Chapter 54

"An-"

0.2 seconds. The moment that happened after Kuusetsu absorbed Mira only took 0.2 seconds. In that small time frame, before she could even finish a single word, Kuusetsu found Tomioka Nagisa in front of her. In 0.2 seconds, a katana was already in swing and touching her neck. In a measly 0.2 seconds, Kuusetsu feared for her life.

"Vector Plate."

Before he could cut off Kuusetsu's head, Nagisa noticed an arrow pointing backwards spawning underneath his feet. Before he knew it, the boy was suddenly launched backwards. The moment he landed on his feet, another arrow spawned as it took him to the left of the area and into a veil of trees. While Kuusetsu was still in shock, she saw someone walking behind her.

"Why, why did you interfere, Medusa?"

"Why? You clearly underestimate Tomioka Nagisa. Think about it, he ran all the way from here and into the city. Killed all the shuuki in the city, ran back here, and still had the energy to almost decapitate you before you even realized he was attackng. It's safe to say, Tomioka Nagisa would've easily killed you by himself."

While Yuuki was shocked to see Nagisa taken away, Kyouka was even more shocked to see Medusa

While Yuuki was shocked to see Nagisa taken away, Kyouka was even more shocked to see Medusa. She heard about this woman, but even more so, she was disgusted by her. And that was all related to one simple fact. Noticing her glare, Medusa simply smirked at the girl.

"What? You have a problem with me?"

"Of course I do. Former Chief of the now disbanded Fourth Division. After all, you're the one responsible for the death of your vice chief, Tomioka Tsutako!!!!"

"Who the hell is Tsutako? A failed experiment is a failed experiment. It's like expecting me to remember the name of a dead rat used for an experiment. Besides, I would focus on yourselves since you'll be fighting Kuusetsu here. As for me, I have to go witness it. The battle between two monsters with no powers."

~With Nagisa~
Just as the boy was finally free from being launched, he looked around to see where he was. He needed to hurry back so he could regroup with Yuuki and Kyouka. However, before he could even move, he turned to the right and used his sheathed sword to block a punch aimed at his head.

The punch was so strong, it sent Nagisa crashing through several trees. The moment he landed on his feet, Nagisa felt his chest get kicked as he was now on the ground as he felt his face getting stomped next. Shortly afterwards, his head was picked up and slammed into a tree. When Nagisa stood up, he saw the person who was attacking having his back turned towards him.