplined Bang being a delinquent and losing was hard to imagine. However, he wasn't here for that. He came here because the vice chief asked for him specifically and he could make a good guess why.

"Actually, this request is less from me and from Konomi herself."

"Tatara-san?"

"Konomi is fine. I heard from the Commander how despite being a weapon user, you were great at hand-to-hand combat. So please, spar with me, Tomioka-san!"

"....alright then. Let's do this."

~Outside~
Right outside of the tenth unit base, both Konomi and Nagisa were standing a few feet away. Riu was standing to the side as she was excited to see this fight. After hearing that Nagisa managed to beat her previous disciple, Kyouka, she was curious to see how he fairs against her current disciple.