Chapter 61

"He passed the first test."

That was the first sentence that Gun spoke as both him and Ren were seen eating out at a high class restaurant. Right now they were in the balcony area and had that space rented out for themselves so they could speak freely.

"..........."

"I obviously didn't tell him the complete truth. While it's true the Yamazaki and Yamashiro clans did want to merge and have a Yamazaki son marry into the family, the need for you and him to produce a child was a sham. Not to mention, why would we need the kids to fulfill something like that when the heads already have enough wealth and power to help future generations. This is merely a test to see if he is worthy of succeeding me and taking over Yamazaki. We need to know if he is a man worth trusting.

"...................."

"That kid, he saw through most of my lies and still answered honestly. It seems he truly does hold you in high regard. However, that encounter will lead to the second test. One that all heads of a family need. If that one encounter is enough to shake him completely, then he isn't fit for successor. Though, at least the marriage requires consent on both parties. But your father agreed that if you find a candidate, even if he doesn't agree yet, he would still financially support them."

"Let's not talk about Tomioka right now."

"Guess she never expected him to respect her at all."

~Meanwhile~
"I knew. I knew sis was hiding something from me."

As he continued his way to the dojo, Nagisa was deep in thought about what Gun said. He could tell the man wasn't being completely truthful. The dead give away was that he openly talked about Yakuza affairs in public. That was the first sign that told him to take some parts of his talk with a grain of salt.

"Even the old man too, i'm sure Bang is hiding something from me. But that doesn't matter. If he wanted to hurt me he had plenty of chances. He saved me, trained me, and even looks after me. After all the years I spent with him, I know his character the best. If he is hiding something, it's for a good reason. I'll just wait til he believes i'm ready to handle the truth. So instead of doubt, just like water, my mind will be clear and i'll trust the faith I have in him."

"Nagisa, are you okay? You took quite a while to get back here. Did you get into troube?"

As Nagisa made it to the dojo, he saw Bang waiting for him at the entrance. The man had a look of worry for his disciple, but this put a smile on Nagisa's face. He was sure of his decision. No matter the outcome, he would have faith in Bang.

"No, Old ma-....Bang. Nothing happened."

~The Next Day~
"Nagi-chan, over here!!!!"

"You're late, Tomioka."

"Don't worry about them, Nagisa. I just brought them here."